#4141 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

Damn, Tyrelle Pryor is fighting for his life after being stabbed last night.

He had surgery this morning.

Sounds like he's on the mend. But yikes, this story isn't over by any stretch.

#4142 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,811 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

Yea, he got arrested. Crazy.
@BSLRobShields

#4143 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,966 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:00 PM

This is hardly a rant. I’m very happy and grateful and lucky.

My mom got four suite tickets through her work for the Ravens game last night. First time being in a suite for a game there. Again. Super grateful. Free food was really damn good for stadium eats. Open bar. No line for the bathroom.

Apparently her company shares the suite with five other companies who each get 4 tickets. So it’s 24 people up there, we don’t know any of them. It’s tight quarters. I think it was more like 30-35 people in there.

There are 18 outside seats, and by seats it’s like small desk chairs, steel folding chairs, and bar stools. There are 6 bar stools inside the suite on the window. The companies rotate who gets to sit where each game. We got to sit outside, but the hard plastic seats in the rest of the stadium would have been more comfortable and spacious.

I couldn’t stand up because the people behind you want to sit. I’m glad it wasn’t her companies turn to sit behind the glass where you can’t hear the game ambiance. Nobody cheers, or chants or gets loud on 3rd down.

I get it. Having a suite is a materialistic thing. It’s to impress clients or boost employee morale or whatever. But tailgating and sitting with the rowdy fans and not having a voice the next day is still the best football experience.

I’m shocked that the money for a suite doesn’t come with a fixed “seat” for each person. It does at the Caps games.

Free ticket though. I’ll sit on a bike seat for free admission and all the amenities. But I would not pay the outrageous money for it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4144 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,509 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

This is hardly a rant. I’m very happy and grateful and lucky.

My mom got four suite tickets through her work for the Ravens game last night. First time being in a suite for a game there. Again. Super grateful. Free food was really damn good for stadium eats. Open bar. No line for the bathroom.

Apparently her company shares the suite with five other companies who each get 4 tickets. So it’s 24 people up there, we don’t know any of them. It’s tight quarters. I think it was more like 30-35 people in there.

There are 18 outside seats, and by seats it’s like small desk chairs, steel folding chairs, and bar stools. There are 6 bar stools inside the suite on the window. The companies rotate who gets to sit where each game. We got to sit outside, but the hard plastic seats in the rest of the stadium would have been more comfortable and spacious.

I couldn’t stand up because the people behind you want to sit. I’m glad it wasn’t her companies turn to sit behind the glass where you can’t hear the game ambiance. Nobody cheers, or chants or gets loud on 3rd down.

I get it. Having a suite is a materialistic thing. It’s to impress clients or boost employee morale or whatever. But tailgating and sitting with the rowdy fans and not having a voice the next day is still the best football experience.

I’m shocked that the money for a suite doesn’t come with a fixed “seat” for each person. It does at the Caps games.

Free ticket though. I’ll sit on a bike seat for free admission and all the amenities. But I would not pay the outrageous money for it.

I've been in a suite a few times for a game and agree. The free food and drinks and bathroom right there are great but it's not how football is supposed to be watched in person.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4145 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

Do I really have to hear about Bronny James' HS highlights for the next 4 years?

#4146 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,811 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:46 AM

Yes

And then he’ll probably go to Duke.
@BSLRobShields

#4147 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,509 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:47 AM

Don't get me wrong, I like some Christmas music. But it has to be on my terms. As in, when I feel like hearing it and what kind of Christmas music I wanna hear. We've got random people taking it upon themselves to play Christmas music on their computer at work and one lady is humming along loudly to it. Not the worst thing to happen but it's inescapable.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4148 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,718 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

I loathe the overwhelming majority of Christmas music.  Worked in a bagel shop in high school and they started playing the Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.  Forever tainted for me.  

A couple songs here or there that don't bother me when I hear them.  But very few.

• Ricker Says likes this

#4149 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,811 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:55 AM

I listen to it all month long and am good with it...but I’m picky about it and most of the stuff that is done now, sucks imo.
@BSLRobShields

#4150 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,966 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

I loathe the overwhelming majority of Christmas music.  Worked in a bagel shop in high school and they started playing the Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.  Forever tainted for me.  

A couple songs here or there that don't bother me when I hear them.  But very few.

At Cheesecake Factory they weave in some Christmas songs with their typical soundtrack so it's like a 50/50 split. 

I like the classic Christmas songs this time of year. But I swear at work last night they played some version of "Last Christmas" at least 8 times. I now hate that song. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4151 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,509 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

Yeah the classic stuff is OK with me. And it's easier to tune out.

#4152 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 120,118 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

I remember working at Hechts and they would start before Halloween. Made some songs unbearable.

#4153 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:56 PM

I love Christmas music. And like...the Christmas -stuff-. Love it to death. 

But I've been working so much that I can't enjoy it. LOL. My wife/son have been doing most of the holiday stuff, and I feel like I'm missing out. 

• BSLSethBondroff and DJ MC like this

#4154 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,395 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:15 PM

Do I really have to hear about Bronny James' HS highlights for the next 4 years?

Nickle, is that really you???

:)

@beginthebegin71

#4155 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,395 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

I love Christmas music. And like...the Christmas -stuff-. Love it to death. 

But I've been working so much that I can't enjoy it. LOL. My wife/son have been doing most of the holiday stuff, and I feel like I'm missing out. 

This Jew agrees 100%

Can't get enough of it. 

• BSLRobShields and Ricker Says like this
@beginthebegin71

#4156 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:22 PM

The only Christmas music you need:

@fuzydunlop

#4157 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

The greatest Christmas song.

Long live Dance Dance Revolution!

#4158 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:46 AM

Nickle, is that really you???

:)

Nickle and I agreed on a lot of things.  And disagreed on a lot of things.  I'm just nicer about it :)

I don't care to hear about this kids high school for the next 4 years.  Call me when he's a senior in HS.

• BSLSethBondroff likes this

#4159 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Now THIS is Christmas music.

@BSLZackKiesel

#4160 Nigel Tufnel