#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,143 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

BSL: http://baltimorespor...ive-continuity/

Wallace enters his eighth season, and for the sixth straight year he will work under a new offensive coordinator. For the fourth straight year, under a new system all together. I take a look at the past, his seasons off the radar in Miami and Minnesota, and what we could expect here.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,970 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

Wallace and Perriman and maybe the rookie Moore can prove real useful without even putting up huge numbers.

Their speed has to be accounted for and should open up the underneath stuff for guys like Steve Smith, Kamar Aiken and all the TE's.

Defenses did not have to worry about us beating them over the top last year.  Wallace in part makes sure that is not the case this year.

Looking forward to seeing how we do, with all the options this year.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@mikeghg

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,143 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

The other thing I noticed, going back and watching Wallace's tape, he understands the nuances of running short routes. He waits for the corner to bite, turn his hips going for the deep ball, before he breaks it off into a hitch route. Wallace had a knack for finding soft spots in zone.

Man coverage, a little different. Not super great when he has to make contested catches.

But the short passing stuff he is underrated in.

That was actually going to be the basis of the article, but then I started writing and it turned out this way instead.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,970 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

The other thing I noticed, going back and watching Wallace's tape, he understands the nuances of running short routes. He waits for the corner to bite, turn his hips going for the deep ball, before he breaks it off into a hitch route. Wallace had a knack for finding soft spots in zone.

Man coverage, a little different. Not super great when he has to make contested catches.

But the short passing stuff he is underrated in.

That was actually going to be the basis of the article, but then I started writing and it turned out this way instead.

Wallace is a veteran, so he probably has worked the route tree, and gotten better at the intermediate game.

I really think playing with Joe will help him.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners