13 replies to this topic

#1 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:17 PM

The best card (on paper at least) in UFC history deserved a deeper look. Here are my thoughts on the sports debut in New York.

http://baltimorespor...fc-205-preview/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,327 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

CBS Sports: UFC 205 main event: Three reasons why Eddie Alvarez will beat Conor McGregor
http://www.cbssports...conor-mcgregor/

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,327 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

CBS Sports: Conor McGregor's power move proves UFC is his world, and we're lucky to live in it
http://www.cbssports...-to-live-in-it/

#4 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

Conor is officially a legend. Incredible event last night, lived up to the hype.
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#5 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,120 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

He's not a legend. Was always going to beat Alvarez. Ferguson would tear him apart.

#6 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

Nobody has ever walked through Eddie like that. What does the guy have to do to win people over? I love Tony Ferguson but Conor knocks him out (but it would be a fun fight that I'd love to see). Khabib is the only fight where I would favor the challenger.
@PhelanToTweet

#7 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,120 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

Ferguson is bigger and longer. Connor actually made the correct analysis last night. You have to have some reach or weight or an unique ability. Ferguson has 3 of the 3. I'll give Connor credit. He's powerful, precise, and fluid as hell. He's a great fighter and fun. The hype is going too far again though. Calling him the GOAT is just stupid
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#8 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

Went to Greene Turtle to watch last night. I still think sport is barbaric and basically human cock fighting but I enjoyed myself and won some money.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#9 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

Ferguson is bigger and longer. Connor actually made the correct analysis last night. You have to have some reach or weight or an unique ability. Ferguson has 3 of the 3. I'll give Connor credit. He's powerful, precise, and fluid as hell. He's a great fighter and fun. The hype is going too far again though. Calling him the GOAT is just stupid

I agree that is stupid, takes longevity for that. But he has entered the picture now from hype to real deal over the past 12/18 months.
@PhelanToTweet

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

He may not be the GOAT, I'd say that's still Jon Jones despite his recent trouble, but he's certainly done more for MMA than anyone else. 

I think Khabib is a much tougher fight for him than Ferguson, though. 

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

#11 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,120 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

He may not be the GOAT, I'd say that's still Jon Jones despite his recent trouble, but he's certainly done more for MMA than anyone else.

I think Khabib is a much tougher fight for him than Ferguson, though.

Khabib might easily beat him too. Alvarez was never going to win this fight. He's a warrior but he's nothing great. Connor picks and chooses. That's one reason he's not even close to the GOAT. He might as well call out the weakest middleweight champion the UFC has seen in a long time in Bisbing. When you lose to Nate Diaz twice, a guy who's never really been a top lightweight, you need to check yourself

#12 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

Good thing he didn't lose to him twice then. Clearly won the second match showing a ton of heart after gassing out again.

@PhelanToTweet

#13 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

Post UFC 205 Thoughts

@PhelanToTweet

#14 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

Had our first guest on the podcast last night recapping UFC 205. I thought it was a fun show.

http://theredboxrepo...t-alex-kidwell/
@PhelanToTweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners