#401 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,398 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

Closing at 9...  if you have any last comments, get them in.

Just like to thank the board for being amazingly cordial in an otherwise chaotic time right now. Pleasantly surprised.
  • Markus likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#402 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,741 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

Many, yes. Of course. And for many of them, that's probably not why they voted for him.

Theirs was a vote of desperation. Of denial that their way of life is dying, and that they have not adapted. Those jobs aren't coming back, no matter who they think President-elect Trump will bully around to try. Plus, putting a lifelong businessman in charge of making things better for labor is pretty much the literal expression of the "fox guarding the henhouse" proverb. So they may not have voted for him for racist reasons, but they surely voted for him for misguided ones.

Lol...yea because Trump would be the first to promise something and then not get it done.

You could have written the same post about her or basically any politician.
@BSLRobShields

#403 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

Antoine...do you think those white racists would have voted for Hillary if trump didn't say those things?

No, but I think they would have sat this one out.

Once again, not saying it's the only factor, but among ignoring the areas, voter disenfranchisement/suppression, and yes, white racism, these things all contributed.

You want to say otherwise, that's fine, but either you're being intentionally ignorant of society, or you don't see what's going on right now.

• Ricker Says, mweb08 and McNulty like this

#404 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

And Rob, I mean this from the bottom of my heart...we should take this offline one day. We should pick each other's brains.

No time soon, though...still raw.

#405 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,003 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

To me, it's depressing and appalling that such an openly bigoted person can become president in 2016.

It's also depressing and appalling that someone clearly so unqualified is going to be our president.

Please plesantly surprise me Donald.

#406 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

Lol...yea because Trump would be the first to promise something and then not get it done.

You could have written the same post about her or basically any politician.

Sure, but others, including her, aren't racist, sexist, bigoted, etc. So in a choice of liars, they went for the more objectively awful person. That's not a good look, especially when they don't want to be painted with that kind of brush.

• mweb08 likes this
@DJ_McCann

#407 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

To me, it's depressing and appalling that such an openly bigoted person can become president in 2016.

It's also depressing and appalling that someone clearly so unqualified is going to be our president.

Please plesantly surprise me Donald.

Even his supporters called him unqualified in the exits.

They just didn't give a fuck.

#408 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,003 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Antoine...do you think those white racists would have voted for Hillary if trump didn't say those things?

No, but I think they would have sat this one out.

Once again, not saying it's the only factor, but among ignoring the areas, voter disenfranchisement/suppression, and yes, white racism, these things all contributed.

You want to say otherwise, that's fine, but either you're being intentionally ignorant of society, or you don't see what's going on right now.

Some actually have told me that Trump hasn't said anything bigoted. So there's certainly a lot of ignorance, blissful or not, as well as denial.

#409 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

All things considered (other than the obvious, Mrs. Lincoln...) this was a fun thread. We should do it again in two years :)

• Markus likes this
@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners