#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,322 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

BSL: http://baltimorespor...wide-receivers/

How well do you know your Ravens players? Think you could name a Ravens player just by looking at some quotes, some stats, some measurables?

There is a method to this madness. A relevant reason to this exercise. Check it out. 

• BSLChrisStoner, jkough1 and BSLGabeFerguson like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Great article.

As for the RH...nah, man, I don't think anybody's falling for it. The height's a dead giveaway.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,322 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

Great article.

As for the RH...nah, man, I don't think anybody's falling for it. The height's a dead giveaway.

I didn't think so. Just tounge in cheek.
  • The Epic likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

Love the article and the concept, Matthew Berry does this really well in fantasy writing too. I've got really high hopes for Player A. Loved the pick at the time, thought it was great value. Represented the kind of pick another team in our division has consistently been making, and that we've all be clamoring for. 

[spoiler alert]

But poo pooing .2 time of a 40 is kind of crazy to me. A sub-4.3 - 40 yeard dash is worth looking twice, or three times. That's .1 faster than Torrey Smith, who is .1 faster than Player A. That could be seriously game breaking speed...I think you underestimate that quite a bit in terms of assets on the field (though he can't seem to get on the field, so your point is well taken). 

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,322 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:32 AM

Love the article and the concept, Matthew Berry does this really well in fantasy writing too. I've got really high hopes for Player A. Loved the pick at the time, thought it was great value. Represented the kind of pick another team in our division has consistently been making, and that we've all be clamoring for. 

[Spoiler alert]

But poo pooing .2 time of a 40 is kind of crazy to me. A sub-4.3 - 40 yeard dash is worth looking twice, or three times. That's .1 faster than Torrey Smith, who is .1 faster than Player A. That could be seriously game breaking speed...I think you underestimate that quite a bit in terms of assets on the field (though he can't seem to get on the field, so your point is well taken). 

Thanks.

I didn't mean to make it sound unimportant. Just neat so to see a slower guy have the same successful skill set.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

Speaks volumes to his ball skills right? Which is something that I think often doesn't get as much credit as speed. It certainly can be an equalizer as well. Mason and Boldin proved this time and time again. 

I mean if A and B could get healthy and play together, given size and speed...this team will be hard to defend in the future passing the ball. But it's just all so up in the air. This year is make or break for the Ravens future, IMO. Both for these receivers, and this draft.

#7 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

I’m not sure if either of you have seen Playmakers, but I thought they had a really good scene where the aging running back had lost 0.1 seconds on his 40 time, and him saying it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Then his coach slowed down the film of one of his plays in tenths of a second, and showed exactly how much more successful a play would have been if he was just that much faster. Was pretty cool.

I may be remembering that incorrectly. Playmakers hasn’t been on in FOREVER.

#8 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

I’m not sure if either of you have seen Playmakers, but I thought they had a really good scene where the aging running back had lost 0.1 seconds on his 40 time, and him saying it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Then his coach slowed down the film of one of his plays in tenths of a second, and showed exactly how much more successful a play would have been if he was just that much faster. Was pretty cool.

I may be remembering that incorrectly. Playmakers hasn’t been on in FOREVER.

Loved that show.

Total tangent...when are you coming back to the BSBL. You dragged me into this crap and now I'm commissioner, you could at least repay me by taking the next open team. Oh yeah...and I've won the last two SOWs :P

#9 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

Loved that show.

Total tangent...when are you coming back to the BSBL. You dragged me into this crap and now I'm commissioner, you could at least repay me by taking the next open team. Oh yeah...and I've won the last two SOWs :P

Is there an open squad?

Put me back on the e-mail chain and I'll check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners