#41 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

I don't watch much boxing or MMA, but the presser yesterday, was pure WWE.   McGregor is promotional gold.  

I wonder how long it took to edit out the vulgarity.

• BSLBobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#42 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Cutting his mic was so stupid. Let him talk as much as he wants

#43 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

Cutting his mic was so stupid. Let him talk as much as he wants

They set him up for failure. Did you notice Floyd had music and sound effects. Conor will still find a way to work around it.
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

I'm not a Connor guy but the more he talks the more PPVs he'll sell.

#45 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,604 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

It reminded me of Rocky IV... Apollo gets all the production... Drago just stands in the ring watching it all go down. This, if continued, will only just fuel CM even more.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#46 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Connor would kill Mayweather on the mic and they aren't going to let that happen. It's also laughable hearing Floyd say he's beat him in the octagon. I get that its just trash talk but that's one that has no credibility. He's knows he'll get destroyed with anything other than boxing rules. Also, had they allowed 4 or 6 ounce gloves I would at least be intrigued. 10 ounce gloves is like shields around Floyd's face. Youre not getting anything through those things. Still not paying a dime for this thing. Ill watch a stream of it for free.
  • Ricker Says likes this

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 102,206 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

The Ringer: The Five Best Moments of Mayweather-McGregor, Round 1

#48 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Toronto was lit yesterday, Conor was on fire. Today in New York was kind of a dud but London should be crazy tomorrow.
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 102,206 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

SI: Thursday Tap Out: Mayweather-McGregor tour helps fans forget about UFC 213 malaise
https://www.si.com/m...cgregor-mma-ufc

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Thought Mayweather won Brooklyn. Connor got the best of everyone in London.

#51 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thought Mayweather won Brooklyn. Connor got the best of everyone in London. This tour was much better than anything you'll see the 26th.

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 102,206 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

Thought Mayweather won Brooklyn. Connor got the best of everyone in London. This tour was much better than anything you'll see the 26th.

I don't follow boxing or MMA much at all.   I'm curious why most don't give Connor a chance?

I get that Mayweather is the tactician. That he will be looking to win on points and not for the ko. That he will move, and has a long history of avoiding much contact / direct shots....  we've also seen the video indicating that even at 41, he looks to have far quicker hands...

Still...  despite boxing not being his sport, Connor isn't going to be intimidated. He's not going overwhelmed by that spotlight either.  Is it crazy to think he could catch Mayweather at some point?  It's not like he has to win every round. He just has to make the punches he does connect with count. 

I mean, is anyone thinking Mayweather will ko Connor?  If he's not worried about being knocked out, seems like he will have the chance to stand in and land some shots.

Or is the thinking Connor is just going to tire himself chasing Floyd around, and that Floyd will just hit and run successfully all night?

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

He's got huge 10 oz pillows on his hands and he's the best defensive fighter ever. If they were wearing 4 or 6 ounce gloves I'd give Connor some chance of sneaking a punch in early and sleeping him. Boxing is called the sweet science for a reason. Very tactical sport. Connor will be overwhelmed by the footwork and hand speed. He very well might tire out and be TKOd late. All that said, Floyd has even less of a chance against Connor if this was a real fight. That's why Connor doesn't lose at the end of the day. Joe Rogan said something a few days ago that's probably true. He said if you give Connor just one more weapon he'd beat Floyd. He said just give him elbows or knees or let them clinch without the ref stepping in. Don't need a full MMA match just one more rule change in Connors favor and it completely flips the script.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BSLBobPhelan like this

#54 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

He's got huge 10 oz pillows on his hands and he's the best defensive fighter ever. If they were wearing 4 or 6 ounce gloves I'd give Connor some chance of sneaking a punch in early and sleeping him. Boxing is called the sweet science for a reason. Very tactical sport. Connor will be overwhelmed by the footwork and hand speed. He very well might tire out and be TKOd late. All that said, Floyd has even less of a chance against Connor if this was a real fight. That's why Connor doesn't lose at the end of the day. Joe Rogan said something a few days ago that's probably true. He said if you give Connor just one more weapon he'd beat Floyd. He said just give him elbows or knees or let them clinch without the ref stepping in. Don't need a full MMA match just one more rule change in Connors favor and it completely flips the script.

Great post. The bolded is what I think is gonna happen. It's not impossible for Conor to win but I would be beyond shocked if he pulled it off.
@PhelanToTweet

#55 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,827 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

So apparently the racial and homophobic slurs have come out

What a pair of unlikable douche bags. I'll watch for free at BWW I guess but I hope they both somehow lose.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#56 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

So apparently the racial and homophobic slurs have come out
What a pair of unlikable douche bags. I'll watch for free at BWW I guess but I hope they both somehow lose.

What racial slurs?

#57 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,827 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

What racial slurs?

Sorry I misread the quote. Nothing racial. But plenty of stuff said that makes me dislike both
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#58 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Great post. The bolded is what I think is gonna happen. It's not impossible for Conor to win but I would be beyond shocked if he pulled it off.

I can see two realistic outcomes to this fight. One, McGregor throws everything he has, lands a few big shots, gasses out and gets worked the rest of the fight. Two, Mayweather uses the same approach he had with Pac-man. He throws quick combos and runs. And wins a boring decision.

I respect Mayweathers ability. But I hate boring defensive fighters that are ok being a points fighter. Just personal preference. I hated Lennox Lewis for the same reason.

I can almost guarantee that no matter the outcome, one of the two will upload a pic of the two of them together having a great time with everyone's money with nothing but smiles on their faces. This is nothing more than a money grab for both fighters.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 102,206 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

What racial slurs?

McGregor has said, "Dance for me boy," several times. Also was a headline saying he called Mayweather a monkey.

Mayweather called him a 'fag'.

I believe the money grab / hype train angle...  (they didn't go to 4 cities to promote by accident... during the slowest sports week of the year).... but I can believe they've actually got under each other's skin.

If you are McGregor, that could be by design. Trying to get Mayweather to want to fight him.

#60 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,185 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

What racial slurs?
  McGregor has said, "Dance for me boy," several times. Also was a headline saying he called Mayweather a monkey. Mayweather called him a 'fag'. I believe the money grab / hype train angle...  (they didn't go to 4 cities to promote by accident... during the slowest sports week of the year).... but I can believe they've actually got under each other's skin. If you are McGregor, that could be by design. Trying to get Mayweather to want to fight him.
Pretty positive he never called Mayweather a monkey, he did refer to his Jersey Shore looking bodyguards as 'juicehead monkeys'. Also I don't think he was referring to Floyd as 'boy' racially but he could certainly choose his words better. I don't know what's in Conor's heart but I think it's a pretty huge reach to call him racist just based off this world tour. Just my two cents.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@PhelanToTweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners