#2 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

I'll make a similar comment in the Draft thread with the 2080 guy, but this article is one of my concerns.

The Orioles had a lot of organization prospect helium last year and had maybe the best overall minor league improvement of any team in baseball.

While several have claimed some level of victory on that, the risk is that a lesser overall year really has a tendency to hurt just as much.  When you ride helium, there's a fall if the balloon bursts.

With several prospect promotions, a less projectable draft and poorer performances by your top 3 prospects I think it's more likely  the Orioles are in the bottom 10 than the top 10. 

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,400 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

I'd say they are overreacting to a bad half season from Austin Hays.  He should definitely drop significantly, but to go from top-30 on some lists to outside the top-130 on this list seems like too much.

Beyond that, totally agree.  Sisco has graduated.  Nobody else is in the system is a good, upper-level prospect.  Maybe some upper level fringe guys like Stewart, Mullins, Harvey, and others can confound their rankings and make an impact, like Mancini did.  Or some lower level good guys like Hall can make big strides and meet their potential at higher levels.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners