BSLJasonBHirschhorn

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:48 AM

Reviewing the Ravens' 2016 draft class at the quarter mark:

http://baltimorespor...s-quarter-mark/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

Jason B. Hirschhorn is an award-winning sports journalist and Pro Football Writers of America member. He has bylines at SB Nation, Sports on Earth, and other outlets. He also serves as the senior writer and editor for Acme Packing Company, a Green Bay Packers blog. Follow him on Twitter: @by_JBH

#2 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

It's very disappointing that Stanley has not been able to stay on the field. It's not his fault he got hurt, and it's certaimly not his fault that his back-up is James Hurst, but the LT situation the Ravens find themselves in is not good.

I hope Correa can push for more snaps on defense as well. He appears to have the athleticism to push for a bigger role.

Lewis has contributed more than I initially expected. Could be starting LT against the Skins. He hasnt been great, but he's at least been serviceable.

Young has maybe been the most impactful rookie even though he has only played a partial role. It's really impressive how well he has played in the slot. Always seems to be around the ball in big moments.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@gabefergy

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

Can argue its not fair to grade the last two drafts yet, though last years is becoming more clear by the day. With that said, how many of our previous 10 drafts going back to '07 get a grade higher than the C range. I would say just '08 and '11. Joe and Rice in '08. Jimmy Smith, Torrey Smith, and Pernell McPhee in '11

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,607 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

Ramsey looks great and Jack apparently looked excellent on Sunday.

Ugh.
@BSLRobShields

#5 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

Ramsey looks great and Jack apparently looked excellent on Sunday.

Ugh.

Ramsey has been excellent, and playing CB too. As good as Young has been Ramsey would have taken this D to a different level.
@gabefergy

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 110,227 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

One of the disappointments of yesterday...   Stanley obviously hurt for the 2nd week... but also Correa, Moore, and Judon all inactive.

#7 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,607 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

I don't have an issue making Moore inactive...he has had some bad drops. I think that was a message sender.
@BSLRobShields

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 110,227 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

I don't have an issue making Moore inactive...he has had some bad drops. I think that was a message sender.

Don't have an issue with him being inactive due to the performance to date.

Have an issue with the return you are getting from the class... and 2015 before it.

Though to be fair to '16, you do have starters on the left side of the O-line. Young also looks good.

Lot of unfortunate injuries the last two years with these classes... Perriman last year... Maxx Williams, Carl Davis. Bronson Kaufusi.
Also the sad, unfortunate death of Walker.

You look at all the picks of '15 and '16... it's just a huge issue you aren't getting more production from these guys.
It's also a reason for some hope / optimism going forward... thinking you will get more as season progresses.

#9 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

Judon needs to be out there on defense. He might be the best pass rusher the team has right now.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners