403 replies to this topic

#401 Crouseman

Crouseman

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

I have read it both ways.  I remember Dan, numerous times. late into the off season and early in ST, saying the Orioles  would sign starter (s).  How many times did Dan and Buck remind us in ST, that the roster was not finalized until OD and additions could still be made.

Brady may have been the main recruiter, of Cobb, but they were all working on things.

Let me be clear, I do not want Brady as the President, GM or playing an important role.  I think he has become public enemy #1, only because he is the only one left and the guy most fans know.  Most could not pick Brian Graham out of a police line up.

We need a President and quickly.  Unfortunately the Orioles are doing what they always do.  Taking forever to make a very important move.

Brady has become public enemy #1 because he is VP of Baseball operations and he helped preside over one of the worst teams in history.  And he is still here.  He is partly responsible for this shit storm, so yeah he is going to catch some heat.  If he has no blame in this ness, then what the hell has he been doing the last 5 years as VP of Baseball Operations?   Its one or the other.

#402 Crouseman

Crouseman

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

Only because I've done the math already...Cobb actually got more like 4/$51.5M if you consider the NPV of the deal due to the massive portion of his money that is deferred (higher percentage than Davis).

Brady got himself a bargain then.  Still, that's what the market said in 2018 This deal will be used this winter as a benchmark.  This ain't 2015 when a guy like Zimmerman gets $110mil. Or Jeff S. gets 90mil from the Giants. Those days are over for the most part.  The Darvish deal will drive prices down even more since it was such a dud.  Our friend Adam Jones will be in for a rude awakening.  I saw 2/22mil and I think that's a little high.  Someone else said 3/37.5.  That's laughable.

#403 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:20 PM

Brady has become public enemy #1 because he is VP of Baseball operations and he helped preside over one of the worst teams in history.  And he is still here.  He is partly responsible for this shit storm, so yeah he is going to catch some heat.  If he has no blame in this ness, then what the hell has he been doing the last 5 years as VP of Baseball Operations?   Its one or the other.

Once again, because you seem to have missed it, I do not want Brady playing any important role or even any role.  I really don't care what his title was.  I think the only reason Graham and Brady are here, is there is still time on their contract.

@mikeghg

#404 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,343 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

I think the only reason Graham and Brady are here, is there is still time on their contract.

No.  Brady has entrenched himself in the inner circle.

• sandiegosean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners