#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,143 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

http://baltimorespor...uwa-deolb-ucla/

The worst part about this draft pick is having to type his name out in articles. 

But seriously. Edge rusher isn't an immediate need. But you have to think farther out than 2015. Suggs and Dumervil appear good for two more years. But Upshaw is in his final year and McPhee is likely gone. 

This guy could replace the McPhee role in 2015, add in the Upshaw role in 2016, and be the heir to Suggs in 2017.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,262 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

One thing I recently saw is a question on how he will do at getting after the QB. That he is more of an Upshaw type.

Without the hip injuries, I would say I was confident he will be in play with our first rounder. But with them, I'm just not sure the a Ravens will risk that, at least early.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this
@BSLRobShields

#3 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

If his medical checks out, I would be onboard with taking him in the first round. He's more of a power than speed/finesse player, but I think that aligns with what we will be missing when McPhee moves on. The combination of short area quickness and power should allow him to work well as an interior pass rusher in sub packages.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this
@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners