#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,952 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

BSL: http://baltimorespor...yd-olb-georgia/

As for Floyd, for an edge rusher, he plays off the ball...a lot. Versatile as it gets, but not particularly great at any one thing.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLGabeFerguson like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 ShawnBrubaker

ShawnBrubaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:04 PM

I almost think Floyd is a better 4-3 OLB. I was not at all impressed with his pass rushing skills, but his coverage and ability to flow to the football were above reproach. An interesting player, but not really a fit for the Ravens in my mind.

• BSLMikeRandall and BSLGabeFerguson like this
@63brubaker
Ravens Analyst BSL
Fat, lazy, sorry couch quarterback

#3 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,425 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

Agree with Shawn's thoughts and your conclusion's Mike. I don't see him as a fit in Baltimore or anywhere as a 3-4 OLB. He's too slight and not developed enough as a pass-rusher. I think he is best suited as an OLB in a 4-3. Also I didn't realize he was 24. That's a big negative for me.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@gabefergy

#4 ShawnBrubaker

ShawnBrubaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

Agree with Shawn's thoughts and your conclusion's Mike. I don't see him as a fit in Baltimore or anywhere as a 3-4 OLB. He's too slight and not developed enough as a pass-rusher. I think he is best suited as an OLB in a 4-3. Also I didn't realize he was 24. That's a big negative for me.

Good point Gabe. He's pretty raw for 24 as a pass rusher. 

@63brubaker
Ravens Analyst BSL
Fat, lazy, sorry couch quarterback

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,952 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Bumping this thread. I was able to upload the clips. Reading it makes much more sense now. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,952 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Big change here. I had Floyd listed a 6'4", 231 lbs. Somewhere along the line, that has changed to his listed size from the combine as 6'6", 244 lbs. Hate to think I made a typo, not like I was one button off. This was pre-combine. Does his new found size help his case? 

Not for me. If he's so good at edge rushing, why did Georgia not utilize him there more often? I can't get around that. 

Floyd also failed to finish the combine workouts after pulling a hamstring. Then had to quit during his pro day because of an upset stomach. Citing something he had for breakfast. Both cases he avoided having to partake in the bench press and strength is the question mark around the lanky Bulldog. 

To much drama, to many questions...stay far far away on draft day please. Hope someone in the Ravens division wastes the pick on him.

• BSLGabeFerguson likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners