258 replies to this topic

#241 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:42 AM

Didn’t really run much with Lamar today.

His 22 yrd run did set up the last TD.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#242 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

I love watching a Ravens game where I'm nodding off midway through the third quarter.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#243 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,977 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

Thank God for that.

IF they're going to continue mixing in Lamar, they need to start letting him throw more.

He's a glorified RB right now and the production is decent but not worth the risk of injury IMO.

Gus Edwards actually looked like he had some pop out there. But Collins should be the work horse of the offense. He's so good. Just run it through him and he can catch the ball too.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#244 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

IF they're going to continue mixing in Lamar, they need to start letting him throw more.

He's a glorified RB right now and the production is decent but not worth the risk of injury IMO.

Gus Edwards actually looked like he had some pop out there. But Collins should be the work horse of the offense. He's so good. Just run it through him and he can catch the ball too.

I did think Edwards looked pretty good on a couple of runs but like you said, I'd rather see Collins given a solid 20+ carries and let him wear down the defense.  He can break tackles.  What I think he needs to adjust on however, is to run more north to south instead of trying to go outside and fight for yards that aren't there.  He doesn't have that kind of break away speed to get outside before the pursuit gets there.  Take advantage of his physicality and pound him between the tackles.  It won't work every time but eventually, he'll break through for a few 10+ gains.  If anything, he can keep moving the chains. 

#245 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,685 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

His 22 yrd run did set up the last TD.

Right but that was it.

There wasn't a bunch of wasted plays with him where you are trying to force things.

They gave the carries to the actual RBs.  

@BSLRobShields

#246 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,977 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

I liked what I saw from Edwards.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#247 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,146 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Just my thoughts.

I liked the way Edwards did not hesitate.  He took the hand off and hit the holes.  I think Collins hesitates at times and misses some chances.  Progress was made yesterday, but we still need more from the running game.  I am fine with running 25 times, and throwing 40, because that is the game today, but I would like to get that average to 4 yards per pop.  If that happens this offense is going to be tough to stop.

I was actually happy to see Rickard inactive, and not anything against Rickard.  I want to see Maxx at FB.  He is a bruising blocker, and has good hands.  He can even carry a time or two a game on quick hitters from the FB role.   if they need him to.

Joe--- again a good game in sloppy conditions.  Joe is playing well this year...and if that continues, we are going to win double digit games.  Lamar had a nice play yesterday, but I don't want him making throws.Joe should be making.  I also liked the way he stood up for Crabtree all week and then backed it up by feeding him.    The back shoulder throw in the end zone was real nice.

Snead and Crabtree---good games.  Crab really needed it.  Snead is a real weapon against zones and on third down.

The defense----it does not get much better than that.  Marcus M is probably one sore QB this morning.  

The defensive backs blanketed the receivers and wink turn loose the dogs.  What an ass kicking.

I was listening to one of the recap shows and the announcer when talking about KC, mentioned that the Chiefs are a very dangerous team, with their high powered offense, which is true.  He then said their defense is not good, but no one in the NFL plays defense any more.  Not true.....I can think of one team that clearly does.

I said it last week when everyone had the sky falling.  The Ravens are a good football team.  Maybe heading to real good.

@mikeghg

#248 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

Just my thoughts.

I liked the way Edwards did not hesitate.  He took the hand off and hit the holes.  I think Collins hesitates at times and misses some chances.  Progress was made yesterday, but we still need more from the running game.  I am fine with running 25 times, and throwing 40, because that is the game today, but I would like to get that average to 4 yards per pop.  If that happens this offense is going to be tough to stop.

I was actually happy to see Rickard inactive, and not anything against Rickard.  I want to see Maxx at FB.  He is a bruising blocker, and has good hands.  He can even carry a time or two a game on quick hitters from the FB role.   if they need him to.

Joe--- again a good game in sloppy conditions.  Joe is playing well this year...and if that continues, we are going to win double digit games.  Lamar had a nice play yesterday, but I don't want him making throws.Joe should be making.  I also liked the way he stood up for Crabtree all week and then backed it up by feeding him.    The back shoulder throw in the end zone was real nice.

Snead and Crabtree---good games.  Crab really needed it.  Snead is a real weapon against zones and on third down.

The defense----it does not get much better than that.  Marcus M is probably one sore QB this morning.  

The defensive backs blanketed the receivers and wink turn loose the dogs.  What an ass kicking.

I was listening to one of the recap shows and the announcer when talking about KC, mentioned that the Chiefs are a very dangerous team, with their high powered offense, which is true.  He then said their defense is not good, but no one in the NFL plays defense any more.  Not true.....I can think of one team that clearly does.

I said it last week when everyone had the sky falling.  The Ravens are a good football team.  Maybe heading to real good.

Good summary, Mike.  And I agree about Collins.  He should just hit the hole, north to south, and break some tackles.  Sometimes he gets too cute for his own good.  He wastes precious time trying to find daylight and your OL is only going to be able to hold their blocks for so long.  

#249 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,146 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:34 PM

Good summary, Mike.  And I agree about Collins.  He should just hit the hole, north to south, and break some tackles.  Sometimes he gets too cute for his own good.  He wastes precious time trying to find daylight and your OL is only going to be able to hold their blocks for so long.  

His first TD yesterday was his best run of the year.  He was quick into the hole, shook off a tackle and raced into the end zone.

@mikeghg

#250 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,818 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

So much less to talk about after a dominating performance like that...

"We were really good at this"

"Yeah!  We were really good at that.  We were also really good at this other thing!"

"Yes, good point.  We were really good at that other thing."

<Silence>

#251 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

What nobody is gonna talk about how the D made fun of Antonio Brown's "watch me, watch me" commercial after the 5th sack?  That was fucking EPIC!

#252 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

What is the reason, when Jackson takes the snap, that Flacco is kept on the field, split wide, just standing there? Nobody is going to believe they're going to pass it to him, and he's certainly not going to throw a block. It just feels like we're playing a man short there, even though Lamar is such a wild card. Why not sit Flacco and maybe have another tight end or someone useful for the play?

#253 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

What nobody is gonna talk about how the D made fun of Antonio Brown's "watch me, watch me" commercial after the 5th sack?  That was fucking EPIC!

That's a pretty famous dance. I don't think they were specifically making fun of AB. My son, who barely watches football, called it out immediately.

...I think we're talking about the same dance.

#254 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,685 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

What is the reason, when Jackson takes the snap, that Flacco is kept on the field, split wide, just standing there? Nobody is going to believe they're going to pass it to him, and he's certainly not going to throw a block. It just feels like we're playing a man short there, even though Lamar is such a wild card. Why not sit Flacco and maybe have another tight end or someone useful for the play?

I agree...Would like to know this answer.  Is it specifically to appease Joe that he is still on the field?  I would guess he would prefer to be off the field than standing there.

@BSLRobShields

#255 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:30 PM

Right but that was it.

There wasn't a bunch of wasted plays with him where you are trying to force things.

They gave the carries to the actual RBs.  

I believe it was his only play. They knew he was running and he still got 22 yrds.

#256 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Random takeaway:

Is anybody kinda impressed that none of those 11 sacks got RTP called on them?

#257 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,685 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

Random takeaway:

Is anybody kinda impressed that none of those 11 sacks got RTP called on them?

I mentioned that earlier. The answer is yes and that shows that they are doing a good job coaching them up on this.

I’m not sure they have a RTp on them this year and if they do, I don’t think it’s more than 1.
  • The Epic and Mike B like this
@BSLRobShields

#258 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

I mentioned that earlier. The answer is yes and that shows that they are doing a good job coaching them up on this.

I’m not sure they have a RTp on them this year and if they do, I don’t think it’s more than 1.

Might have missed that. My bad.

#259 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,146 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

There was one sack last week, maybe Willie Henry's where he angled his body to clearly not land on MM.

They are definitely teaching the right way.

I think Judon (who else) got one on a questionable call, I think against Cincy,

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners