Maybe Cerrato wants the job back.   :-P

@mikeghg

#5582 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:42 AM

Ron Rivera isn't a bad hire, but what's Washington doing hiring a coach before Allen's replacement? Basically waiving a giant flag to his replacement that Danny boy is still going to call the shots.

Doug Williams is also part of the mix. Technically the GM job is basically split with Doug handling player personnel and Eric Schaffer handling the operations side.

Rivera is supposed to have some personnel input too, and the current rumor is that Schaffer is staying with the team through FA and the Draft...almost sounds like a working interview to see how he works with Rivera.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this as a committee, with Williams, Schaffer, Rivera and Del Rio all working together. I don't know how many teams have formats like this vs how many have ONE main guy in charge of things, but not expecting it to be fixed the first year either.

• mdrunning likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5583 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:16 AM

Life is a never-ending succession of NFL teams adding ping pong tables w/stories about how they're finally coming together as a family and enjoying each other's company, and NFL teams removing ping pong tables w/stories about how they're finally taking football seriously.

• Chris B likes this

#5584 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

Life is a never-ending succession of NFL teams adding ping pong tables w/stories about how they're finally coming together as a family and enjoying each other's company, and NFL teams removing ping pong tables w/stories about how they're finally taking football seriously.

I was just thinking ping pong has become quite the story today.

I'm not even sure how I feel.

On the one hand, I can respect where some coaches want the locker room where guys are locking in and getting ready and serious and focused. No distractions.

On the other, chemistry and bonding are important for teams and when you are spending that many hours and days in a place with guys and that much testosterone, having an outlet and some stress relief shouldn't be a bad thing.

I guess I'd say if I had a stance, locker room at Fed Ex, remove it. A room at the practice facility where they can play in their down time or off time? Beneficial. Best of both worlds?

@JeremyMStrain

#5585 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,855 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

Rivera and Del Rio are 2 good hires. I am excited a very little bit.

#5586 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,146 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

Rivera and Del Rio are 2 good hires. I am excited a very little bit.

No offense, but I hope the Skins and the Browns lose forever.

@mikeghg

#5587 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

No offense, but I hope the Skins and the Browns lose forever.

Offense taken. Go back to your Ravens page.

@JeremyMStrain

#5588 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

Are you pissed about the Redskins trying to keep football out of Baltimore?  How do you reconcile that with being an Orioles fan despite them doing the same thing about baseball in DC?

(If you just hate the Redskins because of Dan Snyder...  well, it's hard to argue with that).

#5589 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,735 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

Are you pissed about the Redskins trying to keep football out of Baltimore? How do you reconcile that with being an Orioles fan despite them doing the same thing about baseball in DC?

(If you just hate the Redskins because of Dan Snyder... well, it's hard to argue with that).

Definitely can't argue with the Dan Snyder part!

As for the first thing, I'd guess that most really choose not to reconcile that and just go with the biased approach, which of course is a prominent component of fandom.

#5590 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,746 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:11 PM

I hated the Redskins when Baltimore didn't have a team. 
Don't think about them now.  Know the Redskins fanbase was a great one prior to Snyder...  I hope those of you who have stuck with the Redskins get better days ahead. 

Think the hires were good.  Getting rid of Allen also good. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

#5591 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,729 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

The hires are good but the roster needs a lot of work. Chase Young should help. But what will take this franchise forward is having a competent FO.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#5592 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,820 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

My Baltimoron pride initially forced me to dislike them, and being subjected to their games all the time until 96.  

Snyder sucks of course, but what irritates me about their fans is the unapologetic and illogical defending of the moniker. 

I think trolling a touch and laughing at their incompetence is the least we can do.

• DJ MC likes this

@fuzydunlop

#5593 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,735 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

My Baltimoron pride initially forced me to dislike them, and being subjected to their games all the time until 96.

Snyder sucks of course, but what irritates me about their fans is the unapologetic and illogical defending of the moniker.

I think trolling a touch and laughing at their incompetence is the least we can do.

I am also more than good with this reasoning.

#5594 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,746 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

CBS Sports: NFL insider notes: Eight moves to fix messy Redskins, why Vikings will be in combine spotlight and more
https://www.cbssport...light-and-more/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners