775 replies to this topic

#761 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,709 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:25 AM

They just cut Jermaine Whitehead after he had a Twitter meltdown.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#762 Steve55

Steve55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

OBJ & Landry were not as concerned about losing the game as much as complaining about having to change their cleats at halftime.

#763 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,709 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

This was hilarious, re: Mayfield's changing facial hair from the time he arrived at the stadium, to warm-ups, to the post-game:

It didn’t work—at the end of the day, Mayfield looked like an overworked detective who keeps getting outsmarted by the criminals he’s trying to catch and just realized he forgot about his son’s soccer game on the one day a month he gets with his kids.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#764 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,179 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

This was hilarious, re: Mayfield's changing facial hair from the time he arrived at the stadium, to warm-ups, to the post-game:

giphy.gif
@DJ_McCann

#765 ivanbalt

ivanbalt
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:50 AM

Everyone was crowning their asses. I am enjoying this WAY more than I should be.

I'm surprised that so many football "analysts" bought into the hype.  A 7-9 season and trading for some big names doesn't necessarily make a dysfunctional team good enough to contend.  Thrown in a HC with very little experience and it's another season of Browns football.

#766 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,709 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:54 AM

I'm surprised that so many football "analysts" bought into the hype.  A 7-9 season and trading for some big names doesn't necessarily make a dysfunctional team good enough to contend.  Thrown in a HC with very little experience and it's another season of Browns football.

I am enjoying their struggles but I don't think many people expected them to be this bad.

Mayfield had 27 TD and 14 INT in 13 starts last year. So far he has 7 TD in 8 starts to go with 12 INT.

With the addition of Beckham, I expected him to be about as good as he was a rookie or better. But hes been one of the worst QBs in football so far.

#767 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:59 AM

I am enjoying their struggles but I don't think many people expected them to be this bad.

Mayfield had 27 TD and 14 INT in 13 starts last year. So far he has 7 TD in 8 starts to go with 12 INT.

With the addition of Beckham, I expected him to be about as good as he was a rookie or better. But hes been one of the worst QBs in football so far.

Could not happen to a better guy or team.

• Ricker Says likes this
@mikeghg

#768 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,802 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:22 PM

Too busy cockwalking around Cleveland like he's LeBron James, and filming television commercials to, you know... work on his game. Seriously, fuck that guy. Can't stand Mayfield. 

• Mike B and BSLSeanJester like this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#769 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Too busy cockwalking around Cleveland like he's LeBron James, and filming television commercials to, you know... work on his game. Seriously, fuck that guy. Can't stand Mayfield. 

Still pissed that we lost that game.   We played, very poorly that game.  Hopefully payback will be delivered.\

The NFL and media kissed the Browns butts all off season.  Maybe next year give them 16 prime time games.

@mikeghg

#770 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,802 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:28 PM

Still pissed that we lost that game.   We played, very poorly that game.  Hopefully payback will be delivered.\

The NFL and media kissed the Browns butts all off season.  Maybe next year give them 16 prime time games.

Yep - and that part isn't really their fault, necessarily. They aren't going to call ESPN and say, stop covering us. But the way they go about things, Mayfield's unwarranted ego, etc. Just can't stand them. Would've been a time where I could've felt good about the Browns getting off the schneid. But not with this group.

• Mike B likes this
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#771 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

Yep - and that part isn't really their fault, necessarily. They aren't going to call ESPN and say, stop covering us. But the way they go about things, Mayfield's unwarranted ego, etc. Just can't stand them. Would've been a time where I could've felt good about the Browns getting off the schneid. But not with this group.

Yea, IMO, Baker, OBJ, and their head coach, who is over his head, all make the All Jack Ass team.

• Ricker Says likes this
@mikeghg

#772 ivanbalt

ivanbalt
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Yeah I didn't think he'd be this bad either.  Unlike last year though, the league now has a near full season of film on him and Kitchens' offense.  So far they can't adapt.  Add to that the constant penalties and it's another losing season.

#773 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,802 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

Evidently a lot of "sources" are already speculating on an OBJ meltdown/trade request if this continues. Although it appears he's practically unmovable until after the 2020 season. 

But what I particularly enjoyed about this article was the tidbit about Mayfield:

Baker Mayfield's accuracy issues this season have greatly disturbed the Browns, as well, and his lack of accuracy can't be blamed solely on the offensive line. According to NFL Research, Mayfield has the lowest passer rating in the NFL when not under pressure. He's the only quarterback with more interceptions than touchdown passes when not under pressure.

https://bleacherrepo...medium=referral

Eat it, Baker. Getting what he deserves. 

#774 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

Evidently a lot of "sources" are already speculating on an OBJ meltdown/trade request if this continues. Although it appears he's practically unmovable until after the 2020 season. 

But what I particularly enjoyed about this article was the tidbit about Mayfield:

https://bleacherrepo...medium=referral

Eat it, Baker. Getting what he deserves. 

Maybe they can give him another commercial.

• Ricker Says likes this
@mikeghg

#775 ivanbalt

ivanbalt
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

Thankfully they have no more primetime games besides a Thursday.

• Mike B likes this

#776 mdrunning

mdrunning

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

Thankfully they have no more primetime games besides a Thursday.

That's probably a big reason why their prime time games were scheduled for early in the season. Better to have them on early while the hype was still fresh and they hadn't yet played themselves out of contention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners