1010 replies to this topic

#1001 Crouseman

Crouseman

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

Are you going to stand next to him with your finger an inch from his ear and go, "I'mnottouchingyou! I'mnottouchingyou!"?

I mean, you specifically said that your goal is to shame him into retirement. That should never be the goal.

Its on Davis if he feels like that if he plays everyday. 

Yeah if I said that or it came across that way, that was wrong on my part.  After reading your post and Mack's ,  I get it.  My bad.  No one should be intentionally shamed into quitting.

• Mackus and DJ MC like this

#1002 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

Best case scenario...he hits about .200 with 20-25 homeruns and drives in about 80 in 2019.  Certainly an improvement over the abyss he was spiraling through the past season.  Worst case scenario....he's hitting about .160 again at the All-Star break with 5 or 6 homeruns.  I know it's a lot of money to walk away from but if that's how it plays out, Davis would do himself a huge favor emotionally to just retire.  Not to mention it would be what's best for the team.  

#1003 FFH

FFH

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:15 PM

I think people should be done worrying about Davis.  He's not the focal point bringing this team down - there are other issues at work.  

The O's should hope for him to come back to decent form, at least to his capability, and if not they should release him.  Wins bring in money, not holding holding on to old things like a hoarder. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1004 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:09 PM

I still question his mental state of mind after that SI piece. He's going to be a major challenge for the new management team unless the Bros decide to cut bait now and reset for a clean rebuild.

#1005 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

I know it's a lot of money to walk away from but if that's how it plays out, Davis would do himself a huge favor emotionally to just retire.  Not to mention it would be what's best for the team.  

Davis would be the dumbest SOB on the planet to walk away from that much money.

#1006 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:58 AM

Davis would be the dumbest SOB on the planet to walk away from that much money.

He's already set for life.  If you're miserable and can't even enjoy your life, money isn't everything. 

#1007 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 113,513 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

Every time this thread is bumped I cringe.

Is there really anything else to say? It has been beaten to death.
  • Dr. FLK likes this

#1008 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

Every time this thread is bumped I cringe.

Is there really anything else to say? It has been beaten to death.

Apparently, there's still some things to say. (LOL)  I'm still amazed with the record he accomplished.  

#1009 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,583 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:41 AM

He's already set for life.  If you're miserable and can't even enjoy your life, money isn't everything. 

I imagine he'll get numb to the struggles long before he decides to walk away from the remaining money.  Him retiring while owed that much money would probably be the most remarkable thing in the history of professional sports.  It'd be like a third baseman forced into making an emergency start and throwing a perfect game with his left foot.

#1010 jamesdean

jamesdean

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

I imagine he'll get numb to the struggles long before he decides to walk away from the remaining money.  Him retiring while owed that much money would probably be the most remarkable thing in the history of professional sports.  It'd be like a third baseman forced into making an emergency start and throwing a perfect game with his left foot.

Good analogy.(LOL)  Seriously though, I'm sure a lot will depend on what his wife says or his family.  It's easy for us to view the situation from afar but he's the one living it and how the dynamics of his frustration and depression are affecting his home life.  

#1011 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

I have enough money said no insanely rich person, EVA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners