• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BSLZachSpedden

BSLZachSpedden

Orioles MiL Analyst

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Here are five prospects who could contribute at the major league level this season. 

http://baltimorespor...s-watch-spring/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 108,068 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

It would be easier for the pending roster crunch if Bundy comes up with any 'injury', and the O's stashed him away on the 60 day DL....  but I'm not rooting for that, and don't think that is going to happen.

I think he will be part of the pen when the team breaks North, and if he can stay on a mound for 70-75 innings; I'm excited about what he can bring.

Do think if he is part of the bullpen though, it will be that much harder for Buck to manage things... since he will have to be very cautious with his usage.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 108,068 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

Rickard's path gets interesting, especially if Fowler is signed.

If the O's had to make a trade with Tampa to keep him...  what would be fair compensation to send back?

#4 BSLZachSpedden

BSLZachSpedden

Orioles MiL Analyst

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

It would be easier for the pending roster crunch if Bundy comes up with any 'injury', and the O's stashed him away on the 60 day DL....  but I'm not rooting for that, and don't think that is going to happen.

I think he will be part of the pen when the team breaks North, and if he can stay on a mound for 70-75 innings; I'm excited about what he can bring.

Do think if he is part of the bullpen though, it will be that much harder for Buck to manage things... since he will have to be very cautious with his usage.

One thing that I think Showalter is very capable of is ensuring sure that Bundy does not get up too many times. While the Orioles have to be careful with his innings, there's a separate risk--which is that he warms up too many times within one game and overdoes it on the number of bullpen pitches, which will add additional stress. Some managers overlook that detail, but Showalter has been pretty good about it with the Orioles. 

As for Rickard, it remains to seen what a return would look like. The Rays haven't developed much offensive talent lately, but they seem capable of bringing along players with a similar skill set: Solid defenders, with good speed and average to above average contact skills. Therefore, if they're willing to do a swap, it might be to add to another area, maybe by acquiring a reliever who can pitch in the majors this year, or a younger position player with a similar ceiling. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 108,068 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

One thing that I think Showalter is very capable of is ensuring sure that Bundy does not get up too many times. While the Orioles have to be careful with his innings, there's a separate risk--which is that he warms up too many times within one game and overdoes it on the number of bullpen pitches, which will add additional stress. Some managers overlook that detail, but Showalter has been pretty good about it with the Orioles. 

As for Rickard, it remains to seen what a return would look like. The Rays haven't developed much offensive talent lately, but they seem capable of bringing along players with a similar skill set: Solid defenders, with good speed and average to above average contact skills. Therefore, if they're willing to do a swap, it might be to add to another area, maybe by acquiring a reliever who can pitch in the majors this year, or a younger position player with a similar ceiling. 

Yep, Buck is excellent with that... if he gets someone up, they enter the game. 

He also tries to avoid using guys on back-to-back nights... think that would basically be a rule with Bundy.

#6 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

He's been more than pretty good about it... he's been so good at it that even marginal fans who never even thought about this before now immediately recognize it when he does get somebody up more than once... in terms of fan awareness, it went from zero to top-of-the-list in only a couple Buck-years...

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners