No replies to this topic

#1 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

As some of you might remember, I got locked into a nasty dispute with my *first* wedding/reception venue approximately 9 months prior to my wedding. I wound up cancelling with the venue in question, but not before legal threats were issued by both sides.

Well, I just heard from my lawyer that he's filed a complaint with the Baltimore County Circuit Court and a Writ of Summons has been issued. Therefore, legal proceedings have officially begun. Rather than waste my lawyer's time with these generic questions, I was wondering if I could pester some of you instead. :)

1. Now that a Writ of Summons has been issued, how long does it take to go to trial? is there a rough estimate? I'm guessing it's something that won't happen overnight.

2. Can I expect my mailbox to be flooded with court documentation now, or will my lawyer be handling everything?

3. Are you required to appear in court? If not, can you just have your lawyer appear in your stead? Obviously, if I'm called to testify, I'm guessing I won't have a choice.

4. Have any of you been through this garbage before? If so, please tell me it's not as stressful as I'm making it out to be. Otherwise, lie to me. ;)

Seriously though, I could really use the help of those of you who have trial experience. This is a whole new experience for me and I could just use some advice and reassurance. Thanks in advance!
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners