#41 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the Pelicans and AD now. He now has a great chance to win simply by staying put, but it might be difficult to mend fences.

Big for the Lakers to move up. They can obviously use that in a trade, and now their potential package for AD is a good amount better if he's still dealt. Or they can just pick someone who should help this year, but especially 2-3 years from now.

#42 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

It’s a really interesting decision for NO.

You could argue that they have 2 of the 4 best assets in this offseason....AD and this pick (KD and Kawhi being the other 2).

Do you trade AD for the best package of young players and picks you can get and put that with Zion or do you just keep AD (elite players are tough to get) and pair him with Zion.

Or, do you trade both? Do you roll the dice and load up on tons of picks and players and hope you can build with good depth and hope to hit some homers with the players you obtain?

I would bet that the Lakers can’t get AD but if they wanted to trade 2 or 3 of their young players plus the 4th pick for the #1, that may be a deal they listen to.(just to use that as an example)
@BSLRobShields

#43 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

This is all contingent on what AD wants. If he makes it clear that even after this that he wants out then you have to trade him.

I’d offer the 4 and two of Kuzma/Ball/Ingram. They prolly don’t take Ingram cause of the injury so it would be the 4/Ball/Kuzma/Zion as your extremely young core. If NOLA wont do that then oh well. That’s the best I offer.

If they do it go hard after one of Kyrie or Kawhi to add with AD and LeBron and that’s your core to go for a title.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#44 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

If AD says he wants to stay then you build around Holiday AD and Zion. Randle is prolly gone but maybe you can convince him to come back? Although that quickly becomes a crowded front court even if all three can stretch the floor.

As usual, will be a very interesting offseason.

@bopper33

#45 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:13 PM

Davis has apparently said he still wants to be dealt.

#46 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:15 PM

It’s a really interesting decision for NO.

You could argue that they have 2 of the 4 best assets in this offseason....AD and this pick (KD and Kawhi being the other 2).

Do you trade AD for the best package of young players and picks you can get and put that with Zion or do you just keep AD (elite players are tough to get) and pair him with Zion.

Or, do you trade both? Do you roll the dice and load up on tons of picks and players and hope you can build with good depth and hope to hit some homers with the players you obtain?

I would bet that the Lakers can’t get AD but if they wanted to trade 2 or 3 of their young players plus the 4th pick for the #1, that may be a deal they listen to.(just to use that as an example)

I think drafting and keeping Zion is a no brainer.

#47 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

This is all contingent on what AD wants. If he makes it clear that even after this that he wants out then you have to trade him.

I’d offer the 4 and two of Kuzma/Ball/Ingram. They prolly don’t take Ingram cause of the injury so it would be the 4/Ball/Kuzma/Zion as your extremely young core. If NOLA wont do that then oh well. That’s the best I offer.

If they do it go hard after one of Kyrie or Kawhi to add with AD and LeBron and that’s your core to go for a title.

If you are the Lakers, you offer the 4th pick and anything else they want to get AD.

The 4 and 2 of those guys doesn’t get you a seat at the table.
@BSLRobShields

#48 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

I think drafting and keeping Zion is a no brainer.

I tend to agree but I do listen and see if anyone offers you something crazy.

If AD wants out, building a team around Zion and whatever you get back, plus other future picks, is pretty strong.
@BSLRobShields

#49 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

If you are the Lakers, you offer the 4th pick and anything else they want to get AD.

The 4 and 2 of those guys doesn’t get you a seat at the table.

That could get them into the mix. Obviously it depends on what other teams are willing to offer. That being said, there's not going to be a top 2 pick on the table, which are expected to be highly coveted, and were expected to be potential trade chips, and the Celtics main asset depreciated some in value, but now with Kyrie potentially leaving, they may take themselves out anyway.

All this said, the Pelicans have been rumored to be very resistant to trading Davis to the Lakers, so this may all be moot.

#50 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

I can see the Knicks going all in and offering the 3 and whatever else and then trying to sign Durant and Kyrie.

@bopper33

#51 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:58 PM

I can see the Knicks going all in and offering the 3 and whatever else and then trying to sign Durant and Kyrie.

For sure. A reasonable argument can be made regarding the Lakers players vs. whatever else the Knicks would include, which would have to feature at least 1 of their future Mavs #1's.

#52 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

The Clippers could offer an enticing deal as well.

Some of this certainly comes down to how confident a team is that they can re-sign AD. The Lakers are apparently the only team that should have the utmost confidence in that.

#53 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

That could get them into the mix. Obviously it depends on what other teams are willing to offer. That being said, there's not going to be a top 2 pick on the table, which are expected to be highly coveted, and were expected to be potential trade chips, and the Celtics main asset depreciated some in value, but now with Kyrie potentially leaving, they may take themselves out anyway.

All this said, the Pelicans have been rumored to be very resistant to trading Davis to the Lakers, so this may all be moot.

I’m still taking Tatum over anything the Lakers are offering..and the Celtics can put future first rounders(that could be high picks) with him. Lakers can’t compete with that.
@BSLRobShields

#54 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

SAS is hearing Kyrie and KD to the Knicks is a foregone conclusion.

Them trying to add AD makes sense if that’s true.

And if you are NO and you can pair Barrett and Zion together again, that may be enticing for them.
@BSLRobShields

#55 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:13 PM

I’m still taking Tatum over anything the Lakers are offering..and the Celtics can put future first rounders(that could be high picks) with him. Lakers can’t compete with that.

All Boston has left going forward is a Memphis pick, which is top 6 protected next year, and unprotected the year after. However, this lottery hurt the value of that pick.

Tatum has lost a fair amount of value. Eye of the beholder with him, and of course the Lakers players.

You glossed over the most important thing with the Celtics, though, which is that there's a decent chance that trading for Davis won't even make sense for them.

#56 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

SAS is hearing Kyrie and KD to the Knicks is a foregone conclusion.

Them trying to add AD makes sense if that’s true.

And if you are NO and you can pair Barrett and Zion together again, that may be enticing for them.

I'd prefer better shooting from the main pieces around Zion.

#57 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

I’ll be interested to see where the Lakers go with the 4th pick if they keep it.

Garland has a huge upside but missed the season with a knee injury.

I think Hunter is the 4th best player and a guy I feel you can bank on to at least be a solid regular and has perennial AS ability.

Culver is similar to Hunter although I think his floor is lower.

There are a few wild cards in this draft..Bol Bol being one but Cam Reddish is really interesting to me.

He was so overhyped this year at Duke. But the talent is immense. His upside is huge, maybe moreso than anyone in the draft not named Zion. He’s not always in it mentally, especially when things don’t go his way and that’s my biggest issue with him but he could end up being a home run pick.
@BSLRobShields

#58 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

I'd prefer better shooting from the main pieces around Zion.

Barrett will become a good 3 point shooter but that is who you would take at 3, assuming he doesn’t go 2...in which case you happily take Morant.

Hopefully whatever else you get back can shoot.

You likely get back Knox and Trier in the deal and they both can shoot.
@BSLRobShields

#59 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:22 PM

Barrett will become a good 3 point shooter

Based on what?

#60 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,703 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

Based on what?

When he gets square, he shoots it well now.

He doesn’t turn 19 for another month.

He actually has a good shot but he’s not a guy that can shoot well off of movement, without the ball, curl type shots. He had to develop that part of his game.

He’s going to get better at that as he plays more, gets into a game that is more spread out, etc...

He will also be an explosive driver to the basket, so he will cause other guys to be better shooters.

I’m far was worried about that than I would be him just learning to make the smarter play. The extra pass, things like that. He tended to play hero ball at times this year but he also wasn’t surrounded by good shooters and I think that played a part in that. But the NBA game is much more wide open, so he won’t be bottled up as much inside as he was in college.

He needs to work on FT shooting as well...but again, he doesn’t have some weird, ugly shot. Just needs to be more of consistent.
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners