#1 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,875 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

I guess my ban has ended a few hours early.  And as such I wanted to address what happened yesterday.

1)  First, and most important, an apology is owed Stoner.  I lashed out at him over an issue I had (have) with Shack in a moment of extreme fury.  Shack is a troll, trolls know how to push buttons and mine were successfully pushed.  Believe it or not I have tried very hard over the last few years to reign in my aggression towards other posters -- I pretty much avoided the politics forum all together and I have been much less opinionated/confrontational in the other threads.  The exception to this has been game threads (more on this later).  Shack was able to successfully get me riled up (which is what trolls do) and I fell for it.  The comment I made towards Stoner was uncalled for and I apologize.

2) As for the game threads, know this Shack.  I will continue to post how I want to post so long as it is within the parameters set by the board owner.  This means that if Ubaldo looks crappy, I will call him out on it.  If Jones swings at pitches in the dirt, I will say he sucks.  If the team is down 3-0 in the 4th and I declare the game over, I will continue to do that.  I am a "fan."  Fan is short for "fanatic"  I spend the majority of my life dealing with work, bills, women, family, friends etc etc.  In 99% of those situations I have to remain level headed and calm.  Sports is my outlet.  If my saving Chris Davis stinks (which I obviously don't believe, but is a product of being reactionary)ruins the thread for you, or if it makes you believe that VaTech or whoever is a more "knowledgeable" poster then too bad.  That is YOUR problem, not mine.  I won't change my approach.  Either live with it, or ignore it.  But don't you dare presume to tell me that I am not a baseball fan, or that I am a bad fan, or that I don't bring enough material to the board, how dare you.  Also, no need to "feel sorry" for me.  I'm doing great.  Probably a lot better than you are.

3)  Finally, I respect all of you here, except Shack.  I truly dislike him and have zero respect for him.  I think he's one of the finest trolls message boards have ever seen.  That said, because of my respect for all of you, I am going to try my absolute best to ignore him.  I won't put him on ignore, because I have tried that and it makes the board harder to follow.  But I truly hope this will be the last time I acknowledge him or engage him.  It's truly a sad human that posts in a community where a handful of its most prolific posters don't want him around.

4)  Sheesh folks, what's your favorite color ball mitt!!!!!!!

(had to)

Peace, Love, Twix,

~Pedro C.

• BSLRobShields, Ricker Says, glenn__davis and 5 others like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,741 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Well said.

@BSLRobShields

#3 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

Yep, well said. Shack is definitely an exceptional troll.

#4 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

Black mitt with orange leather silhouette of myself sewn onto it, Koji style.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners