#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

BSL: http://baltimorespor...ke-ups-offense/

Perriman's status is up in the air, but the outlook for 2016 is not good. 

Ravens part ways with Monroe.

What effect do these situations have on the team?

• BSLChrisStoner and Cisc-O's like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

Mike, I took it as training camp pup list but being ready to go game 1.  Not in season pup list. 

Preseason PUP[edit]

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-season PUP[edit]

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]

Just pulled off wiki.

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Mike, I took it as training camp pup list but being ready to go game 1.  Not in season pup list. 

Preseason PUP[edit]

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-season PUP[edit]

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]

Just pulled off wiki.

I took it that way too. Did I not express it that way? I'll have to look, maybe edit. Thanks.

@BSLMikeRandall

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

Ian Rapoport, NFL insider, speculated on Twitter that Perriman could start training camp on the PUP list, and be ready for the season.

In that case, you are asking Perriman to develop in season. A guy who has exactly one day of training camp under his belt in two seasons. There just isn’t the practice time in season these days to bring him along at decent rate. With the CBA rules limiting the practice time, most of it is dedicated to installing a game plan for the week. Very little time for developing fundamental skills that a young receiver with zero experience needs to gain.

If Perriman starts the regular season on the PUP list, he’ll miss the first six games and then be evaluated to see if he can join the team.

Thats what I wrote. That would be right. No?

He can be taken off the PUP list anytime prior to the start of the regular season. If he starts the regular season on the PUP he misses six weeks then is re-evaluated, the deadlines you mentioned. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

Thats what I wrote. That would be right. No?

He can be taken off the PUP list anytime prior to the start of the regular season. If he starts the regular season on the PUP he misses six weeks then is re-evaluated, the deadlines you mentioned. 

Yeah I must have jumped a paragraph....  End of day at the office....

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners