#5501 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

A guy I know in medical sales knows some of the doctors in the hospital and he said it’s not good. Don’t have any details yet.

Hoping for the best for him.

#5502 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

Signing Sanchez has sure worked out well. Lol at signing him because he was familiar with the offense.
  • SportsGuy likes this

#5503 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,706 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Johnson had decent stats in garbage time.

Yeah they definitely don’t need CK.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5504 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

Boswell on the Redskins and Kaepernick:

And, finally, nothing good is going to happen either the rest of this year or the next COUPLE of years because Snyder is not going to use the ONLY VIABLE FOOTBALL OPTION he has __which is making a phone call to Colin Kaepernick to get a fair shot at being the team's starting QB in '19.

It is the height of irony that the Skins, with the burden of Smtih's contract acting as a salary cap anchor, desperately need a proven, mobile QB who, for some wild combination of circumstances is not old (31), is in great shape, had a 4-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio in his last season (12-3), has a 89.8 QB rating for his career and WILL WORK FOR THE TINY SALARY of maybe $4-or-5-million!!

There he is: Colin Kaepernick.

And there is NO WAY the Skins will touch him because Snyder has put all his new-stadium eggs in the Trump Basket with his big contribution to the Inaugural. Right now, Snyder and the Skins are trying __with the help of the GOP__ to (quietly) push through actions that would make it easier to get a stadium built on the RFK cite. But they know they have to do it before the Democrats take control of the House in January.

If you haven't read it yet, don't miss this one.

https://www.washingt...m=.76d47045247d

Of course, on top of that, Snyder/Allen may oppose Kaepernick on political/protest grounds or because they don't want to break what certainly looks like an NFL blackballing of Kaepernick.

The Skins are the ONE team in the NFL that MOST NEEDS a quarterback exactly like Kaepernick for '19, yet they are also the team in the NFL with the most reasons __most of them bad reasons__ that they will never do it. Yeah, even the team nickname, which annoys me but generally doesn't send me into a rant.  

https://live.washing...l-20181210.html

• mweb08 likes this

#5505 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

They deserve every ounce of the ire they're getting. 

Eff em

• mweb08, NewMarketSean, Nigel Tufnel and 1 other like this

#5506 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:32 AM

http://www.espn.com/...eries-infection

Smith is out of the hospital.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@DJ_McCann

#5507 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Scott Van Pelt eviscerates the Redskins:

“Erosion can happen slowly, be difficult to decipher,” he said late Monday night. “But if Sunday wasn’t a wake-up call to Dan Snyder, then they are guilty of organizational negligence. The stadium, which was in the bottom third in attendance this season, was completely overrun by Philadelphia Eagles fans. A division rival trying to make the playoffs, and they had a home game — in your stadium. Folks who remember the ’70s and ’80s and ’90s — hell, people who remember 10 years ago — just imagine the thought of the Eagles fans taking over RFK or even FedEx Field. It’s unthinkable.

“But if they didn’t take it over, the stadium would have been empty,” Van Pelt went on. “I don’t know a single person from back home who would have gone Sunday if you paid them to go. Actually, you know what? That’s not true. My boy Sacco and his kids went. They’re Eagles fans. The stadium experience is miserable, insufferable drunks, the lousy product for decades. And what’s equally hard for me to fathom: Somehow, ownership is blindsided by the fact that fans are done.”

Van Pelt then told of running into some Redskins executives last winter at the Super Bowl in Minneapolis. He was, he told his national audience, “blown away by their arrogance."

“They still carry themselves like their brand is royalty,” Van Pelt said. “You’re like Sears: something that once was. In what make-believe space do you exist where you convince yourself of some alternate reality?"

https://www.washingt...m=.b2b4f4c38cb2

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#5508 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,841 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Truth.

Much like being an O's fan. Years of bungling just wear you down. It's not the not winning thing, that happens in sports. Only one champ every year. I even get not making the playoffs, there's a ton of parity in football. But it's the moves they make, and people they hire that just defeat you.

I mean I played devils advocate and said yeah, maybe Kapernick doesn't fit the scheme Jay runs. I don't know truthfully, maybe he did want a guy that wasn't inclined to run. Maybe he thought his actual passing skill was sub par. But you can't not make that move, bring in SANCHEZ of all people, and then say it was a skill move. You've already got the circus in town. You've already shown the league you won't go along with collusion (the FA debacle a couple years back we were wrongly penalized for). What do you have to lose by being the team that says to hell with what you want, we want the best chance we can get out there. You cut your best defensive player this year (ok, maybe he's loud and a bit disruptive, but it couldn't have been THAT bad, cause they'd have aired all the dirty laundry, we know how they roll), while claiming a guy that just got arrested for domestic abuse and is more likely to go to jail than play in the NFL again.

You make great staffing moves and then make up all these reasons why they have to be fired (McLoghlan, and no the business guy too) almost right away. All while smearing them so you look like the victim. Guess what guys? If we didn't believe you were the victim with Schottenheimer, we aren't going to believe it now. You're a joke off the field, and now on it too. It's not fair to those really good players, or the fanbase to deal with this crap. Get Allen out of here. You basically admitted you only have him around for his political connections so that he can get you that stadium you want. They are going to block you either way now cause you're making an ass out of yourself.

Sorry...had to rant a little bit. I'm just over Snyder and Allen so so much.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5509 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,273 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Bad ownership is impossible to overcome for more than a short period if you get lucky personnel-wise.  Something we know well here as Orioles fans.

Gotta be worse for Redskins fans.  Angelos has been a terrible sports owner, but he's at least a decent citizen (even if you disagree with his politics).  Snyder is slime, everything he does feels dirty.

#5510 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Bad ownership is impossible to overcome for more than a short period if you get lucky personnel-wise.  Something we know well here as Orioles fans.

Gotta be worse for Redskins fans.  Angelos has been a terrible sports owner, but he's at least a decent citizen (even if you disagree with his politics).  Snyder is slime, everything he does feels dirty.

If you want to know the difference between the two as people:

Angelos donates money to keep the city public swimming pools open for an entire summer.

Snyder has trees cut down on National Park property to give his mansion a better view of the Potomac.

• mweb08 likes this
@DJ_McCann

#5511 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

Dan is certainly a strong contender for worst owner in major pro sports.

#5512 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Jay Gruden has officially been told he’s back as Redskins coach for 2019, per source. This has been expectation among many for weeks.

#5513 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

He had to be back.  To keep that team that competitive when you figure the myriad of injuries they had is pretty remarkable.

#5514 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

He had to be back. To keep that team that competitive when you figure the myriad of injuries they had is pretty remarkable.

Not really. They weren't all that competitive after the injuries really became a big deal and they started to struggle before that. He's not good.

#5515 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

I'm sure they'll use these wisely.

Kareem Copeland Retweeted Michael Signora

#Redskins get third, fifth, sixth and seventh round compensatory picks.

#5516 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Skins and Denver working on a Keenum trade.

Why wouldn’t they be trading for Rosen?

#5517 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:33 PM

Skins and Denver working on a Keenum trade.

Why wouldn’t they be trading for Rosen?

Because they're an awful franchise.
  • JeremyStrain and BSLBobPhelan like this

#5518 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

This move actually isn't that bad in a vacuum. I just would have preferred Rosen or Bridgewater.

#5519 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,841 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

This move actually isn't that bad in a vacuum. I just would have preferred Rosen or Bridgewater.

Agreed. We already have middling not great QB on the roster. Someone with a LITTLE upside would have been nice.

Unless they are now going to trade Keenum to MIN for Cousins. (MINDBLOWN!!!) also not serious.

@JeremyMStrain

#5520 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

I agree..it’s not a bad move by itself but why not sign Bridgewater and/or deal for Rosen?

Why not get a long term option?

Maybe they still will deal for Rosen..although watch out for NE in a Rosen deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users