#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

http://baltimorespor...d-rb-prospects/

Some of the prospects in the middle rounds at the RB position where the Ravens have six picks at their disposal. RB all of sudden becoming a position of need with just two viable options projected to make the 53-man roster. 

Take a look, but I honestly think only one is a fit for Baltimore, and I'm not sure he would even pan out. Do you take a better RB earlier, second round? Or wait for the later rounds, sixth or seventh and hope for the best?

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Not really a fan of any of those players. At this point, if we want a legit RB prospect, we're going to have to jump on one in rounds 2 or 3. From the visits, it's looking like David Johnson. And I wouldn't be mad about that. He came in second on all explosion based drills at the combine, right behind the man I really want, Amir Abdullah.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

Not really a fan of any of those players. At this point, if we want a legit RB prospect, we're going to have to jump on one in rounds 2 or 3. From the visits, it's looking like David Johnson. And I wouldn't be mad about that. He came in second on all explosion based drills at the combine, right behind the man I really want, Amir Abdullah.

I wonder if Johnson is a guy the Ravens would take some of their picks to move up to get. If they still project him as a third rounder (Early third likely at this point) The Ravens could move up 10 spots in the third for their fourth round pick. Could move up 12 spots for their fourth and sixth round picks. Could move up 15 spots for their fourth and fifth round picks.

• Biggsy likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

I wonder if Johnson is a guy the Ravens would take some of their picks to move up to get. If they still project him as a third rounder (Early third likely at this point) The Ravens could move up 10 spots in the third for their fourth round pick. Could move up 12 spots for their fourth and sixth round picks. Could move up 15 spots for their fourth and fifth round picks.

That was my thought as well. We saw it last year with Taliaferro as far as the interest. I'm thinking the same with Johnson. Except I like Johnson a whole lot more. He just seems to have the explosion you want in a zone blocking scheme.

#5 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,056 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

I think Buck Allen has potential to be a good back. He has good size and is explosive in the open field. He's a decent threat to catch the ball out of the backfield as well. 

I'd like to see a bit more power from him, but he does show nice balance and agility. Agree that his vision isn't the best. He reminds me a lot of Melvin Gordon, but not quite as strong and he lacks the elite burst Gordon possesses.

@gabefergy

#6 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,056 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Another name to keep an eye on is David Cobb. He was a true workhorse at Minnesota and has ideal size for the position. I like his toughness and ability to cut quickly and decisively. He ran a poor 40 at the combine as he pulled up lame, but that might drop him into the 4th round range where the Ravens could get a steal. 

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners