15 replies to this topic

#1 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

Does the UFC need Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, or GSP for a mega event? This card makes the argument against that.

http://baltimorespor...fc-226-preview/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#2 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

Of course Holloway/Ortega is postponed...

Holloway with concussion-like symptoms.
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#3 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,122 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Of course Holloway/Ortega is postponed...

Holloway with concussion-like symptoms.

Ugh
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,327 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

CBS Sports: UFC 226 predictions -- Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier odds, expert picks, fight card
https://www.cbssport...cks-fight-card/

#5 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

Last minute audio version of my predictions can be found here: https://anchor.fm/phelantocommunicate
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@PhelanToTweet

#6 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,122 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

Love Daniel. Also like Stipe a lot. Its hard to see the path for the smaller(in height and reach)Cormier but hes a fierce competitor. Never count him out.

Stipe TKO round 2

#7 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

Really like them both but Stipe has never fought a legit wrestler in his career, which is kind of crazy. Not that that means he’ll definitely lose but this will be a true test. I think Stipe can win but I think with DC’s legendary toughness we’ll see a more drawn out version of DC/Rumble or DC/Volkan that ends in a decision or late stoppage for Cormier.
  • bnickle likes this
@PhelanToTweet

#8 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,122 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Really like them both but Stipe has never fought a legit wrestler in his career, which is kind of crazy. Not that that means he’ll definitely lose but this will be a true test. I think Stipe can win but I think with DC’s legendary toughness we’ll see a more drawn out version of DC/Rumble or DC/Volkan that ends in a decision or late stoppage for Cormier.

Part of me hopes youre right. He deserves all good things to happen to him. My gut just tells me Stipe is going to make him look like the 39 yr old that he is.

Expect Francis hype train to get rolling again with a big KO of Lewis.

#9 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:35 PM

Expect Francis hype train to get rolling again with a big KO of Lewis.

I love and am rooting for Lewis but I think you’re right. And I think Ngannou can beat Stipe if he stays within himself. He fought very uncharacteristically at UFC 220.
@PhelanToTweet

#10 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:51 PM

Well that was a ton of fun! Great night of fights (other than the dreadful co-main, wtf was that...), incredible main event, and a ridiculous but awesome post fight.
@PhelanToTweet

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74,704 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

Well that was a ton of fun! Great night of fights (other than the dreadful co-main, wtf was that...), incredible main event, and a ridiculous but awesome post fight.

That looked staged. Almost makes you wonder if Cormier winning was a “planned decision”.
@BSLRobShields

#12 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,122 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Props to DC. So well deserved. Arguably has never lost and is the GOAT. Just dont lose to Lesnar. Im so over that clown

#13 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

That Ngannou (sp?) and Lewis fight was the pits.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#14 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

That looked staged. Almost makes you wonder if Cormier winning was a “planned decision”.

The Lesnar confrontation I’m sure was planned for whoever won, they’re just lucky it DC. Stipe wouldn’t have played it up nearly as much if at all.

No way Stipe getting knocked out was planned. The corner camera caught him telling his corner “why’d they stop it if he didn’t land a punch” or something along those lines. Then he caught a jet to go be with his wife who was about to give birth.
@PhelanToTweet

#15 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

That Ngannou (sp?) and Lewis fight was the pits.

One of the worst (non) fights in Heavyweight history for sure.
@PhelanToTweet

#16 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

Props to DC. So well deserved. Arguably has never lost and is the GOAT. Just dont lose to Lesnar. Im so over that clown

I would bet my mortgage on DC walking through Brock. Sets up his retirement fight against a returning Jones at heavyweight.
@PhelanToTweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners