• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#121 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,770 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

Sekou Doumbouya has prototypical physical tools for a wing + put up some productive games at a very high level of competition in #Europe. He's the youngest player in this draft class, not turning 19 until late December. He has been selected 15th overall by the #Detroit #Pistons

#122 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,770 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:21 PM

When #Reddish is dialed in + playing with confidence, few players look better given his tools, smooth jumper + flashes of shot creation. When he no-shows, he looks like the type of prospect who could shorten a front office's tenure if selected too high

#123 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

There's a lot more to defense than steals and blocks, but his numbers in those categories are astonishingly low. Also not much of a rebounder. Offensive game seems relatively limited other than spot up shooting.
But good 3 and D guys are very valuable, so I'm not hating on him, just don't think he was worth trading up for and taking at 4.

mm

A lot of people think he was a top 5 player in the draft...I thought he should go top 5 because of his high floor.

However, is there much difference between him and say Reddish? Probably not.

A lot of people said there wasn’t much difference between 4 and 14 in this draft. In that regards, moving up doesn’t make any sense.

The other side to that is maybe Atlanta loved him AND maybe they didn’t like the bottom 15-25 players in this draft.

They may not have wanted that many young guys and figure, if we feel that strongly about Hunter, rather get our guy than use those picks on guys we don’t like.

No issue with that thought process especially since Atlanta has a lot of young players and perhaps wants to have more money to get some vets in there.
@BSLRobShields

#124 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

NO needs a shooter here
@BSLRobShields

#125 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,410 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

Early season Maui Classic Duke / Gonzaga was fun.... Hachimura showed well that night. 

See he's listed at 6'8... thought he was a little taller.  Is he a 3 in the NBA?  (Edit: See he's being listed as a PF.)

He's a tweener I think. His size screams 4, and his offensive game fits there, (short rim post up guy) but I think he's going to get squashed over there by some of the better 4s his rebounding and assists aren't really good, but the more athletic 3s will just fly around him, or shoot deep. He could get some mismatches playing at the 3 and post up the smaller ones, but flip side is he can't keep up with them when they get some space.

I dunno how I feel about it, like it's a space filling role player. Maybe I'm just down on the team in general. It's like the O's and the Means news tonight, we just can't ever have nice things :/

@JeremyMStrain

#126 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:26 PM

Rui should be a quality NBA player.

I don’t think he has a high ceiling but a solid role player for 10+ years is certainly possible.

Not where I would have gone at 9 but I do think he has a pretty high floor.
  • Ricker Says and JeremyStrain like this
@BSLRobShields

#127 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,067 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:31 PM

He's a tweener I think. His size screams 4, and his offensive game fits there, (short rim post up guy) but I think he's going to get squashed over there by some of the better 4s his rebounding and assists aren't really good, but the more athletic 3s will just fly around him, or shoot deep. He could get some mismatches playing at the 3 and post up the smaller ones, but flip side is he can't keep up with them when they get some space.

I dunno how I feel about it, like it's a space filling role player. Maybe I'm just down on the team in general. It's like the O's and the Means news tonight, we just can't ever have nice things :/

He's apparently a rather raw and very low IQ player that is poor defensively.

However, he's a very good athlete and he could be a late bloomer since he started playing at a late age.

#128 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

Spurs to get Little?
@BSLRobShields

#129 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,067 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

Very good pick by the Pacers and now watch the Spurs get a huge steal with Clarke.

#130 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,410 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:33 PM

He's apparently a rather raw and very low IQ player that is poor defensively.

However, he's a very good athlete and he could be a late bloomer since he started playing at a late age.

I guess that's good in a way. Leaves some room that pro coaching can really work with and may see some changes.

I mean if like Rob said, he's got a high floor and he's a role player for a number of years, teams need those too. With Reddish sitting there I guess it's the ultimate safe vs risk pick, but with the whole team so up in the air right now it's just tough to see anything making sense.

Here's hoping.

@JeremyMStrain

#131 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

Very good pick by the Pacers and now watch the Spurs get a huge steal with Clarke.

He would be a good pick.

Not sure I agree that he is a huge steal but he has a lot of upside.
@BSLRobShields

#132 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,410 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

He would be a good pick.

Not sure I agree that he is a huge steal but he has a lot of upside.

I think he's one of the big sleepers in the draft. I was waiting to see where he fell. He's one of those guys that you look back in a couple years and go man, how did he last that long?

@JeremyMStrain

#133 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

I guess that's good in a way. Leaves some room that pro coaching can really work with and may see some changes.

I mean if like Rob said, he's got a high floor and he's a role player for a number of years, teams need those too. With Reddish sitting there I guess it's the ultimate safe vs risk pick, but with the whole team so up in the air right now it's just tough to see anything making sense.

Here's hoping.

Wizards should have traded Beal. They have to blow up the team.

Reddish should have been the pick though. I understand why teams would be worried about Cam. I’d be worried about between the ears.

However, his upside is huge and the Wizards need that.

Rui becoming a good role player does nothing for you in the NBA (in terms of building a title team from the beginning).

If you take Reddish and he sucks, you don’t lose a ton vs what Rui likely gives you.

But if Cam reaches his potential, you have just stolen an AS.
@BSLRobShields

#134 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,067 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

Here's hoping.

Not sure about the high floor for such a raw, low IQ player. Seems to have a decent ceiling, though.

Reddish is the safe or risky pick in your view?

#135 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

I think he's one of the big sleepers in the draft. I was waiting to see where he fell. He's one of those guys that you look back in a couple years and go man, how did he last that long?

He could and I would guess boston goes with him here.
@BSLRobShields

#136 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,067 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

I'd bet that he'd go above at least one of the top 5 picks in a re-draft 5 years from now. A lot of the draft guys I pay attention to had him as a top 5 prospect in this draft.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#137 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,928 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

Boston trading this pick.

Philly getting Thybulle...stud defensive player.
@BSLRobShields

#138 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

Did the Wizards make their selection or did time expire and were forced to auto select? Might have done better had they been able to auto select.....

#139 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,410 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

Not sure about the high floor for such a raw, low IQ player. Seems to have a decent ceiling, though.

Reddish is the safe or risky pick in your view?

I think, just as he is, he's a big body that will eat some minutes and have a good short offensive game, but if some coaching can teach him how to play smarter, get better positioning and up his defense a bit, it could really change his outlook. I don't think even at his WORST he'll be terrible because there are so few athletic big men in the league right now, but I think he's got some real room to improve because of the raw low IQ thing. They can teach that part at least.

I think Reddish is the riskier pick. He could end up being the 3rd best player in this draft, and I wouldn't even be surprised, but he could also end up being one of those major busts. You've just seen both sides of him, and he's real polarizing, which side shows up is going to be the big thing. I think it's all mental and how much he wants it. That's scary.

@JeremyMStrain

#140 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,865 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

Did the Wizards make their selection or did time expire and were forced to auto select? Might have done better had they been able to auto select.....

I actually liked their pick.  Hachimura needs to get a little better with the outside shot, but seems to fit the 4 spot in the new NBA>

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners