#821 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,247 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:35 PM

That's what I meant by privately, meaning not in public.

Right but that doesn’t matter w/r/t the post you quoted, which talked aBout the timing of things.

Again, why not say something immediately.

All this looks like is a money grab and trying to take advantage of the current social climate.
@BSLRobShields

#822 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,711 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:38 PM

Right but that doesn’t matter w/r/t the post you quoted, which talked aBout the timing of things.

Again, why not say something immediately.

All this looks like is a money grab and trying to take advantage of the current social climate.

It does matter regarding the quote because mentioning it in the hearing is different than him putting it out into the public regarding eliciting sympathy.

#823 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:59 AM

My initial reaction is to be very skeptical of this claim by Garrett.

It was a Thursday Night game, tons of cameras and microphones. I wonder if there is any audio of the final play and melee?

Quarterbacks' helmets are mic'd as well.

#824 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,364 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:56 AM

Quarterbacks' helmets are mic'd as well.

The NFL claims there's no audio.

I can see it in the case of the QB mic, since, you know, there were issues with that particular helmet.

@DJ_McCann

#825 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,663 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:15 AM

Best I can do for Garrett is give him the benefit of the doubt that he thought he heard something said and reacted based on that.  Microphones and half a dozen other players in direct proximity to what was going on, if something awful was actually said I think we'd have some supporting evidence.  

#826 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

If this allegation is false, then the worst part is Rudolph will still have to deal with the fallout. Garrett will probably never be able to prove his claim, but Rudolph will likely also never be able to disprove it.

• BSLRobShields likes this

#827 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,247 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:49 AM

If this allegation is false, then the worst part is Rudolph will still have to deal with the fallout. Garrett will probably never be able to prove his claim, but Rudolph will likely also never be able to disprove it.

Yep...I mean, the idea that he retweeted post negative posts about Jemele Hill is reason enough for some to at least have their doubts.

We live in a society where people look for reasons to want to believe someone is guilty of stuff like this.

It’s pretty sad but it’s the world we live in...just another reason social media is the worst thing ever invented.
@BSLRobShields

#828 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,711 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:40 PM

Yep...I mean, the idea that he retweeted post negative posts about Jemele Hill is reason enough for some to at least have their doubts.

We live in a society where people look for reasons to want to believe someone is guilty of stuff like this.

It’s pretty sad but it’s the world we live in...just another reason social media is the worst thing ever invented.

Unfortunately, we live in a society with a lot of racism, and when people tell it like it is on that topic, suddenly there's no personal responsibility, and tons of people that like to call others snowflakes become an example of one themselves.

#829 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,137 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:48 PM

https://www.westernj...y-conservative/

“Unfortunately, this kind of thing is all too common in a culture where bad actors seek to stir up controversy over the tiniest things, and where outrage mobs on social media gleefully gobble it up.”
@BSLMikeRandall

#830 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,247 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

Unfortunately, we live in a society with a lot of racism, and when people tell it like it is on that topic, suddenly there's no personal responsibility, and tons of people that like to call others snowflakes become an example of one themselves.

Wel, when you make shit up and lie and try to fit into your agenda, especially something like this, it just makes you a bad person(or whatever negative adjective you want to use)
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLRobShields

#831 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,711 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

Wel, when you make shit up and lie and try to fit into your agenda, especially something like this, it just makes you a bad person(or whatever negative adjective you want to use)

I don't what is being made up, but sure, when people do what you're describing, it's a bad characteristic.

#832 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,247 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

Edit: nevermind. Just not worth it if
@BSLRobShields

#833 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

I'm really intrigued by the Browns/Steelers game this weekend. Not that it's for a playoff spot or anything, but the Browns SHOULD handle business here.

...but they're the Browns.

#834 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,247 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

It is for a potential playoff spot.

Big game for each team
@BSLRobShields

#835 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,521 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

It is for a potential playoff spot.

Big game for each team

I hope they both lose. :-P

@mikeghg

#836 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:10 PM

Anyone read this story back in March?

The Cleveland Browns, that sad-sack team that couldn't win a game for a season or find a quarterback for so long, have suddenly and dramatically gone all-in for 2019. All-in not just for a playoff spot but for a Super Bowl.

https://www.espn.com...dell-beckham-jr

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: 

#837 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,930 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:58 AM

The preseason media hype on them was absolutely ridiculous. I think The Ringer ran 2 Browns articles daily for the whole month of August.

They're a 7-9 team...where they belong.

• Mike B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#838 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

Last week the hype was Browns winning out to go to the playoffs. This morning on ESPN saying they are done. All laughing at Rex Ryan for last week's talk.

#839 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,521 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:01 AM

The Cleveland Browns, if they were only as good at football as they were running their mouths.

Their coach is an idiot.  Supposedly he made some comment, to his team, pre-game saying after yesterday's game the Steelers, were no longer going to be "Kings of the AFC North"..He got that right.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#840 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 117,030 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:54 PM

B/R Mike Tanier: Odell Beckham Jr. Just Isn't an Elite Wide Receiver Anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners