24 replies to this topic

#21 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:37 AM

On this day in 1986, the great Len Bias died. He was one of the greatest players I had ever seen. Simply amazing. He was Superman on the floor.

D9a2GLIW4AAmH_e.jpg

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,691 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

On this day in 1986, the great Len Bias died. He was one of the greatest players I had ever seen. Simply amazing. He was Superman on the floor.

D9a2GLIW4AAmH_e.jpg

The best CBB player, I have ever seen in person.

I am biased, but in my view Lenny was better in CBB, then the greatest player, I have ever seen, Michael Jordan.

It still saddens me to this day, that Lenny blew it all.

@mikeghg

#23 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

D9a2GLIW4AAmH_e.jpg

Great photo!   Look at the elevation on that jump shot!

#24 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

Great photo!   Look at the elevation on that jump shot!

Yeah, compared to Bias, that #23 guy from Carolina looks like he can't jump at all - poor guy, wonder if he ever amounted to anything.

#25 mdrunning

mdrunning

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:30 AM

He was going to the Celtics, the best team in the league at that time. With that team, Lenny wouldn't have had to be great right away; he could have been brought along slowly at about 20 or so minutes per game to start. Bias was the "juice" the Celtics didn't have; his skill sets were unlike anyone else on that team at the time. He had that swagger about him; he'd have fit in perfectly with the Celtics.

What could have been. Instead, age and injuries began to creep up on the Celtics as they struggled through that season, barely surviving the Eastern Conference playoffs. Would Bias have made enough of a difference in the Finals that year against the Lakers? Sadly, we'll never know. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners