Photo

BSL: The Ravens lack identity and direction, and it could force sweeping changes

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

I mean Jefferson was an UDFA who played with some other talented players in the Ari secondary. That signing is starting to remind me of the signings of ex Ravens who looked good playing next to Ray, Suggs, Ed, Ngata but were exposed with their new team

#62 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

I mean Jefferson was an UDFA who played with some other talented players in the Ari secondary. That signing is starting to remind me of the signings of ex Ravens who looked good playing next to Ray, Suggs, Ed, Ngata but were exposed with their new team

That's true, and it could also be scheme related, but he frankly has looked lost both in coverage assignments and has been caught flat footed in run D. 

Maybe he just isn't a quick learner. He really only had 1 great (final) season in Arizona. Could be a guy that gets better as the season progresses and next season as well.

@gabefergy

#63 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,933 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

He's also in a new scheme and playing next to a guy that doesn't compliment him well.

#64 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

He's also in a new scheme and playing next to a guy that doesn't compliment him well.

Yeah that was a concern when he was signed, but you wouldn't think they would both suck in run defense because that is where they should both do well. I was worried the back-end could have some issues, but that really has not been the case.

@gabefergy

#65 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Well I think its clear Jefferson and Weddle aren't good compliments of each other and that he'll be here longer than Weddle. He'll get at least 1 more year to prove he's not a bust

#66 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,214 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Well I think its clear Jefferson and Weddle aren't good compliments of each other and that he'll be here longer than Weddle. He'll get at least 1 more year to prove he's not a bust

All of Jefferson's 2018 salary is guaranteed.  He and Brandon Williams are the two least likely guys on the team to be cut.  He's definitely getting next year (not to mention the rest of this season) to try and perform better.

#67 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

I think there is a real chance the Ravens dominate the Dolphins this week as well. Miami has a terrible OL and that gives the Ravens a big advantage up front combined with Thursday night at home.

@gabefergy

#68 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,933 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

I think there is a real chance the Ravens dominate the Dolphins this week as well. Miami has a terrible OL and that gives the Ravens a big advantage up front combined with Thursday night at home.

Hard to imagine this Ravens team dominating anyone.

#69 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Hard to imagine this Ravens team dominating anyone.

Maybe not on the scoreboard, but it's a good match-up for the defense. 

@gabefergy

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,214 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

I could see the defense shutting down the Dolphins offense.  I still think our defense can play better than it has recently and the Dolphins offense is atrocious.

I've got a real hard time envisioning our offense doing anything more than not sucking, and even that would be surprising to me.  This past weekend against the Jets was the first game the Dolphins allowed more than 20 points, and one of their touchdowns was on a 3-yard drive following a turnover.

#71 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

I could see the defense shutting down the Dolphins offense. 

I've got a real hard time envisioning our offense doing anything more than not sucking, and even that would be surprising to me.  This past weekend against the Jets was the first game the Dolphins allowed more than 20 points, and one of their touchdowns was on a 3-yard drive following a turnover.

Heading into last week, their defense was ranked 20th by DVOA. Maybe not the greatest measure, but I don't put them in the same  caliber as Minnesota/Pitt/Jax or even the Bears for that matter.

@gabefergy

#72 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,214 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Heading into last week, their defense was ranked 20th by DVOA. Maybe not the greatest measure, but I don't put them in the same  caliber as Minnesota/Pitt/Jax or even the Bears for that matter.

I don't think it takes a top-level defense to hold our offense to low double digits.

#73 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

I don't think it takes a top-level defense to hold our offense to low double digits.

Probably true, but I still think they can put 20 up especially if the Defense shuts down the Dolphins.

@gabefergy

#74 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

Ravens have 10 offensive TDs this year. 2 of them came in complete garbage time against Jacksonville and Minnesota.

I'd be curious to know how many offensive TDs the 2000 Ravens scored. And the '04 and '05 teams as well. We could set a new low this year

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 121,777 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Dolphins better off with Moore.

#76 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,688 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Ravens have 10 offensive TDs this year. 2 of them came in complete garbage time against Jacksonville and Jacksonville

And Minnesota?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,214 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Ravens have 10 offensive TDs this year. 2 of them came in complete garbage time against Jacksonville and Minnesota.

I'd be curious to know how many offensive TDs the 2000 Ravens scored. And the '04 and '05 teams as well. We could set a new low this year

https://www.pro-foot...ms/rav/2000.htm

29 TDs.  20 passing, 9 rushing.

#78 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

https://www.pro-foot...ms/rav/2000.htm

29 TDs. 20 passing, 9 rushing.

Again good find. That 2000 Ravens offense wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. 16th overall. Over 5000 total yards. The 4 games in a row without a TD really gave them a bad rap.

#79 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Dolphins better off with Moore.

This is probably true, but he's not very good either. Pressure him and he folds.

@gabefergy

#80 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,933 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

Wonder if the Ravens see the same thing in the Miami defense they saw last year? They torched them last year.
  • Mackus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users