5575 replies to this topic

#5541 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

This doesn't sound like good news.

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

That's so Redskins.

The small glimmer of hope is that he's still got a TON of value, and they should be able to trade him for something better than just draft picks. Would have been nice had he made his demands BEFORE the draft, not that I would have taken a LT over Haskins, but that 2nd-3rd round would have looked pretty good for OL.

Hopefully they can find someone to swap him for and Callahan can make them better than they are.

@JeremyMStrain

#5542 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,755 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

The more you read about the Redskin organization, the more you see a lack of class.  JMO.

@mikeghg

#5543 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

Nice story about Jim Lachey's daughter marrying Don Warren's son.

https://www.washingt...m=.b9e6eada7c01

#5544 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:38 PM

Redskins cut Mason Foster, their leading tackler from last year, just as training camp starts.  The timing is probably retaliation for Foster being critical of the team at the end of last season.

#5545 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,303 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

SI: The Redskins Will Struggle With Whoever Is at QB

#5546 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,303 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

ESPN: 

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said in explaining the Adrian Peterson decision that they'll probably run on 60 percent of the first downs and that Derrius Guice can handle those. Then Gruden added: "If we have a game where we think we can run the ball 55 times in I-formation then sure I'll get him up." Gruden said Peterson's status would be determined week to week, but the desire to bolster special teams was key to keeping Peterson inactive.

Big takeaway: The Redskins' defense needs to be a lot more sound and impactful if this team is going to even think about having a good year. They were plagued, once again, by some communication mishaps that led to big touchdowns -- just like last season. Corner Josh Norman said part of the issue stemmed from not getting certain calls or audibles to the outside quick enough. Safety Montae Nicholson said some of it was from not playing a lot together thus far. Regardless, it was bad -- and it wasn't just the secondary. "That miscommunication will kill you every time," Norman said. "We'll get it corrected. ... You get out like that you got to put guys away, you've got to shut the door."

#5547 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,822 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

Today was vintage Redskins.  Strong start, followed by an incapability to make any adjustments.  They were dominated in the second half.  A late score made the game look closer than it was and Keenum picked up some garbage time stats.

#5548 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:10 AM

Today was vintage Redskins.  Strong start, followed by an incapability to make any adjustments.  They were dominated in the second half.  A late score made the game look closer than it was and Keenum picked up some garbage time stats.

After the score was 20-7, the Eagles scored 25 straight points, sigh.

#5549 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Never establishing a run game was a dagger. Not even like screens in the flat to spread them out. In fairness even with the unbalanced game, they JUST missed another TD when Keenum overthrew 17 by about 2 yards on another deep bomb.

@JeremyMStrain

#5550 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Everything is fine!

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
· 13m
Sources: #Redskins RB Derrius Guice had an MRI this morning on the other, non-ACL knee and he’s likely to miss some time. The hope is he does not need surgery, but the team is doing a full evaluation. He gained 18 yards on 10 carries, looking like he wasn’t himself.

#5551 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 37m
Washington RB Derrius Guice is in Florida today to meet with Dr. James Andrews and get a second opinion on his torn meniscus, per sources. In the likely event that Guice decides to undego surgery, he would be expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks.

#5552 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
· 37m
Washington RB Derrius Guice is in Florida today to meet with Dr. James Andrews and get a second opinion on his torn meniscus, per sources. In the likely event that Guice decides to undego surgery, he would be expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks.

I feel awful for him. He's such a good dude, and this is the worst stretch of bad luck. He just really can't catch a break!

@JeremyMStrain

#5553 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,822 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:19 AM

This team sucks and has the 2nd toughest schedule remaining.

#5554 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,213 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:57 AM

Congratulations to new Ring of Honor inductee London Flecther!

https://deadspin.com...e-du-1838384193
@DJ_McCann

#5555 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,786 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:53 AM

All this couldn't have happened to a nicer, gentler, cuddlier owner & franchise.

• Mike B and DJ MC like this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5556 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

The difference between the Dolphins and Redskins is that the Redskins don’t mean to do this.

• Mike B, BSLSeanJester and DJ MC like this

#5557 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,755 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

All this couldn't have happened to a nicer, gentler, cuddlier owner & franchise.

They are a very balanced team.  They stink in all 3 segments of the game.

Your right, they deserve what they get.

@mikeghg

#5558 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Don't you guys have your own section to go bad mouth teams in?

Some of us have to wallow in our own sorrow and really don't need the piling on. Yes, we understand we have one of the worst owners in sports. Trying being a Redskins/Terps/Orioles/Wizards fan sometime, see how you like it.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5559 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,786 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

Don't you guys have your own section to go bad mouth teams in?

Some of us have to wallow in our own sorrow and really don't need the piling on. Yes, we understand we have one of the worst owners in sports. Trying being a Redskins/Terps/Orioles/Wizards fan sometime, see how you like it.

Yo, you need to dead that. I feel for you in all other aspects, but like Angelos in the 98-11 era, Snyder deserves every loss and every knock against his organization that he gets. Not to mention the team name is racist. The fans are just collateral damage.  Maybe you should just join the Ravens bandwagon. We'll squeeze in and make some room. :D

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5560 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,822 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

Yo, you need to dead that. I feel for you in all other aspects, but like Angelos in the 98-11 era, Snyder deserves every loss and every knock against his organization that he gets. Not to mention the team name is racist. The fans are just collateral damage. Maybe you should just join the Ravens bandwagon. We'll squeeze in and make some room. :D

Don't do it, Jeremy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners