No replies to this topic

#1 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

I bought a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Compatible 1500VA 900W Pure Sine Wave Tower UPS. I am using it on my computer system that includes 2 monitors and a Netgear ReadyNSA (used to stream my own audio/video throughout the house.). When all said and done, I'm currently drawing about 239 watts and have 25 minutes of battery power. This is more than enough time to manually shut down the system, or the UPS will do that for me if I'm not home. This unit has 5 outlets that are battery & surge protected and 5 outlets that are surge protected.

Besides the ability to maintain power if/when you get a power loss, this unit has an Automatic Voltage Regulator. From website (AVR technology stabilizes the AC voltage and maintains a safe voltage level without switching to battery-mode. This conserves battery life, and delivers cleaner AC power to connected equipment). I've got the standard settings and if need be the unit will kick in if the voltage drops below 88 or exceeds 139 volts. And so far in 2 days use, it has kicked in twice! I have an older AVR that I bought years ago in my main TV room, that I have for my TV, TIVO, Xbox 360 and A/V receiver. I may look into upgrading that unit. They are great to help protect your electronic gear from brownouts and overvoltages.

A word of caution, not all UPS will work with any computer system. It really depends on your computer power supply. If your PSU has Active PFC, than your UPS needs to designed to support Active PFC power supplies. This unit does and it will support standard PSU. In doing my research, I've seen numerous complaints that people bought a UPS and when they got it, it would not work on their computer!

If anybody has any questions I might be able to answer it for you. I've been wanting one for awhile and well to help the economy I decided to do it. :D

http://www.cyberpowe... ... FCLCD.html

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners