4031 replies to this topic

#4001 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:58 AM

Did you have lugnut locks on it? Just curious...that may have helped prevent this but there are ways around them too.

Actually turns out I didn't have the locking lugnuts.  I thought they came standard and that I had the special key with my spare, but they're actually all just normal lugs.  So maybe that would have helped.  I've ordered new ones for the new wheels.  I also did not purchase OEM wheels, maybe off-brand wheels will be less desirable of a target.  This happening once doesn't grind my gears too badly, but if I go through the hassle of getting new wheels and tires and then they are stolen again in two weeks that's really gonna piss me off.

#4002 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:05 AM

Since the police seem disinterested maybe you can just steal 4 from someone else. ;)

Seriously though, that sucks. Certainly not one of the cheaper things to replace.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4003 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:10 AM

A car-savvy buddy came over last night and helped me get it up on blocks so that it's at least more secure than the plastic crates the thieves left it on and I don't have to fret about it completely falling off and onto the ground.  There is definite damage to both rocker panels where they had left the car on the plastic crates.  And possible damage to the dust covers behind the front rotors.  Rotors fortunately did not touch the ground so look ok.  Insurance should cover all that, but it'll be another day or so that the car is out of use to get that fixed.

#4004 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,331 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

Actually turns out I didn't have the locking lugnuts.  I thought they came standard and that I had the special key with my spare, but they're actually all just normal lugs.  So maybe that would have helped.  I've ordered new ones for the new wheels.  I also did not purchase OEM wheels, maybe off-brand wheels will be less desirable of a target.  This happening once doesn't grind my gears too badly, but if I go through the hassle of getting new wheels and tires and then they are stolen again in two weeks that's really gonna piss me off.

Probably for the best.

My sister bought a new car within the last year and lives in Fed Hill and it has already been sideswiped twice.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4005 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

Well this is pretty cringe-inducing for me...

https://www.wmar2new...s-from-vehicles

#4006 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,331 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:32 AM

Ugh.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4007 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

That is disheartening.

I'd be thinking about moving. Not because of the crime, but mainly because those that serve and protect, DGAF.

How about you patrol the streets and be a presence instead of sleeping in your squad car.

@BSLMikeRandall

#4008 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

I meant that it's cringe-inducing watching myself talk.

#4009 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

You sounded normal to me (although you're no Parth Patel).

#4010 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

I thought you meant that we all now know your name is Donald.
  • Mackus, BSLChrisBacon and BSLMikeRandall like this

@fuzydunlop

#4011 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,069 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

A guy in my fantasy league has both Yelich and Bellinger.

I'm afraid he's going to win.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4012 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:23 PM

Amazon shipping is failing...

On Monday 7/15, I ordered a 2 pack of Phillips Smart Bulbs. It arrived Wednesday. The product box was in a shipping box, but no fill material so the product box just bounce around in the shipping box. The post office also left it on my front steps. And of course that was day of the heavy rains. Thus, the shipping box and product box was drenched when I got it. I called and they gave me a full refund and said don't worry about sending it back.

On Thursday 7/18. I ordered a Phillips Smart Bulb Starter Kit. It arrived today, Saturday. The person that picked the order just slapped a shipping label onto the product box and out it went. There are visible signs on some of the corners of wear. I called to complain of how it was shipped and that the items could be damaged. They gave me back $25 and said they would note on the order how it arrived.

:mad:

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4013 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

Go to work and get the crap beat out of you just walking the streets of Baltimore... a 59 yr old male, civilian employee of BPD.

https://twitter.com/...594791994343424

I still have a brother that lives in the Hamilton area and travel down once in a while, but other than that, forget about it.

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4014 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,331 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

Go to work and get the crap beat out of you just walking the streets of Baltimore... a 59 yr old male, civilian employee of BPD.

https://twitter.com/...594791994343424

I still have a brother that lives in the Hamilton area and travel down once in a while, but other than that, forget about it.

I saw that. Looks like the perps were riding Lime scooters. Shouldn't be hard to find them.

A woman carrying a 5 month old was robbed and pistol whipped in Fed Hill earlier this week.

SMH

#4015 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,145 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:40 PM

One of my dogs unexpectedly died today. Always healthy, seemingly nothing wrong and then boom, dead.

Fucking gut punch.
@BSLRobShields

#4016 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:10 PM

Awful, Rob. Sorry for your pooch and your family. You had shepherds right? Great dogs.
  • BSLRobShields likes this

#4017 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,145 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

Awful, Rob. Sorry for your pooch and your family. You had shepherds right? Great dogs.

I have a shepherd and he’s still alive.

My other dog was a Bullmastiff. Really healthy dog(or so I thought and how he acted) and all of a sudden, he goes downhill in the matter of hours.
@BSLRobShields

#4018 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:19 PM

Sorry to hear that Rob. Pets are family members too so it’s always a gut punch when we lose one.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4019 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,331 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

That sucks Rob. I'm sorry for your sudden loss.

#4020 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,231 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:08 AM

Really sorry Rob. Just awful. Hang in there man.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners