#61 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

My #1 iPhone gripe...

When the phone keeps clinging to a very weak WiFi signal instead of shifting over to cellular data. There have been many times when I get in my car that I have to shut off the WiFi in order to load a trip on Waze.

#62 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Apple stock has performed so well that CEO Tim Cook got an $89 million bonus

http://mashable.com/...s/#shjs9ucHK5qk

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#63 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

Is Apple Slowing Down Old iPhones? Questions and Answers

How many users does this affect?

Apple has said the power management technique works on iPhone 6, 6S, SE and 7.

https://www.nytimes....oblem-slow.html

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#64 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

It's been obvious for years that the phones slow down. Not buying it's from batteries too. I have a 2003 computer that is super slow. It happens when devices get older. Just admit it, Apple.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#65 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

It's been obvious for years that the phones slow down. Not buying it's from batteries too. I have a 2003 computer that is super slow. It happens when devices get older. Just admit it, Apple.

Old PC's being slow is different... it's the combo of lesser CPU's plus all the goddam Windows updates.... you can often get a notable speed-up by backing up your files then nuking the whole thing... do a fresh install of current Windows, less crap for the PC to cope with... the main downside is that reinstalling everything else is a PITA...

As for speeding up iphones, here's one article about it... I don't know beans about iphones, so I have no news about whether this article is worth a damn... https://www.cnet.com...072492606172428

BTW, if Apple loved you, they'd make it easier to install a new battery....

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#66 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

BTW, if Apple loved you, they'd make it easier to install a new battery....

Yep! Double yep!!

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

That would keep people from getting new phones every September.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#68 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

Who knew...  :wink:  and hold on there Timmy...

Apple faces lawsuits after saying it slows down aging iPhones

All the lawsuits - filed in U.S. District Courts in California, New York and Illinois - seek class-action to represent potentially millions of iPhone owners nationwide.

https://www.reuters....s-idUSKBN1EL034

Apple CEO Cook Gets 74% Bonus Boost After Sales, Profit Rebound

Cook’s incentive pay totaled $9.33 million for the year ended Sept. 30, the Cupertino, California-based company said Wednesday in a regulatory filing. He also took home $3.06 million in salary and a previously disclosed equity award of $89.2 million, bringing his total payout for the year to about $102 million.

https://www.msn.com/...ound/ar-BBHqvZ8

#69 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

Good. They deserve to be taken to court for that BS.

#70 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

$29 iPhone battery replacement...

https://www.macworld...pcw_bestof_html

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#71 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Apple admits its new $350 speaker can leave permanent white rings on wooden surfaces and furniture

Early reviewers of Apple's new HomePod smart speaker have noticed an issue with the $350 device: It can leave white rings on some wooden surfaces.

Reviewers at Wirecutter and Pocket-lint noticed that the HomePod left behind a semipermanent white ring on some wooden tables and countertops. Both said that the HomePod didn't leave rings on every type of wooden surface but that it seemed to affect countertops or tables treated with oil.

Apple confirmed to both publications that the device could damage some surfaces but said the marks should fade over time.

DWAvecSWkAA2ONy.jpg

http://www.businessi...e-admits-2018-2

#72 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

I am a complete and total apple devotee.  They make mistakes and drive me crazy a lot, but its a million times better than PC.  We just upgraded to Win 10 at work today and I wanted to put my fist through the monitor every 30 seconds.  

@fuzydunlop

#73 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,228 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

A few days ago my android phone I had for over 3 years crapped the bed. So I got my first iPhone. The 8 plus. I have a Macbook too so I was drawn in by the sync-ability. 

Any tips, tricks, hacks you iPhone guys know of? It's going to be a learning curve after having android for 8 years or so. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#74 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

Sure.  I use my widgets (swipe left) for checking my bank accounts/credit cards.

The swipe up is your friend.  

Otherwise, its the same stuff as Android.  Both buttons at the same time will produce a screen shot.  When you are taking a selfie you can hit the volume down to take a pic.  

I turn off the background refresh option and I remove the automatic downloads for Podcasts.  Little stuff like that.  But most of the stuff you'll learn will be by accident.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

@fuzydunlop

#75 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,228 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

Sure.  I use my widgets (swipe left) for checking my bank accounts/credit cards.

The swipe up is your friend.  

Otherwise, its the same stuff as Android.  Both buttons at the same time will produce a screen shot.  When you are taking a selfie you can hit the volume down to take a pic.  

I turn off the background refresh option and I remove the automatic downloads for Podcasts.  Little stuff like that.  But most of the stuff you'll learn will be by accident.

Thanks. Yeah I like the widgets on the left. Already got some stuff loaded over there. The swipe up is basically the swipe down on my android so that seems easy. I keep swiping right for some reason and it goes to the camera and figuring out how to "go back" is a little different on each site, widget, app, whatever. I'll get used to it. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners