#61 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:06 PM

If true, everyone must go.  Key word IF.

@mikeghg

#62 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,028 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:47 PM

If true, everyone must go. Key word IF.

Right.

This was the first day of the first trial. Maybe this ends up being one incidental mention through the process. Maybe we'll find out UA's financial issues came from overpaying for a program's worth of high-school talent. We won't know for a while yet.

Just not a good place to get a mention. Especially for this athletic department at this time.
  • Mike B likes this
@DJ_McCann

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,685 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:34 AM

I don't think much if anything will come out during this trial about Oregon, Maryland, or Arizona.  Sounds like something that the defense attorney threw out there during the open (and likely will again during the close) but isn't going to be able, or even try, to substantiate with witnesses and testimony.  The prosecution obviously isn't going to dive into that because it wouldn't help their case and the defense likely has no recourse to get any info corroborating the claims that these other schools were offering money to a player so her client was compelled to offer more and get them where he wanted them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that some shady stuff is going on, but I don't think we'll get anything confirming it that would lead to sanctions as a result of this particular story.

#64 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

Anything new with this case? Seems like a big cloud hangs over Turgeon and his program.

#65 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,028 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

http://www.baltimore...1011-story.html

I'll bet this was the same loser who got himself kicked off the football trip.

Wanted his damn money back. I don't think he understands how under-the-table payment works.
@DJ_McCann

#66 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

Sorry but I smell probation. Maryland is trying to distance itself obviously but let's see what the NCAA and the FBI conclude. I find it hard to believe that Turgeon didn't know this stuff was going on. Don't buy it.

#67 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,685 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

If they schedule another secret practice we will just be begging for the death penalty.
  • BSLBobPhelan and BSLZackKiesel like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners