#281 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,759 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

Elliott with an arm injury. Hope it’s not too bad. Like his upside.
@BSLRobShields

#282 cprenegade

cprenegade
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

Jackson is bad. Just bad. He cant even read the option handoff correctly. Let alone read a secondary and deliever an accurate pass

He really is.  He looks like the one of the most unpolished 1st round QBs out of college I've seen.  Not surprising though, I didn't think his college game was going to translate all that well in the NFL.  It's surprising how many balls get batted down on him at the line of scrimmage.  The only real plays he makes are with his legs.  Against NFL defensive starters those plays will be harder to come by.  That stuff is exciting to watch, it just doesn't win championships in the NFL.  He needs a lot of work to become an NFL QB that can win games using his arm instead of his legs.  That is the challenge for the Ravens coaching staff this year.   

#283 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

Hes also showing why he needs snaps this year. You have to have packages and plays to use his athleticism. Unless Flacco and the offense is just killing it. Then I could understand removing the packages with him involved. I dont think any of us expect the offense to be that fined tune though

#284 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:59 PM

Jackson is bad. Just bad. He cant even read the option handoff correctly. Let alone read a secondary and deliever an accurate pass

A little early on that trigger pull tonight. He made some good reads, put the ball on the money on two crossers and had a few really good runs.

Dont know why I'm even responding. We could have Aaron Rodgers tossing dimes and you'd complain because they weren't all perfect spirals.

#285 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,811 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:17 AM

Jackson’s stats look great. Didn’t see any of the game though.

#286 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:23 AM

Jackson’s stats look great. Didn’t see any of the game though.

He actually looked good last night. When he ran he actually looked like the fastest man on the field. And he made a perfect throw on the run going to his left to White for a big gain. His TD pass was a gimme on broken coverage. But overall he actually looked comfortable last night.

#287 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

I wish they weren't trying to decide on RGIII. I think hes taking reps from Jackson that he needs. I'm hoping Jackson sees at least a half next week. Those live reps are invaluable.

#288 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,759 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:39 PM

That should wrap it up for Perriman. That was absolutely terrible.
@BSLRobShields

#289 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,811 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:08 PM

That should wrap it up for Perriman. That was absolutely terrible.

Another dropterception?

#290 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,759 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

Another dropterception?

It was a long past by Lamar. It was almost intercepted (guy dropped it).

It was thrown to Perriman and he made an extremely poor effort trying to break it up...and really, he could have caught it himself.

Just a horrible effort.
@BSLRobShields

#291 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

It was a long past by Lamar. It was almost intercepted (guy dropped it).

It was thrown to Perriman and he made an extremely poor effort trying to break it up...and really, he could have caught it himself.

Just a horrible effort.

For a guy on the bubble hes playing with no passion. Piss poor effort on that pass. Then didnt even try to run the guy down (dude, you have low 4.3 speed. We know you can at least run him down.) Then made piss poor blocking attempts on the Andrews catch that could have sprung him for a TD.

#292 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:44 PM

Preseason champs!!!!!! Crazy how many we've won in a row preseason

#293 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:59 PM

Dammit. I have to catch up on the DVR, and it taped the stupid Redskins version of the broadcast. At least Kenny Albert is easy to listen to.

@BSLMikeRandall

#294 cprenegade

cprenegade
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:24 AM

Preseason champs!!!!!! Crazy how many we've won in a row preseason

Ravens always seem to do well in the preseason.  Undefeated last year also.  Wins and losses mean nothing.  A few years back Detroit went 4-0 in the preseason and 0-16 in the regular season.  Before that the Colts were 0-4 in preseason and something like 15-1 in the regular season.  

#295 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:40 AM

Undefeated the last 3 preseasons. 13-0. Also went undefeated in the '14 preseason. They were 1-3 in '15. So 18-3 the last 5 years in preseason.

#296 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,811 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Undefeated the last 3 preseasons. 13-0. Also went undefeated in the '14 preseason. They were 1-3 in '15. So 18-3 the last 5 years in preseason.

And it totally translated to the regular season. :)

#297 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

If this preseason is any indication, Kenny Young, Tim Williams and mini-Zues should be big contributors this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners