mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

Ease up.

This. Obviously I get not being thrilled by the decision and I get the curiosity, but I assume it's something that is not in his best interest to share. Not a big deal. 

#22 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

This. Obviously I get not being thrilled by the decision and I get the curiosity, but I assume it's something that is not in his best interest to share.

I guess... but it's not like he was committing some crime... and I'm not asking him if he put his cigar in Monica Lewinsky's lady parts... which leaves what?  

You think maybe he woke up like this?     :wink:

the-Godfather-Horse-Head-Bed.jpg

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#23 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, Shack...slow your roll a little bit. I don't like it (I had something I wanted to share, and really wanted to wait for the moment to do it. LOL), but I'm sure the reason was valid, and it's something we can live with.

#24 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

I'm assuming it conflicts with a potential business opportunity, and if that's the case, it's something he wouldn't want to share publicly at this point.

• BSLMikeLowe and Chris B like this

#25 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,809 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

Christ...Chris is trying to build something and obviously there was something that was said to him or something he saw that he felt could be a deterrent to what he wants to do.

He doesn't need to explain himself to anyone and quite frankly, what is said to him by potential investors or sponsors is none of our business.  He gave you an explanation and that should be enough.

Everyone here has the ability to start a free political message board.  For fuck sakes, go on FB, create a BSL political group and go have liberal circle jerk there.  

• Pedro Cerrano, Chris B and BSLMikeRandall like this
@BSLRobShields

#26 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

That type of post is also likely a deterrent to what Stoner wants to do.

• Ricker Says likes this

#27 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,543 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Shack. Chris owes no one an explanation. Even you.

Here's a link to get you started on the path to where you can post about all the things you are passionate about.

http://www.wix.com/

Take 30 minutes. Set up a site. Write a story. Tell us where we can find it. People here can go there and talk about your story with you.

Easy peasy.

@BSLMikeRandall

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,695 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:16 PM

All... no problem with Shack's question. It's fair.

I went against what I said... and my answers have been vague.

Vagueness leading to more questions. I get it.

That said, I'm not going provide any further clarity.  Thanks.

#29 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

Well, I fully believe that Stoner's natural reflex would have been to just tell us WTF happened... and, since he's not doing that, I expect there is some actual reason he's not doing it...  I do not believe he's being arbitrary about it...

Which means it's about money somehow...

Which in turn leaves me with 2 questions that I don't expect any answers to, but I have them anyway...

1.  Was it the simple fact of political and social topics that led to external pressure being applied?  Or was it the direction those discussion took?

2.  If this happens to a little sports-talk site in a non-huge city, then just imagine what it's like when it's about national media... does anyone really doubt that the Sunday morning talk shows, and both MSNBC and Fox News, operate with a List of Topics That Shall Not Be Discussed?   If it happens here, you know it happens more when the stakes are higher...

Bottom line:  External pressures are preventing him from telling the truth on a site which he started from scratch...  the issue is not him naming names, but rather he can't even give a name-free version of the truth... and that's just wrong... not saying Stoner is wrong, just saying the alignment of pressure is wrong...  yet lots of people believe it's just part of normal America... but it's not... it's a perversion of America...

I will shut up now....

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,695 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

It's not about $.

#31 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

It's not about $.

Holy Christ... she said she'd leave you over this?   

;-)

Just kidding... I said I would STFU, and I will;  

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#32 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,883 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

Well, I fully believe that Stoner's natural reflex would have been to just tell us WTF happened... and, since he's not doing that, I expect there is some actual reason he's not doing it... I do not believe he's being arbitrary about it...

Which means it's about money somehow...

Which in turn leaves me with 2 questions that I don't expect any answers to, but I have them anyway...

1. Was it the simple fact of political and social topics that led to external pressure being applied? Or was it the direction those discussion took?

2. If this happens to a little sports-talk site in a non-huge city, then just imagine what it's like when it's about national media... does anyone really doubt that the Sunday morning talk shows, and both MSNBC and Fox News, operate with a List of Topics That Shall Not Be Discussed? If it happens here, you know it happens more when the stakes are higher...

Bottom line: External pressures are preventing him from telling the truth on a site which he started from scratch... the issue is not him naming names, but rather he can't even give a name-free version of the truth... and that's just wrong... not saying Stoner is wrong, just saying the alignment of pressure is wrong... yet lots of people believe it's just part of normal America... but it's not... it's a perversion of America...

I will shut up now....

Thank God
  • BSLRobShields, glenn__davis, bnickle and 2 others like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#33 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

I guess the thing that I always get stuck on is remembering Stoner telling us the site was his, the board was ours. Of course he's mainly run this board with that sentiment in mind, so I apologize for my minor outburst about this yesterday. As sports message boards go, we've got it very good here. Very good. Thanks for providing this outlet for us. I believe you do run this as "our board"... But obviously someone has to make the big decisions and as the only shareholder, that has to be you. I get it and you've got my full support.
  • CA-ORIOLE likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#34 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

Once I make my fortune I'm buying out 51% of this place and anyone that disagrees with me is getting nuked

@bopper33

#35 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Once I make my fortune I'm buying out 51% of this place and anyone that disagrees with me is getting nuked

The thing about you is there isn't anyone you haven't disagreed with at some point or another. Your plan would be bad for Climate Change lol. If you added a Twins sub forum I bet you'd get some THS fans to join though.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#36 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

I get along great with Dr FLK!

@bopper33

#37 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:31 PM

I get along great with Dr FLK!

You get along great with a lot of people but there's basically no one you haven't put in their place if you disagreed with them about something. You don't mind conflict.

#38 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

Is that a Hold Steady lyric?

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:47 PM

Is that a Hold Steady lyric?

Lol

@bopper33

#40 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

create a BSL political group and go have liberal circle jerk there.  

Hey, you're more than welcome to join in and play some soggy biscuit.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners