#21 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,264 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

You guys need to let it go. No one really thought AJ was a bad guy or that he should shut up and play. Its not black and white. Dont take it to the extremes

I'm just taking the remarks pretty much at face value.

#22 Ravens2006

Ravens2006
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

He's 23, almost 24, why wait any longer? That's about the age any legitimate prospect should be getting started at the major league level, if not already playing a lot. Too many Orioles "prospects" it seems we still wind up talking about them hopefully becoming everyday players one day, while they're already 25, 26, 27 years old and in AA or AAA. That doesn't bode well to me most of the time...

#23 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,811 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

Cedric the Entertainer

#24 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,759 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:08 PM

He looks like he is 12 years old

@BSLRobShields

#25 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

You guys need to let it go. No one really thought AJ was a bad guy or that he should shut up and play. Its not black and white. Dont take it to the extremes

Quoted for truth.
@BSLMikeRandall

#26 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,264 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

Quoted for truth.

Alternative facts

#27 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

5-8, 175....  basically the same size as Al Bumbry.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. If only he would be as good. Met Bumbry in the 90's. That is one great american. 

#28 Moose Milligan

Moose Milligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

I think he makes that catch in left center tonight if Mancini didn't get in the way.

#29 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

I think he makes that catch in left center tonight if Mancini didn't get in the way.

Yeah, probably. I think he was a little worried about the wall too. In any event nothing I saw tonight concerned me about his defense.  

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,296 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:30 PM

I thought the same thing.....I do think he was worried about the wall...that is park recognition and that will come.  The other factor is I do not think Mancini expected him to be there and I think Mancini may not have realized the glove is on Mullins right hand.  It matters about a step in him pulling up.

@mikeghg

#31 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

We need every game of the rest of the season to determine if he'll be our opening day starter for the pivotal 2019 season!

This is my larger point in many of the other discussions.

This just isn't true.

It really doesn't matter how he does.  I get why people think it does, but you are going to make an internal assessment based on whether you think he's your guy or not and whatever he does this year is largely meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, there's certainly going to be a public perception that has to be accounted for in any direction but that public perception should be largely meaningless in the decision making.

You have to make decisions about who you are going to give opportunity. 

You aren't going to complete any type of "now I know" evaluation in 5 weeks or 5 months or 2 years.

#32 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,264 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

This just isn't true.

It really doesn't matter how he does.  I get why people think it does, but you are going to make an internal assessment based on whether you think he's your guy or not and whatever he does this year is largely meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, there's certainly going to be a public perception that has to be accounted for in any direction but that public perception should be largely meaningless in the decision making.

You aren't going to complete any type of "now I know" evaluation in 5 weeks or 5 months or 2 years.

Hopefully you realize I was being sarcastic. 

#33 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

Hopefully you realize I was being sarcastic. 

Sorry, I didn't.  There's a lot of people that believe exactly what you typed.

#34 bmore_ken

bmore_ken
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

This just isn't true.

I'll bet you're a blast at parties  :mrgreen: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners