#21 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,849 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

All good. Tyrod isn't an NFL QB and NE's defense isn't awful. Maybe he'll have a decent 2nd half and Gronk can score another TD or two. Either way it was basically 6 on one hand... half dozen on the other.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#22 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,849 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

Any interest in doing a BSL fan duel league one of these weeks?

I'd be down.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#23 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:22 AM

Won a little over $100 with my Fan Duel games wrapping up last night.

The winning lineup that got me 1st place and $100 in a 250 person $2 tournament:

QB: Josh McCown
RB: Joseph Randle
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: James Jones
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Nick Folk
DEF: Chiefs

I obviously totally whiffed on the defense there, but I wish I would've entered this lineup in more contests. I had a couple other decent ones that at least got me in the money.

@Bmore_Irish

#24 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:29 AM

http://www.businessi...scandal-2015-10

Its the wild wild west out there. Be careful. Too many people with too many advantages for my taste.  Also, wouldn't be surprised if something happened like it did with Full Tilt Poker  where the players funds aren't secure. If I won money on there, Id be taking it out as often as possible back down to where you are comfortable losing it all. 

#25 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,407 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

Is the strategy to take lower ranked players to minimize the chance that you're duplicating players that other people have?

So, you'd want to have Ryan Mallett in hopes he goes off for 3 TD's, as well as players like Marcel Reece and the like in hopes that they scrounge enough points to get you high enough on the board to win money.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#26 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,896 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Is the strategy to take lower ranked players to minimize the chance that you're duplicating players that other people have?

So, you'd want to have Ryan Mallett in hopes he goes off for 3 TD's, as well as players like Marcel Reece and the like in hopes that they scrounge enough points to get you high enough on the board to win money.

I think the stars and scrubs is supposed to be the way to go. I read once that a guy that won a million dollar tournament I guess two years back, was the only guy on the whole site that picked Jonas Gray when he came from 4th string to score 4 TDs in that Sunday night game.
@BSLMikeRandall

#27 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,407 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

I think the stars and scrubs is supposed to be the way to go. I read once that a guy that won a million dollar tournament I guess two years back, was the only guy on the whole site that picked Jonas Gray when he came from 4th string to score 4 TDs in that Sunday night game.

I also bet it takes probably at least 10 lineups to find the right mix of stars and scrubs that deliver.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

I also bet it takes probably at least 10 lineups to find the right mix of stars and scrubs that deliver.

Yeah, and these guys with the funds are allowed to put hundreds of different combinations together in the real big tournaments. 

#29 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,271 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

I only do this for NBA. but my general finding is that you have to roll the dice on at least a scrub or two to pair with Harden or LBJ and hope that scrub has a 20-8-8 night or something.

It's really tough. I won a 50 person league once and I think I had Alan Anderson who went off.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#30 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,352 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

I only do this for NBA. but my general finding is that you have to roll the dice on at least a scrub or two to pair with Harden or LBJ and hope that scrub has a 20-8-8 night or something.

It's really tough. I won a 50 person league once and I think I had Alan Anderson who went off.

Agreed. i only do MLB, and won an 839 person contest last Sunday (when most were concentrated on NFL obviously), but had home runs that day from Michael Conforto, JP Realmuto,  and Justin Smoak, a 26 point performance from Luis Severino, and 2 steals from some guy named Rivera on the Brewers. Spent a ton on Donaldson and McCutchen and they went 0-fer. 

@beginthebegin71

#31 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,526 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/c...-fantasy-sports

@BSLRobShields

#32 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

As I said before, if you have money in there, take it out now. It's not even that the Feds won't let you have what's yours. I worry these companies don't have the funds to cover everyone. Like FullTilt Poker.

#33 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I should take my winnings and run.

@Bmore_Irish

#34 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I should take my winnings and run.

Down to what you're comfortable losing should things pop off.

#35 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,526 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

As I said before, if you have money in there, take it out now. It's not even that the Feds won't let you have what's yours. I worry these companies don't have the funds to cover everyone. Like FullTilt Poker.

Well, i think you are kidding yourself if you don't think the gov't won't take your money.  They absolutely would.

So yea, take out what you have.

I have another $20 to play with, which I am doing this week and I am done either way.

@BSLRobShields

#36 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

Well, i think you are kidding yourself if you don't think the gov't won't take your money. They absolutely would.

So yea, take out what you have.

I have another $20 to play with, which I am doing this week and I am done either way.

The Feds let US citizens have the money that they had in poker accounts when they shut down those sites. At least, Pokerstars since they were the only ones to pay out. The IRS may eventually want any cut of winnings, but I'm convinced the government isn't going to take your winnings.

#37 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,526 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

The Feds let US citizens have the money that they had in poker accounts when they shut down those sites. At least, Pokerstars since they were the only ones to pay out. The IRS may eventually want any cut of winnings, but I'm convinced the government isn't going to take your winnings.

To be clear, I don't think they would take it but if they did, it wouldn't be surprising.

@BSLRobShields

#38 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

Deadspin: Nevada Regulators Rule Daily Fantasy Is Gambling, Order Sites To Shut Down In State

Basically, in order for the sites to be approved in Nevada they would have to admit that what they do is gambling.

@DJ_McCann

#39 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,896 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

Deadspin: Nevada Regulators Rule Daily Fantasy Is Gambling, Order Sites To Shut Down In State

Basically, in order for the sites to be approved in Nevada they would have to admit that what they do is gambling.

So if it is gambling, it would only be able to exist for Nevada residents. Is that what I gather?
@BSLMikeRandall

#40 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:03 PM

So if it is gambling, it would only be able to exist for Nevada residents. Is that what I gather?

Apparently, some states (read as: the ones who've banned DFS) already have their own leagues going. So that should tell you a lot about this whole shakedown.

Not that these DFS leagues don't have their own shady practices, as evidenced by the whole "insider trading" scandal that's started this, but color me skeptical about the real motivation behind what's going on.

@Bmore_Irish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners