5574 replies to this topic

#5561 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,731 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:11 PM

If you’re not going to change teams you can at least act as if the Skins don’t exist. I wouldn’t waste a second or a penny on that organization and wouldn’t have for years, just like I did for the Orioles in the late 00’s.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5562 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

If you’re not going to change teams you can at least act as if the Skins don’t exist. I wouldn’t waste a second or a penny on that organization and wouldn’t have for years, just like I did for the Orioles in the late 00’s.

Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at.  I've tried to convince myself to follow the Ravens instead of the Redskins, but I just can't do it.  So mostly I'm just apathetic.  I watch at least parts of just about all their games, but this week, I actually completely forgot that they were on MNF (which turned out to be a good thing).

Actually, this year, I'm rooting them to go 0-16 and lose to Miami.  Maybe that will convince them that things need to change.  Snyder's owned the team for 21 years now, and they haven't had an 11-win season.

#5563 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

Yo, you need to dead that. I feel for you in all other aspects, but like Angelos in the 98-11 era, Snyder deserves every loss and every knock against his organization that he gets. Not to mention the team name is racist. The fans are just collateral damage.  Maybe you should just join the Ravens bandwagon. We'll squeeze in and make some room. :D

I don't know which one is worse between Snyder and Angelos. The former Marlins owner was right there with them for worst in sports until he sold.

The problem is, you're still an O's fan now. Yeah you can be miserable, you can not support them (haven't gone to a game or spent a dime in years) but that still doesn't tear them out your heart. Those players are out there getting crippled and bleeding for us, it's not their fault our owner is less than a turd. We are in this with them. The one thing we can hold on to through this garbage is at least the fans and players are in this together, now if we can get the other 3rd of our franchise together in ownership we might be ok.

I mean what's worse, someone sitting through all this torture, or someone that lives here and is conveniently a NYY/NE/Whatever team Lebron plays for fan? All the lifeboats are gone, I'm in it til we sink, but that doesn't mean I'm not plotting on throwing the captain overboard before I go.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5564 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,550 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

Synder is worse because he's a bad human being.
  • JeremyStrain and Mackus like this

#5565 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85,684 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:34 AM

Synder is worse because he's a bad human being.

Well, Angelos is a lawyer, so......   :)

@BSLRobShields

#5566 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:32 PM

Well, Angelos is a lawyer, so......   :)

Peter is or was a bad baseball owner, but there is plenty of evidence that he is a good citizen who has done much for his community.

Snyder on the other hand seems to be a miserable human being.  Hail to the Redskins, may you lose as long as Danny Boy owns you and beyond.

@mikeghg

#5567 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

Peter is or was a bad baseball owner, but there is plenty of evidence that he is a good citizen who has done much for his community.

Snyder on the other hand seems to be a miserable human being.  Hail to the Redskins, may you lose as long as Danny Boy owns you and beyond.

Come on now, why do WE have to get punished too? How about if we root for them to win, but Snyder loses money? Or for the NFL to force him to sell?

@JeremyMStrain

#5568 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,192 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:26 PM

ProFootballTalk:

Washington has no comment about Jay Gruden videos

Source: Jay Gruden videos are not new

So why are they showing up for the first time today, on the same day Gruden announced that Colt McCoy, and not rookie first-rounder Dwayne Haskins, will start at quarterback against the Patriots? That’s open to interpretation, speculation, and further reporting. For now, it’s fair to wonder whether someone within the Washington organization had a role in leaking the videos.

@DJ_McCann

#5569 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,669 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:21 PM

CBS Sports: Redskins coaching rumors: Dan Snyder wants to land Steelers' Mike Tomlin or one of two prominent assistants
https://www.cbssport...ent-assistants/

#5570 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,820 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:13 AM

I have a feeling the Skins' hiring a head coach is going to be like Syd Thrift's adventures in free agency: Confederate money.

#5571 mdrunning

mdrunning

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:15 AM

Bill Callahan now has the distinction of having replaced both Grudens as head coach. 

• DJ MC likes this

#5572 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

ProFootballTalk:

Washington has no comment about Jay Gruden videos

Source: Jay Gruden videos are not new

Guarantee that's what happened. It's Snyder's MO. He's a media/marketing guy and all about image. Hence the whole "leaked concerns about Guice" before the draft. Who stood to gain from that? The team that managed to steal him in the 2nd round.

Our owner and front office have no honor. They are awful human beings. And we are held hostage. It sucks.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5573 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,731 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

The 13 Candidates to Replace Jay Gruden in Washington

https://www.theringe...mlin-dan-snyder

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5574 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

Well, now we know why Williams was pissed at the Redskins.  He found out that he'd had cancer for six years, and the team doctors had failed to diagnose it.

https://www.washingt...t-it-six-years/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5575 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:32 PM

LOL

https://twitter.com/...993358577586183

0 user(s) are reading this topic