#321 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:29 AM

I posted something longer, but screw it, I guess congrats to you on potentially not buying the reports on Foles' market! Victory lap for Rob!

#322 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

What was I wrong about? I always felt there were only a few teams going after these guys.

I just find it funny that Foles, who is so much better than Joe, wasn’t a sought after trade candidate but Joe had one and reportedly 2 teams that wanted him. Crazy talk!

Trading teams didn't want that $25 mil starting point. In the end Foles may only get a one yr prove it deal for $20.

#323 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,661 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

Trading teams didn't want that $25 mil starting point. In the end Foles may only get a one yr prove it deal for $20.

I agree.

Which was always kind of my point.

I said that I never thought the difference in what it was going to take to trade for him plus his bigger contract was worth it over Joe. Even if you believe he is a better QB than Joe (which I don’t), the differences in trade and contract value didn’t justify whatever difference may exist.
@BSLRobShields

#324 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

There was a fair amount of talk on here about how several teams would be looking to upgrade at QB, and that the draft was weak at the position, so therefore guys like Foles and Flacco would be in demand.

So if what seems to be happening is actually the case, I gotta give teams credit for showing restraint and being smart.

Yeah, noted astute QB evaluator John Elway spent a whole 4th round pick to get Flacco, but the other teams are going a different route. JAX will probably get Foles, while other teams will stick with their incumbent QB's, and/or wait for one of the several available QB's to come at a good cost, and/or draft someone.

That's a much better approach imo than aggressively going after a QB that is somewhere between a borderline starter and a little above average.

#325 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,780 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

I'm surprised they couldn't find a team that wanted to give up a 4th or more for Foles on the franchise tag.

#326 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,661 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

I'm surprised they couldn't find a team that wanted to give up a 4th or more for Foles on the franchise tag.

I am too but only based off of the reports..not based off of talent/performance.
@BSLRobShields

#327 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

It's definitely surprisingly based on what had been reported.

That said, it seems like teams are playing it smart IMO like I was just talking about so the market that many expected to develop has not.

#328 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

4 years for 88 million with 50 million guaranteed by JAX. 

So Foles didn't have to settle for a prove it deal and this is pretty strong considering the limited amount of teams in the market to spend for a QB.

#329 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,661 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:23 PM

Moronic contract to give to someone who had no other teams likely bidding for him....and he's not very good.

But good for him.  

Between his deal this year and the money they owe Bortles, the Jags are paying a shit ton of money for the QB position in 2019.

@BSLRobShields

#330 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:28 PM

He has been really good at times, actually for most of his Philly time, but the recent sample size is obviously not large since he was mostly sitting behind Wentz. 

The question is can JAX cater their offense to his strengths like Philly did? If they do, this will probably work out just fine, if not, then it may be moronic as you mention. 

#331 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,733 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

Meanwhile, the Eagles and Desean Jackson are apparently reuniting. 

#332 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,661 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:40 PM

Meanwhile, the Eagles and Desean Jackson are apparently reuniting. 

Which I don't get either.  He is owed a lot of money this year and isn't worth it.

Maybe they are getting him to lower his number or something?

@BSLRobShields

#333 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:53 PM

Wow

District Attorney of Harris
County, Texas announced it has indicted Eagles’ DE Michael Bennett for felony charge for injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic working at NRG Stadium to control access to field at SuperBowl LI. A warrant has been issued for Bennett’s arrest.

Just as a follow-up to this, the charges were just dropped today. 

https://profootballt...ichael-bennett/

#334 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,647 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:30 PM

CBS Sports: NFL 2019: Why DeSean Jackson could be Eagles' biggest X-factor in his Philadelphia homecoming
https://www.cbssport...hia-homecoming/

#335 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,647 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

CBS Sports: 2019 NFL Training Camp battles: How will the Eagles' crowded RB situation play out?
https://www.cbssport...ation-play-out/

#336 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,647 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

ESPN: Carson Wentz was burdened and in pain. Here's how he left that behind
https://www.espn.com...how-left-behind

#337 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,647 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

ESPN: 

It took a while, but the Eagles offense showed just how explosive it can be now that DeSean Jackson is back in the fold. The 32-year-old Jackson brought the fireworks in his first game back in an Eagles uniform, scoring touchdowns of 53 and 51 yards and finishing with eight catches at 154 yards, as the Eagles overcame a 17-0 deficit to topple the Washington Redskins, 32-27. Carson Wentz and Jackson spent the summer building their rapport, and it showed. It might not look like this every game, but with an array of weapons at his disposal, including Zach Ertz, Miles Sanders and Alshon Jeffery, who had two TDs of his own Sunday, Wentz should be able to lead this offense right to the top of the league.

#338 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,647 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:25 PM

CBS Sports: Eagles ink Lane Johnson to four-year extension reportedly worth $72 million with nearly $55 million guaranteed
https://www.cbssport...ion-guaranteed/

#339 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,647 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

The Ringer: The Eagles Overcame Every Obstacle to Win the NFC East

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners