• Please log in to reply
5785 replies to this topic

#5701 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:58 PM

They'll get the name they want. I don't understand why even Washington fans don't like seeing Danny boy suffer a little bit.

Oh, we hate Snyder and love to see him squirm, but have even less respect for some bottom feeding douche who trademarks like 20 different possibilities just to try to ransom it off. There's ZERO other reason for it, he's just an ass.

Also not particularly happy that Snyder is pushing for Warriors hard when like 60% of the fan base has been for Red Wolves *post survey and petition, so not exactly scientific, but still telling.

@JeremyMStrain

#5702 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,223 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

Anything bad that happens to Snyder is a win for the rest of humanity. Him being too stubborn and too stupid to foresee needing to change the name and securing the rights to those names serves him well. It's the exact type of loophole he's used throughout his life to nefariously impose his morally bankrupt will upon others.

Yeah it'd be better if this was a bunch of kids on reddit copyrighting the name options just to piss him off, but it doesn't reduce my schadenfreude that it's coming from a guy looking for a payday. That this is happening to Snyder is fantastic and anyone who disagrees is wrong :)
  • BSLBobPhelan and russsnyder like this

#5703 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:03 PM

Anything bad that happens to Snyder is a win for the rest of humanity. Him being too stubborn and too stupid to foresee needing to change the name and securing the rights to those names serves him well. It's the exact type of loophole he's used throughout his life to nefariously impose his will upon others.

That this is happening to him is fantastic and anyone who disagrees is wrong :)

The problem is it's happening to us as fans too. It's like laughing at your misfortunes at being Ravens fans during the Ray Rice drama. He deserves everything, but still felt for you guys as fans losing your no. 1 star RB.

@JeremyMStrain

#5704 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,483 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

The problem is it's happening to us as fans too. It's like laughing at your misfortunes at being Ravens fans during the Ray Rice drama. He deserves everything, but still felt for you guys as fans losing your no. 1 star RB.

Trust me, I have no ill will for you guys at all. I respect the hell out of Washington fans. But it's just Snyder. He's a terrible human. But I am sorry if this comes across as a jab in any way to the fans.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#5705 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,974 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:06 PM

I don’t think having to wait a few days to name the team is going to impact you.

If you really cared what the fans think, the name changing doesn’t happen to begin with.

#5706 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:08 PM

Trust me, I have no ill will for you guys at all. I respect the hell out of Washington fans. But it's just Snyder. He's a terrible human.

Oh believe me I know. So much more hate for him than you all will ever have. We are stuck with the jerk. But still gets tiring getting kicked when we are down.

You'd think it's Cowboys fans that we have to deal with the worst, but surprisingly there's some begrudging respect there usually, probably from both of us being is such a volatile division together, but man Ravens fans are the WORST with the blind hate.

I mean, not in the same division, or conference, and sure maybe some of it is PTSD cause a lot of them used to be Washington fans, but jeez, it's like division-Steelers hate most of the time.

@JeremyMStrain

#5707 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,483 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:09 PM

Oh believe me I know. So much more hate for him than you all will ever have. We are stuck with the jerk. But still gets tiring getting kicked when we are down.

You'd think it's Cowboys fans that we have to deal with the worst, but surprisingly there's some begrudging respect there usually, probably from both of us being is such a volatile division together, but man Ravens fans are the WORST with the blind hate.

I mean, not in the same division, or conference, and sure maybe some of it is PTSD cause a lot of them used to be Washington fans, but jeez, it's like division-Steelers hate most of the time.

I hear ya, didn't mean it like that way or think about that. Sorry bro.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#5708 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

I don’t think having to wait a few days to name the team is going to impact you.

If you really cared what the fans think, the name changing doesn’t happen to begin with.

A huge chunk of fans have been for the change for a long time. There's a vocal group that has been against it forever too, but I don't even think they are really against it as much as just stuck on history. I mean as Washington fans the good ol days are about all we've got.

@JeremyMStrain

#5709 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

I hear ya, didn't mean it like that way or think about that. Sorry bro.

Yeah it's all good, most of you guys on here aren't that type, it's usually the ones I see in person. Especially around here since someone decided that this area was Ravens country. Even though we are closer to DC than Bmore.

@JeremyMStrain

#5710 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,352 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

That guy is such an ass clown. Well both of them are. But trying to block a name change buy locking down anything remotely possible a) is really going to piss off some powerful groups of people trying to get the name changed, and b) is really going to piss off the NFL after getting the team to FINALLY entertain the idea.

I disagree. Well, they may both be ass clowns. But for one, the Native American community who want a name change could probably not care less if they became the Washington Chickens are something completely insignificant. Piss off the NFL? They can be pissed off if they want to and no one will lose sleep at night.

Snyder will just have to go into his piggy bank, take out a million bucks, give it to the guy for the rights. Smart guy gets rich, Snyder recoups a million in new revenue relatively quick. Life goes on.
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5711 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,483 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Yeah it's all good, most of you guys on here aren't that type, it's usually the ones I see in person. Especially around here since someone decided that this area was Ravens country. Even though we are closer to DC than Bmore.

You're in PG, no? That really surprises me.

#5712 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 121,807 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:34 PM

I mean it's one way.  Baltimore is irrelevant to DC.  Baltimore has a chip on it's shoulder.   It carries over.  Plus JKC, Taglibue, 1995 expansion...    (which DC fans felt the inverse with, in regards to Angelos and the Nats).... 

#5713 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,223 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:47 PM

The problem is it's happening to us as fans too.

He'll have to pay up or jump through the legal hurdles to void the copyrights. I don't think it effects fans at all. Unless he refuses and then has to go to a backup list for the name options, I'll feel a little bad for fans but even then it'll work out just fine. It's not like that the only acceptable outcome is one of the name choices currently under consideration.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#5714 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:00 PM

You're in PG, no? That really surprises me.

No, moved to AA a while ago. Annapolis suburbs.

@JeremyMStrain

#5715 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:14 PM

The Redskins also fired the top two members of their pro scouting department.

The Washington Redskins have fired the top two employees in their pro scouting department, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

Alex Santos, the director of pro personnel, and Richard Mann II, the assistant director of pro personnel, were let go Saturday, leaving the team without the two men most responsible for coordinating advance scouting of opponents and evaluating potential free agents less than a month before the start of training camp.

The Redskins declined to comment.

https://www.washingt...nel-department/

• sandiegosean likes this

#5716 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,070 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:36 PM

The Redskins also fired the top two members of their pro scouting department.

https://www.washingt...nel-department/

Danny and his organization exude class in every aspect.

@mikeghg

#5717 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,826 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

Danny and his organization exude class in every aspect.

The plan was to fire them a long time ago. Holdovers from Allen, the only reason they hadn't yet is because they had to get through the draft and I'm sure COVID slowed things down.

@JeremyMStrain

#5718 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,070 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:13 PM

The plan was to fire them a long time ago. Holdovers from Allen, the only reason they hadn't yet is because they had to get through the draft and I'm sure COVID slowed things down.

I guess, and I understand but to fire them so close to the season makes it tougher for them to land elsewhere.

@mikeghg

#5719 russsnyder

russsnyder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:47 AM

https://twitter.com/...1597503495?s=21

Awesome.

#5720 russsnyder

russsnyder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:52 AM

I think the problem most Baltimore fans have with the Redskins is two fold.

One, when the Colts left, the NFL tried to stick the Redskins down our throats.

More importantly, Jack Kent Cooke blocked any effort for Baltimore to get a franchise for years.

I understand why he did it, but it was tough to take. 

• Mike B likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users