#4101 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

I'm the idiot that's allergic to tree nuts...that eats a sweet from Mumbai without asking what's in it. 

It was -entirely- made of cashews.

Took two Benedryl and my throat almost swole shut, but...seriously...I'm an idiot.

(I'm only lightly allergic, but it was SO MUCH that I had an awful reaction. Yikes.)

#4102 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

Time for the US military to do some destruction...

https://www.cbsnews....ack-2019-11-05/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4103 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:27 AM

"I'm not committing the murders and that's what people need to understand," Mayor Bernard C. "Jack" Young told WBAL-TV 11. "The police commissioner is not committing it, the council is not committing it. How can you fault leadership? It's been five years of 300 plus murders. I don't see it as a lack of leadership."

If this is too political feel free to delete it, but my goodness Mayor Young sounds like an absolute moron for saying this.

• Nigel Tufnel and Mark Carver like this

#4104 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:46 AM

If this is too political feel free to delete it, but my goodness Mayor Young sounds like an absolute moron for saying this.

Clearly not having public boxing matches is the reason murders haven't stopped.

https://baltimore.cb...d-street-beefs/

Or more cold weather is needed.

https://www.reddit.c...will_keep_gang/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4105 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,213 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:48 AM

I get where it comes from, as it's clearly just pure frustration and he hasn't been on the job long. But yeah, if you're going to be a politician who wants to get the credit when good things happen--whether or not you had much to do with them--you are also going to get the blame when bad things happen under the same circumstances.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@DJ_McCann

#4106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,303 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

It's a ridiculous quote, and another example of why he has zero support from anywhere.... it was 'fine' for him to be a caretaker for the position, but it's crazy to see him running. He's way out of his element. 

• DuffMan likes this

#4107 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,213 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:54 AM

Or more cold weather is needed.

https://www.reddit.c...will_keep_gang/

• DuffMan likes this
@DJ_McCann

#4108 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,067 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

He wanted gang members to box.

He said last week that they hope cold weather helps with the violence.

Now this.

He’s literally a dumb person, at least when it comes to being a mayor.

He either says or does idiotic things on a pretty regular basis.
@BSLRobShields

#4109 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:34 AM

His comments as mayor make we wonder how he was even elected as the head of the city council.

#4110 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,067 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

His comments as mayor make we wonder how he was even elected as the head of the city council.

Pay offs?
@BSLRobShields

#4111 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,303 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

Ran for his district, wanted to help...   maybe fine in that capacity.  Reelected with name recognition.  Progressing to Head of City Council due to Seniority. 

By all accounts, an affable guy that wants to do things right, but is just in over his head. 

#4112 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

It's a ridiculous quote, and another example of why he has zero support from anywhere.... it was 'fine' for him to be a caretaker for the position, but it's crazy to see him running. He's way out of his element. 

Yeah I'm not even sure who told him that trying to run would be ok. Surely he was told from several people that there's no way he would win. 

He'd "win" on his own by just saying "man, this isn't for me" and finding a job elsewhere in Baltimore. Everybody would understand, and would just say that the job was too big for him. Now it looks like he's just a dumbass.

#4113 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,067 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

He still may win
@BSLRobShields

#4114 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,786 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:11 PM

Nah, my money is on TJ Smith.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4115 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,594 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

Cool, so we can talk politics now!
  • The Epic likes this

#4116 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

YES!!!!!!!!

USA! USA! USA!

#4117 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,303 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:12 PM

I vacillate by the day.  Now and then I find myself breaking my own rule. Either by allowing occassional discussions (that aren't tangibly sports related) or by jumping in to those discussions myself like I did here. 

If I break my own rule, the board is welcome to jump in on that topic. 

Having a politics / social issue section didn't work great... there was discussion, but ran people off. 

I continue to mostly think people (particularly now) need a place which is a respite from all of the political / social discussions elsewhere. 

I certainly don't think most people are going to convince others of their opinions. When I see such discussion on Facebook, etc; it's mostly an echo chamber to people's respective audiences. 

That said, at-least part of me thinks it's harder having a stick to sports policy vs. just opening up discussion to everything. 

Lastly I'm balancing financial considerations as many of the companies / organizations I'm partnered with would not want to see either my opinions, or the opinions of others here on the board. 

#4118 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,160 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Take the money, Stoner!
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#4119 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,594 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

I wasn't being serious with my post in terms of thinking we could talk politics or that we should. Now in terms of the aforementioned inconsistency, yeah, that can be annoying to me.

#4120 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,067 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

If we do a politics forum again, is there a way to be able to ignore a forum and not even have it pop up on your screen?
@BSLRobShields

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners