#21 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,738 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Again, the top guys at the position will be gone.

If the Ravens want a CB in R1(which is a mistake IMO), they will have to take the 3rd option at best and probably lower than that.  Either that or they have to trade up(which would cost them at least a 3rd rounder for them to leap up high enough to get one of the top guys) or someone falls due to off the field issues like Smith did.

I think the idea of Waynes and Peters should be taken off the board right now...they will be gone unless Peters' off the field stuff really drops him, which is possible.

Who do you feel are the 3rd and 4th best CB options?  Do those guys warrant a first round pick?  That's what you should be looking at.

@BSLRobShields

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

I love how you speak in absolutes. It's so funny.

The irony...

#23 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

The irony...

Yeah, but usually wrong too. 

#24 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

If the Ravens want a CB in R1(which is a mistake IMO), they will have to take the 3rd option at best and probably lower than that.  Either that or they have to trade up(which would cost them at least a 3rd rounder for them to leap up high enough to get one of the top guys) or someone falls due to off the field issues like Smith did.

I think the idea of Waynes and Peters should be taken off the board right now...they will be gone unless Peters' off the field stuff really drops him, which is possible.

Who do you feel are the 3rd and 4th best CB options?  Do those guys warrant a first round pick?  That's what you should be looking at.

Agree with this. And I don't think the 3rd or 4th CB is who the Ravens will have at the top of their board by the time they pick.

#25 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

As of today, I think 50/50 Peters will be there. Interesting to see if they would pull the trigger.

#26 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

I think Peters is the best pure corner in the draft. I think he will probably be there at 26 due to the off field stuff. He is not the 4th best CB in the draft. Waynes is probably gone ...if both are gone they likey won't reach ...it's not their style.

#27 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

The irony...

I have strong opinions, but I don't say stupid things like Bnick with absolutely no reasoning.
@gabefergy

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

I have strong opinions, but I don't say stupid things like Bnick with absolutely no reasoning.

Ha. When I collect all of this guys incorrect opinions and throw him back at him with a long post with his own words  you'll know why. This is the guy who cried for a week because we took Mosley. Weren't you a huge Mike Evans hater too. Ha. 

Put it on record and stop ignoring the Mock Draft thread. Gurley is the superior prospect with the injury correct??? Mariotta is the better pro prospect correct?? 

#29 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Ha. When I collect all of this guys incorrect opinions and throw him back at him with a long post with his own words  you'll know why. This is the guy who cried for a week because we took Mosley. Weren't you a huge Mike Evans hater too. Ha. 

Put it on record and stop ignoring the Mock Draft thread. Gurley is the superior prospect with the injury correct??? Mariotta is the better pro prospect correct?? 

Well I personally think that Mariota will be a better NFL player than Winston. I have nothing to base that on personally other than the 18 Ints in 2014 and the low intangible rating on his player card. Additionally Mariota had a better 40 time by 4.52 to 4.97

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

Winston doesnt have low intangibles. His football IQ is high, especially at the QB position. He'll throw Ints. So did Luck and Peyton. He knows the position very well has all the throwing skills too. Pro system is huge.  It all comes down to not being an idiot off the field. Thats it. 

#31 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:56 PM

Winston doesnt have low intangibles. His football IQ is high, especially at the QB position. He'll throw Ints. So did Luck and Peyton. He knows the position very well has all the throwing skills too. Pro system is huge.  It all comes down to not being an idiot off the field. Thats it. 

A 4 is considered below average

From ESPN

4 Is pronounced 'Jame-us'. Is an alpha that plays with the swagger and confidence necessary to win over an NFL huddle and locker room. Was 14-0 as a starter last season. Has shown that he can win in both hostile environments and on the big stage. Will be important that he matures and improves his off-the-field decision making this year. Faced potential felony charges last year after being accused of sexually assaulting a woman at an off-campus apartment on December 7, 2012. The state attorney decided not to press charges due to a lack of evidence. Was issued a civil citation after sheriff's deputies say he walked out of a supermarket without paying for $32 worth of crab legs and crawfish in the spring of 2014. Florida State suspended Winston (also the closer and an outfield player) from the baseball team until he completed a required 20 hours of community service. Sources told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell that he purchased a $10 million disability and loss of value insurance policy. According to sources, the policy is equally split between a permanent disability policy, which he would collect if he were injured and could never play again, and a loss of value policy, which he would collect at least a percentage of if he fell in the draft.

#32 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

Peters with a 4.57 40. Let's see if he can improve on 2nd try.

Looks like a 4.54 2nd attempt.
@gabefergy

#33 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,306 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

Peters with a 4.57 40. Let's see if he can improve on 2nd try.

Looks like a 4.54 2nd attempt.

He has real long legs. Wonder if that helps him cover more ground even if the speed isnt 4.4 range
@BSLMikeRandall

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,311 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

A 4 is considered below average

From ESPN

4 Is pronounced 'Jame-us'. Is an alpha that plays with the swagger and confidence necessary to win over an NFL huddle and locker room. Was 14-0 as a starter last season. Has shown that he can win in both hostile environments and on the big stage. Will be important that he matures and improves his off-the-field decision making this year. Faced potential felony charges last year after being accused of sexually assaulting a woman at an off-campus apartment on December 7, 2012. The state attorney decided not to press charges due to a lack of evidence. Was issued a civil citation after sheriff's deputies say he walked out of a supermarket without paying for $32 worth of crab legs and crawfish in the spring of 2014. Florida State suspended Winston (also the closer and an outfield player) from the baseball team until he completed a required 20 hours of community service. Sources told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell that he purchased a $10 million disability and loss of value insurance policy. According to sources, the policy is equally split between a permanent disability policy, which he would collect if he were injured and could never play again, and a loss of value policy, which he would collect at least a percentage of if he fell in the draft.

So his intangibles are low because of a recap of his off-the-field issues?  Is that all "intangibles" means?  Of what use is that player card unless you've never heard of him before?

#35 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

He has real long legs. Wonder if that helps him cover more ground even if the speed isnt 4.4 range

I think speed is speed no matter how long his legs are. I don't see the recovery speed with him I would like and the COD isn't ideal either. He really has to win at the LOS to be at his best.
@gabefergy

#36 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Waynes with a 4.35 and 4.32. Damn.
@gabefergy

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

The more things that make it more likely Peters is available at 26 the better. Gives the Ravens a legit option to take there assuming they like what they heard in their interview. 

#38 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

He was good in other drills. Again, if teams want to put too much emphasis on 4.53 that only helps the Ravens. He's fluid and instinctive. Nose for the ball. 

Waynes is obviously the first CB to go. He's safer and talented. 

#39 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,306 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

He was good in other drills. Again, if teams want to put too much emphasis on 4.53 that only helps the Ravens. He's fluid and instinctive. Nose for the ball. 

Waynes is obviously the first CB to go. He's safer and talented. 

Yeah. I didnt think there was a shot that Waynes fell, and that sub 4.4 40 solidified that. Peters could fall even more. Interested how he interviewed. Ravens talked to him at the combine. We'll see if they go to his pro day.
@BSLMikeRandall

#40 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,738 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

I know it's not domestic abuse but he has had abuse issues apparently and just other red flags..might be enough for the Ravens to take him off their board, considering the message from yesterday.
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners