Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

BSL: 2016 Terps Season Preview - The Offense

http://baltimorespor...review-offense/

For the past few months, we've taken an in-depth look at each positional unit on Maryland's roster for the 2016 season. This week, we'll begin taking a broad look at the team's offensive, defensive, and special teams units and their respective coordinators.

This article takes a broad look at what to expect from the offense this season, including a look at offensive coordinator Walt Bell and his spread, up-tempo scheme.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

Real good read Zack, thank you!

I am really anxious to see Maryland play this year, in particular this offense.  I still think we will see mixed results because of the level of competition in the B1G, plus the newness of the staff and system, but I think Anderson got it right with Durkin and Durkin got it right with an energetic and hopefully creative staff.  I am still skeptical of Hillis, but an attack system like Bell's might bring out the best in him.

I am ready for football.  This is my least favorite time, the few weeks before CFB gets going and the real NFL games get started.  Almost there though.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this
@mikeghg

#3 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

Real good read Zack, thank you!

I am really anxious to see Maryland play this year, in particular this offense.  I still think we will see mixed results because of the level of competition in the B1G, plus the newness of the staff and system, but I think Anderson got it right with Durkin and Durkin got it right with an energetic and hopefully creative staff.  I am still skeptical of Hillis, but an attack system like Bell's might bring out the best in him.

I am ready for football.  This is my least favorite time, the few weeks before CFB gets going and the real NFL games get started.  Almost there though.

Thanks Mike, glad you enjoyed it!

I think, no matter what happens, fans will be treated to a very exciting offense this year. Hills/Rowe will only be here for this year, then it's up to Bell to develop his future guy. Here's hoping Kasim Hill can enroll early and start in 2017.

I'll be doing very similar previews of the defense and special teams later this week, so keep your eyes out for that!

@BSLZackKiesel

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

It's also worth noting that Durkin says William Likely will definitely see time on the offensive side of the ball, but he also left the door open for the possibility that others may play both ways as well, such as JC Jackson.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners