4036 replies to this topic

#3941 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

I was walking around the harbor today, and I saw three policemen riding around in a golf cart, so I suppose that's a start.

#3942 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

I was walking around the harbor today, and I saw three policemen riding around in a golf cart, so I suppose that's a start.

They got segways too. At least I think they still do. 

And they're hilarious.

• BSLRobShields and Nigel Tufnel like this

#3943 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

There are shit people in any profession, including cops.

1. In most professions, the shit people are just causing headaches for others, not injury, death, or deprivation of rights.

2. In most professions, the shit people are not defended with a code of omertà.

@DJ_McCann

#3944 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,119 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

1. In most professions, the shit people are just causing headaches for others, not injury, death, or deprivation of rights.

2. In most professions, the shit people are not defended with a code of omertà.

Or the code of 'Murica.

• DJ MC likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#3945 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

2. In most professions, the shit people are not defended with a code of omertà.

In most professions, they don’t put their lives on the line to protect you. In most professions, they aren’t shot at, stabbed, run over, etc...to protect you.

In most professions, you have a support system that isn’t crumbling around you.
@BSLRobShields

#3946 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

In most professions, they don’t put their lives on the line to protect you. In most professions, they aren’t shot at, stabbed, run over, etc...to protect you.

That is absolutely no excuse. In fact, since those activities are criminal, law enforcement should want to avoid being associated with those acts, and those who commit them.

@DJ_McCann

#3947 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

In most professions, you have a support system that isn’t crumbling around you.

That's irrelevant here. Not saying it isn't dangerous, but if you signed up for this and you're either incompetent or malicious, the issues are magnified for good reason. The danger and responsibility ingrained in this profession require the best people at their job. 

And I'd argue that the lack of a support system is based on them finally being called out on their shit and not knowing any other way. But if that's the case, then, erm, they gotta find new guys. 

(I also think a rise in officer pay would help, but that's another issue entirely)

#3948 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

That's irrelevant here. Not saying it isn't dangerous, but if you signed up for this and you're either incompetent or malicious, the issues are magnified for good reason. The danger and responsibility ingrained in this profession require the best people at their job.

And I'd argue that the lack of a support system is based on them finally being called out on their shit and not knowing any other way. But if that's the case, then, erm, they gotta find new guys.

(I also think a rise in officer pay would help, but that's another issue entirely)

DJs post, per usual, was also irrelevant then.
@BSLRobShields

#3949 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

That's irrelevant here. Not saying it isn't dangerous, but if you signed up for this and you're either incompetent or malicious, the issues are magnified for good reason. The danger and responsibility ingrained in this profession require the best people at their job.

And the lack of support system is what the budget is. Dispatchers not following up...no equipment, no cars, etc..that’s what I’m talking about.
@BSLRobShields

#3950 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

That is absolutely no excuse. In fact, since those activities are criminal, law enforcement should want to avoid being associated with those acts, and those who commit them.

This is so stupid..which follows suit to the rest of your posts.

You want to slam on a whole profession for a few.

Being a cop is hard..sure it’s their choice..it’s also the choice of someone to be a teacher and yet we have to hear about hard they have it. Everyone makes that choice in their professions but it doesn’t take away from the fact that their lives are in danger every time they go to work.

You are dealing with fucked up people all the time, people who want to kill you and people who have no respect for you.

We have no idea what that’s like.
@BSLRobShields

#3951 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,119 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:58 PM

This is so stupid..which follows suit to the rest of your posts.

You want to slam on a whole profession for a few.

Being a cop is hard..sure it’s their choice..it’s also the choice of someone to be a teacher and yet we have to hear about hard they have it. Everyone makes that choice in their professions but it doesn’t take away from the fact that their lives are in danger every time they go to work.

You are dealing with fucked up people all the time, people who want to kill you and people who have no respect for you.

We have no idea what that’s like.

You can have an adult conversation without resorting to insults, so cut those out.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#3952 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,349 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

300 murders happening in this city every year and all people can lose their shit over is some teens fighting each other in the Inner Harbor. SMH

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3953 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,119 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

300 murders happening in this city every year and all people can lose their shit over is some teens fighting each other in the Inner Harbor. SMH

I was almost a little surprised when I was reading the most violent cities list from last year. Detroit, St. Louis, Memphis, Bmore, expected those, but like Little Rock, Milwaukee, Rockford, IL some of those were kinda surprising. You hear a bunch nationally about the usual suspects, but don't hear much about the others.

@JeremyMStrain

#3954 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,138 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

I was almost a little surprised when I was reading the most violent cities list from last year. Detroit, St. Louis, Memphis, Bmore, expected those, but like Little Rock, Milwaukee, Rockford, IL some of those were kinda surprising. You hear a bunch nationally about the usual suspects, but don't hear much about the others.

Milwaukee?

That’s Algonquin for, The Good Land.
  • glenn__davis likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#3955 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 111,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:04 PM

Balt Sun: Two sides to Saturday's Inner Harbor incident — and a path forward
https://www.baltimor...d4uHG6skc76TSo8

Editorial. 

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#3956 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

BPD video released using body-worn cameras and CitiWatch

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#3957 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

DJs post, per usual, was also irrelevant then.

I just saw this. I'm saying that your response is irrelevant to what he said, not that what you said is irrelevant in and of itself. But either way I think we're past that in the other responses. I just wanted to note that I totally missed this response. 

Also, in response to something else, totally believe that more funds are needed for police work. Even if the cops are needlessly wasting them (which is another issue entirely), it's still needed. 

#3958 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

Milwaukee is -really- bad, and notoriously segregated. And the police/community relationship there is pretty strained, as well, which...well, segregation. NPR has done a couple of specials about the area, I believe. Nobody thinks of Wisconsin as...well, anything like this, really.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#3959 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

BPD video released using body-worn cameras and CitiWatch

Just kids having fun...nothing to see here.  LOL

@BSLRobShields

#3960 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

In their defense, those murders are happening...you know...over there, and not in the Harbor. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners