• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

More specifically, I think Bundy will make at least 3 AL All-Star appearances as a major leaguer, and be a starter for one of the games.

Man, got me beat on specifics for sure, but I think you could be right pretty easy.
@JeremyMStrain

#22 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'll get a bit more specific.

The Orioles will not be sellers. But they won't be big time buyers, either. No Headley. No Greinke. No Johnson.

0-2 minor moves to improve the team for a playoff run. Francisco Liriano being the largest move.

I think this is very, very likely.

@AdamWolff

#23 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Liriano will out-pitch Blanton the rest of the season.

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,695 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Maryland football will win 5+ games.
Terrence Ross will be regarded as one of the 3 best rookies in the NBA.
Nick Foles will start multiple games for the Eagles.

#25 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,922 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

3 way tie for 2 wild cards.

BAL
TB
LAA

#26 JHTerp01

JHTerp01
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Roy Firestone username at foxhole will one day be revealed to be an elaborate troll job/parody poster. There is no way an award winning journalist actually has those thoughts about the team and types them out like they are using a Smith Corona.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Russ like this

#27 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Roy Firestone username at foxhole will one day be revealed to be an elaborate troll job/parody poster. There is no way an award winning journalist actually has those thoughts about the team and types them out like they are using a Smith Corona.

Nah, Roy is for real...

It's not like he was a reporter or anything... he's a guy who created a one-off kind of career as a baseball interviewer... too bad ESPN decided they'd rather show Ultimate Bungee-jumping Paintball Wars than stuff that's worthwhile.

I still think MASN is stupid for not getting Roy to do baseball interviews at OPACY... he could get visiting players/managers easy... then, MASN could syndicated them to all the RSN's who need to fill lots of airtime...

Same idea about getting Buck & Co and Davey & Co, or Cal, or Palmer and Bordick, or some combination doing little shows about the finer points of Actual Baseball... like the things Dempey sometimes does, but done way better... MASN could become to RSN's about baseball what WGBH has been to PBS, and they could make money doing it...

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#28 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Liriano will out-pitch Blanton the rest of the season.

This can still change, but since this post here are the #'s:

Liriano - 10 starts, 1-4, 5.09 ERA
Blanton - 9 starts, 1-4, 5.57 ERA

Looks like neither of these would have been very good options in hindsight.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#29 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Same idea about getting Buck & Co and Davey & Co, or Cal, or Palmer and Bordick, or some combination doing little shows about the finer points of Actual Baseball... like the things Dempey sometimes does, but done way better... MASN could become to RSN's about baseball what WGBH has been to PBS, and they could make money doing it...

Buck scrapped the whole Wired Wednesday thing to pre-game taped stuff when he took over. So I don't think he really wants to do that.
@levineps

#30 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

This can still change, but since this post here are the #'s:

Liriano - 10 starts, 1-4, 5.09 ERA
Blanton - 9 starts, 1-4, 5.57 ERA

Looks like neither of these would have been very good options in hindsight.

Well at least I'm still right as of now! :D

#31 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Well at least I'm still right as of now! :D

I think Saunders is like 3-5 with a 4.68 ERA in that time, but he really just had 2 stinkers in there, the rest were good/decent.
@JeremyMStrain

#32 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Buck scrapped the whole Wired Wednesday thing to pre-game taped stuff when he took over. So I don't think he really wants to do that.

That's not what I meant. I meant planned and well-produced segments about the kind of things that people who do baseball as a profession know that fans have no way to know. They wouldn't even have to think them up, fan questions would provide plenty of ideas.

I understand exactly why Buck wanted no part of Wired Wednesdays... it's just a distraction from paying attention to what he's supposed to be paying attention to. I'm glad he did that, the whole idea is a perfect example of entertainment-driven BS...

#33 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,809 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Cards are winning World Series.
@BSLRobShields

#34 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Tigers.

Easy.
@beginthebegin71

#35 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Giants.

#36 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

I agree. They've got that look they had this time last year all of the sudden, and they certainly don't understand how big a deal it is to be trailing late. They don't care. I like the Cards right now, and frankly, I'm rooting for them. They're a great baseball town, and I think it'd be awesome for them to repeat sans Pujols.

I wouldn't mind the Tigers winning only from the standpoint of wanting Verlander to get a ring. I don't particularly care for the Tigers, and I think this would just further propel them to keep spending booku bucks, but I do want Verlander to get a much deserved ring.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#37 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I guess I want Detroit to win it all, but I'll be happy as long as it's not the Yankees. Think it be great for the city of Detroit and be some nice parity since SF and the Cards have won in recent year.

Really wouldn't be shocked if any team won at this point except the Yankees, I expect Detroit to beat them and a sweep wouldn't surprise me at all.
@levineps

#38 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

As long as it's not the MFY's in the WS, at least I can root for the AL...

I actually tried rooting for the MFY's right after 9/11 happened... not because of them, but because of what happened to NYC... but even though I tried, I couldn't...

#39 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

I actually tried rooting for the MFY's right after 9/11 happened... not because of them, but because of what happened to NYC... but even though I tried, I couldn't...

I rooted for Arizona, could NEVER bring myself to root for the Yanks. That being said, if there was ever a time they deserved to win it was then.
@levineps

#40 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

If you root for the Yankees, the terrorists win.
  • RShack likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners