5575 replies to this topic

#5521 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:48 AM

New England has six picks in the first three rounds and 12 overall, so they certainly have the draft capital to make a play for Rosen if they want to. 

Unless Washington was willing to give Arizona an offer it couldn't refuse, I don't think a Rosen deal was going to get done at this point. I think the Cardinals can afford to wait a bit. They'll have other suitors, particularly if the compensation doesn't involve first-round draft picks. I agree that the Keenum deal wasn't bad; they more or less got him for free, but like Alex Smith, Keenum represents a bridge to nowhere for the Redskins.

#5522 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

If this were any other team, I'd say this move was a nice move to get some more insurance at a position of need...one that doesn't cost so much it precludes you from pursuing long term options.  As a Redkins fan...I expect total chaos and putrid decision making...so...

#5523 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

If this were any other team, I'd say this move was a nice move to get some more insurance at a position of need...one that doesn't cost so much it precludes you from pursuing long term options.  As a Redkins fan...I expect total chaos and putrid decision making...so...

They should still be trying to get Rosen from Arizona.

Keenum is a decent fill-in QB. Otherwise, you'd be playing Colt McCoy week 1.

The Skins aren't winning more than 6 games this year but you do need someone who isn't a total void at the QB position. It's like baseball during a bad season. Someone has to eat the innings.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5524 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,600 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

They should still be trying to get Rosen from Arizona.

Keenum is a decent fill-in QB. Otherwise, you'd be playing Colt McCoy week 1.

The Skins aren't winning more than 6 games this year but you do need someone who isn't a total void at the QB position. It's like baseball during a bad season. Someone has to eat the innings.

McCoy may actually not be bad, especially in this system that he knows so well. I was looking forward to him getting a chance, but then of course he got hurt too.

#5525 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:52 AM

McCoy may actually not be bad, especially in this system that he knows so well. I was looking forward to him getting a chance, but then of course he got hurt too.

Chances are Keenum will be hurt too behind this OL.

This was a good move for a stopgap QB, an even better move for depth.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5526 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,600 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

Chances are Keenum will be hurt too behind this OL.

This was a good move for a stopgap QB, an even better move for depth.

Eh, the offensive line when healthy (big problem the last 2 years) is pretty good.

#5527 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:16 AM

Well, they managed to get a starting QB who also has a relatively small cap number, basically for free.  So that's good.  Too bad he sucks.

#5528 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,260 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

If I was confident this was a move to BOLSTER the QB unit, and they still planned on getting a young QB as a priority I'd feel ok. But this is the Redskins, and some idiots in the front office are printing playoff tickets right now.

If you drafted one, or got Rosen and they sat this year behind these two vets. Then they get handed the reigns next year. I'm ok with that. The best QB these days spend a year holding a clipboard.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5529 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

Redskins resign Peterson for 2/8.

#5530 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,260 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

Redskins resign Peterson for 2/8.

Just saw that.

Probably a solid move. Guice is the lead fo sho, but it means AP won't be needed to carry as much load, and could be a good change of pace back. He's turned into more of a power back than elusive. I feel like DG is going to be like old school AP, and AP is going to be more like middle school Frank Gore.

@JeremyMStrain

#5531 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Haskins to the Skins at 15.  Hometown kid.

#5532 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

The Redskins drafted their QB of the future in selecting Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State. @MarkBullockNFL put in the tape and evaluated how his game could translate to the NFL.

So this is Washington giving Byron Leftwich a 2nd chance? It's worth a shot.

#DwayneHaskins #Redskins #BoomThe big, right-handed passer is athletic. He steps up in the pocket and whips a velocity-filled catchable bullet downfield, hitting a streaking receiver in stride. The rhythm type pocket passer spread the ball around to several different receivers.

#5533 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

The Ringer: Redskins Can’t Believe Their Luck As Dwayne Haskins Falls Into Their Laps

#5534 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:40 AM

Redskins grab Bryce Love in the 4th.

#5535 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

“Hopefully RG3 pans out in DC,” the Bullis Bulldog sportswriter wrote in 2015, “but if not expect them to draft another in the next 5 years.” The author? Uh, Dwayne Haskins. How great is this? https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/04/27/dwayne-haskins-predicted-high-school-redskins-might-need-new-qb-now-its-him/ 

#5536 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:40 PM

Tre Watson to the Redskins as an UDFA.   He just made plays this past year at MD.  Don't what the Skins LBs look like, but would not be surprised if he made the roster.

#5537 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,399 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

Tre Watson to the Redskins as an UDFA.   He just made plays this past year at MD.  Don't what the Skins LBs look like, but would not be surprised if he made the roster.

That changed, now going to Miami.

#5538 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:01 PM

So Reuben Foster got hurt like10 seconds into his first practice, and may be out for the year.  Karma.

#5539 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,260 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:34 AM

So Reuben Foster got hurt like10 seconds into his first practice, and may be out for the year.  Karma.

I don't think it's fair to say Karma, wasn't it was shown his ex was trying to set him up and get him kicked out the NFL? If it was enough for charges to be dropped all together, I don't think it's fair to assume the rumored stuff happened.

I mean it's one thing to have video of it. But real people do messed up stuff, and if you think it's beneath a girl to set up that scenario and either cost someone the NFL or blackmail them (which is what she tried first), you might be a little naive. Just think this is one of those cases that could really be either way. There are 100% dirtbags out there that really do this stuff, but the other side is true too. We only ever see half of the story.

Preface all of this with yes, any kind of abuse or assault is completely unforgivable and if he did it he deserves to be banned for life, BUT I'm not willing to believe that their aren't chicken heads out there looking for a meal ticket, trying to trap guys etc. I mean wasn't that the whole B Plot to Varsity Blues? I've seen plenty of this stuff first hand in HS and College. You see it more with football and basketball than other sports, but it's almost a class that should be taught to some of these 18-21 year old kids. A lot of times a relationship is the last thing on their mind which helps sort some of it out, but chasing tail is more trouble than they are worth, the more high profile they are the worse it is.

@JeremyMStrain

#5540 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

This doesn't sound like good news.

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners