#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,138 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

http://baltimorespor...s-duds-falcons/

Next week it's for real. In this final tune up, who stood out, and who stood out for the wrong reasons. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

Agree with almost everything. Brown has played well, but so has Orr. Wonder if there is any way both make the team?

Marlon Brown may have forced the Ravens to go with 6 WR's.

Carl Davis is going to be really good.

I really hope Forsett stays healthy again, LT is injured and after him it has looked pretty bleak.

Asa Jackson... this guy. Explodes for great returns, and completely ruins it with stupid mistakes. If Campanaro is healthy, I think Jackson is long gone.

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

Marlon Brown was always making the team.

Orr and Brown will make the team.
@BSLRobShields

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,138 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

Marlon Brown was always making the team.

Orr and Brown will make the team.

They will now. Orr wasnt one of my bubble guys. I had him in. I dont think Brown was a slam dunk. Its basically him and Butler for the last spot and it was Browns to lose. He didn't lose it tonight. They both make it with Perriman likely out til god knows when. They need to announce a time table soon right?
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:22 AM

They will now. Orr wasnt one of my bubble guys. I had him in. I dont think Brown was a slam dunk. Its basically him and Butler for the last spot and it was Browns to lose. He didn't lose it tonight. They both make it with Perriman likely out til god knows when. They need to announce a time table soon right?

Not really sure how a couple of days turned into all of the preseason. I tore my ACL and didn't get surgery on it and I was up and walking around like normal on it in 4 weeks. Not sure how a "minor" PCL sprain is keeping a world class athlete out this long. Hope this isn't an indicator of his normal healing times.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#6 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

Did Myers lose his spot tonight? That was an ugly game from him on all fronts. The blow up/missed assignment on the Allen play inside the 10. The roughing call. 

I thought Davis was kind of mailing it in a bit until he got that roughing the passer call. I don't blame him, free hit on the QB, go hit the guy. But it was a dumb play. He played inspired after that. If they can really get his motor going a Jernigan/Williams/Davis line for the next few years is going to be incredible. 

I think Magee is headed for the PS first, the Ravens will wait and see what happens and maybe move him and Touissant there because they know they can get them there. And then call up Toussaint if they need him after Game 1. 

I'm really interested to see if Taliaferro and/or Perriman end up dressed for Week 1. Sounds like KO, Monroe and Williams all should be ready. 

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#7 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,349 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

Did Myers lose his spot tonight? That was an ugly game from him on all fronts. The blow up/missed assignment on the Allen play inside the 10. The roughing call. 

I thought Davis was kind of mailing it in a bit until he got that roughing the passer call. I don't blame him, free hit on the QB, go hit the guy. But it was a dumb play. He played inspired after that. If they can really get his motor going a Jernigan/Williams/Davis line for the next few years is going to be incredible. 

I think Magee is headed for the PS first, the Ravens will wait and see what happens and maybe move him and Touissant there because they know they can get them there. And then call up Toussaint if they need him after Game 1. 

I'm really interested to see if Taliaferro and/or Perriman end up dressed for Week 1. Sounds like KO, Monroe and Williams all should be ready. 

I doubt Perriman will be active.

Hasn't practiced since first week of camp. Hasn't been running...not looking good.

Have to wonder how much he will contribute this year, if at all.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

LT won't dress for week 1.
@BSLRobShields

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

I doubt Perriman will be active.

Hasn't practiced since first week of camp. Hasn't been running...not looking good.

Have to wonder how much he will contribute this year, if at all.

If it's a more serious injury, I really wish they'd just come out and say it. This whole only a few days,oh well now a few weeks. Oh his knee is normal,it's a mild injury, BS is getting annoying.

If it is just a minor PCL sprain as they've been saying, tell the kid to take his midol and get out there and play football.

#10 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

Perrimans biggest attribute right now is speed. You don't rush him back because of that.

Remember, part of Mannys injuries have been centered around the PCL.

Harbaugh did say the injury has taken longer than they expected.
@BSLRobShields

#11 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,235 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

It sucks that Perriman and Maxx were basically inactive all of training camp and pre season. Especially as rookies. That's really bad luck. And very frustrating.
  • BSLChrisStoner, Greg Pappas, jkough1 and 1 other like this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#12 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:53 AM

The total of eight is misleading because the Ravens have to carry Urban on the 53-man roster for a day before putting him on the short-term injured reserve list. When he goes, that will leave seven, which is a lot, but they need an extra player here for now because several key guys are dealing with injuries. That opens the door for Bilukidi, a veteran who had a strong game Thursday night.

http://www.baltimore...f2-5061952bffac

Seriously one DL is banged up and might be probable/questionable for Week 1 and we're saying "several key guys are dealing with injuries"?

This type of quote is feeding into our depth issues that I've been talking about. It's likely the 7th or 8th if we carry an 8th guy two of them won't dress on game day. And it's likely at least the last guy in (even with Jernigan's injury) won't dress either. Especially once Perriman comes back. 

Look at least year's snap counts, Guy while going largely unrecognized played nearly 20% of the snaps last year. Tyson played 18% of snaps last year...Williams played 50% last year, I'd expect him to play more like the 67% Ngata did in games he played last year. Canty got 30% of snaps. And Jernigan a scant 26%. Even if Jernigan moved to 40% which in health would seem reasonable. Add Davis as a replacement into that mix and we're going to be just fine there. 

http://russellstreet...defensive-line/

#13 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:01 AM

It sucks that Perriman and Maxx were basically inactive all of training camp and pre season. Especially as rookies. That's really bad luck. And very frustrating.

Williams played way more of the preseason than I think you're indicating here though. He got into two live games, played a lot of snaps. Missed a week and then came back in a non-contact practice jersey. In the games he was in, he played a lot of two TE sets with Gillmore. And he looked solid and didn't look lost. I think he makes a significant impact this year and plays right in line with what you'd expect from a "good rookie". If we were playing in games, he'd be going full strength instead of the non-contact stuff. 

Perriman is the bigger bummer. He looked good while he was around and then completely lost his handle on the offense. A one dimensional go route guy for 8 weeks isn't all bad, and frankly that's all Torrey was for his first 8 weeks (remember the epic St. Louis game where they just couldn't stay behind him). I could see him being used for 10-15 snaps a game for the first 3-4 games he's in and still being a useful scheme piece for Trestman. 

The KO achilles and Monroe's durability are my biggest concerns. While Perriman/Williams are impact skill guys, if we can keep the ground game churning, we can wait for those guys to catch up. 

#14 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Perrimans biggest attribute right now is speed. You don't rush him back because of that.

Remember, part of Mannys injuries have been centered around the PCL.

Harbaugh did say the injury has taken longer than they expected.

It was spoken out of frustration. But even so, I had a complete tear of my ACL, and without surgery (didn't think I tore it, just thought it was a bad sprain) I was up and running full speed sprints for my workouts in 6 weeks. I know everyone's body is different, but damn dude, you're a world class athlete and I'm a joe schmoe, it shouldn't take you that long to recover from a minor sprain.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,175 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

You're obviously tougher than Breshad. Lack of grit is the only logical explanation of why he isn't playing.

Sorry, that's a bit harsher than I wanted to sound. But I think it's very rarely justified to accuse guys of not doing everything they can to get back on the field. Do you really think a guy is milking an injury that will delay when he gets to play in his first NFL game?

#16 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

You're obviously tougher than Breshad. Lack of grit is the only logical explanation of why he isn't playing.

Sorry, that's a bit harsher than I wanted to sound. But I think it's very rarely justified to accuse guys of not doing everything they can to get back on the field. Do you really think a guy is milking an injury that will delay when he gets to play in his first NFL game?

I know it's sarcasm, or I hope it was, but it wasn't meant to say I was tougher. Moreso that his recovery time is ridiculously slow.

And no,I don't think he's milking it. I think the doctors and/or Perriman are being overly cautious. They said he isn't even running yet. That's worrisome.

#17 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

I know it's just pre-season, but Carl Davis might turn out to be a steal.  Sometimes motor concerns with those big DTs in college aren't true concerns, they're just big dudes playing 60-80 snaps a game.  They aren't asked to do that in the league, thus they can play.  Seems like Davis is one of those types.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeRandall like this

#18 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,138 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

I know it's sarcasm, or I hope it was, but it wasn't meant to say I was tougher. Moreso that his recovery time is ridiculously slow.

And no,I don't think he's milking it. I think the doctors and/or Perriman are being overly cautious. They said he isn't even running yet. That's worrisome.

Perriman must be going to the Todd Heap physical therapy center. Love Todd, but the dude would be out for ten weeks with a stubbed toe.
  • Biggsy likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#19 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:08 AM

It's got to be this.

I can't remember a preseason where the Ravens starters played less. We got ravaged by injuries and the Ravens really took the foot off the pedal in regards to getting guys up to speed if you ask me this year. 

#20 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

You guys remember which receiver people were questioning and was slow to get on the field last year? ODB.

Yeah, I just made that comparison.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

@Bmore_Irish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners