#61 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

The difference I see with Texas is Barnes wasn't someone capable of building something elite and yet they still had success.

Shaka can build something elite.

Can Mack or Miller?  

They weren't much before Barnes (some success under Penders, but i think 1 Elite Eight was their best run), and Barnes ddi take them to a Final Four. Obviously not the same success Donovan had at Florida though. 

My jury's still out on Texas, but Shaka was an excellent choice. 

Despite all of Billy the Kid's success, is Florida looked at as an "elite" Basketball job? I say no. 

We'll see. 

@beginthebegin71

#62 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

All of this elite program stuff isn't terribly meaningful to me in the end. It comes down to players and coaches. There are very, very few actual elite jobs. All of the other programs have certain advantages/disadvantages based on geography and various other resources.

But the beauty of college basketball, is that it comes down to talent and coaching. There wouldn't have been a person on the planet that would have predicted 2 titles for Florida a decade ago.

Look at what Marshall is doing with Wichita St. Miller with Dayton. Mack with Xavier. Shaka at VCU. There are tons of examples like that.

So to me, will Florida be a good program moving forward? Depends on who they hire. No real need to analyze it any further than that. I know it's simplistic though.

• BSLSethBondroff and Chris B like this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#63 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

All of this elite program stuff isn't terribly meaningful to me in the end. It comes down to players and coaches. There are very, very few actual elite jobs. All of the other programs have certain advantages/disadvantages based on geography and various other resources.

But the beauty of college basketball, is that it comes down to talent and coaching. There wouldn't have been a person on the planet that would have predicted 2 titles for Florida a decade ago.

Look at what Marshall is doing with Wichita St. Miller with Dayton. Mack with Xavier. Shaka at VCU. There are tons of examples like that.

So to me, will Florida be a good program moving forward? Depends on who they hire. No real need to analyze it any further than that. I know it's simplistic though.

Too rational, Ricker. Sorry. :)

@beginthebegin71

#64 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,442 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

Florida AD said he's taking his handy dandy time with this

#65 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,442 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

@YahooForde: Y sources: Louisiana Tech's Michael White emerges as leading candidate to replace Billy Donovan at Florida. http://t.co/q3HmBJ9AQh

#66 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,442 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

@GaryParrishCBS: Florida has hired Louisiana Tech's Mike White.

That was fast

#67 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,442 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Alllllllll aboooooooard!!!

@SportsCenter: John Calipari has made it known to Pelicans officials that he's interested in the team's head-coaching job. (via http://t.co/ayXbvvBxjy)

#68 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,442 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

ISU hired Steve Prohm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners