15 replies to this topic

#1 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Fourth time is apparently not the charm for Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov... Ferguson is out with a knee injury. 145 champ Max Holloway steps in out of nowhere for a chance to win a second belt.

5 days notice, coming off a bad ankle injury, moving up in weight against one of the best wrestlers in the Sports history. Odds are stacked against him but that McGregor rematch is one punch away.

I’d rather have finally seen that long awaited fight but this certainly adds an interesting element to an event I was already eagerly anticipating.
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#2 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Fourth time is apparently not the charm for Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov... Ferguson is out with a knee injury. 145 champ Max Holloway steps in out of nowhere for a chance to win a second belt.

5 days notice, coming off a bad ankle injury, moving up in weight against one of the best wrestlers in the Sports history. Odds are stacked against him but that McGregor rematch is one punch away.

I’d rather have finally seen that long awaited fight but this certainly adds an interesting element to an event I was already eagerly anticipating.

Jeez. Pulling out of fights late and fighters refusing fights is killing this sport right now. Why would you ever buy a ticket or order the PPV in advance to one of these events.

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Jeez. Pulling out of fights late and fighters refusing fights is killing this sport right now. Why would you ever buy a ticket or order the PPV in advance to one of these events.

Yeah, the Cowboy Cerrone's of the MMA world are becoming fewer and fewer. People want to go into fights at 100% in today's UFC. They'd rather pull out than potentially lose.

#4 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

Which makes perfect sense. Why ruin your chance at long term success? At least until they get paid more along the lines of other sports.

But Holloway is proving to be a Cerrone type guy in this instance right here. The guy just pulled out of a title defense with a bad ankle injury two months ago and was aiming at a July/August return. Theres no way hes even close to 100%. I saw today that Brian Ortega was going to take the fight if Holloway didn't. I think I like his chances against Khabib more especially with the injury concern.

@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

Love Max but hes just too small for Khabib. I know he says hes a lightweight but Khabib is a dude no welterweight want to mess with. I think its a 5 rounder but a dominant win.

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Love Max but hes just too small for Khabib. I know he says hes a lightweight but Khabib is a dude no welterweight want to mess with. I think its a 5 rounder but a dominant win.

Sounds like a Khabib fight.

#7 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Fuck Conor McGregor. I know I've defended him in the past but ever since he got paid for that Mayweather fight my opinion of him has nosedived. Hes become the character that used to disappear once promotion ended.

Today he bombarded media day, confronted Khabib on the fighter bus and threw something through the bus window causing a few fighters to go to the hospital and now three fights have been cancelled thanks to his actions. He may end up getting arrested. 

@PhelanToTweet

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

He's a nutcase. A thug. Paid fucking millions. Just had a fucking kid and has to run around acting like a fool. I hope the NYPD locks his ass up. Cant keep letting this guy run around doing this shit without consequences
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#9 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

And I dont want to hear any of the bullshit Dana will spew about it. He'll be back kissig his ass and giving him whatever he wants within 6 months.

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

And the thing is he wants absolutely no part of Khabib in the octagon. Hes been ducking him and I guaruntee you the plan was to duck him some more if he wins tomorrow.

#11 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

And I dont want to hear any of the bullshit Dana will spew about it. He'll be back kissig his ass and giving him whatever he wants within 6 months.

Dana said today "Conor is done" "I don't want to do business with him anymore" yada yada yada. You're completely right though, in 2-3 months he'll be saying hes talked with Conor and hes changed. Then they'll use the footage from today to help promote a GSP fight or a third Diaz match.

No way he fights Khabib or even Holloway for that matter if he wins on Saturday.

@PhelanToTweet

#12 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

I see Borg is off the card to due to this. I hope Borg, Cheisa and many others caught up in this do in fact sue the fuck out of everyone responsible for this.

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Holloway out now. What an absolute clusterfuck this is for the UFC.

#14 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:58 AM

Still a great night
@PhelanToTweet

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Dana said today "Conor is done" "I don't want to do business with him anymore" yada yada yada. You're completely right though, in 2-3 months he'll be saying hes talked with Conor and hes changed. Then they'll use the footage from today to help promote a GSP fight or a third Diaz match.

No way he fights Khabib or even Holloway for that matter if he wins on Saturday.

It took Dana 2 days to change his mind. Said last night him and Connor are "good". Lol. And hes got the nerve to call out another combat sport promoter a slimeball.

#16 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

It took Dana 2 days to change his mind. Said last night him and Connor are "good". Lol. And hes got the nerve to call out another combat sport promoter a slimeball.

So predictable lol
@PhelanToTweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners