BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,621 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:48 AM

I have really enjoyed the season.

You are really starting to see a lot of prequel to BB stuff happening.

He obviously becomes a lawyer again.  Just wonder if we see him get out of his situation tonight or if it carries over to next season.

I will say that I am not sure how much longer the show can go on.  I can't see it going more than 2 more seasons and even those could be abbreviated seasons.

@BSLRobShields

#322 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

I was just thinking about this - if/when they catch up to BB, they could always just switch the show to be post-BB instead of a prequel.

The loss of Mike/Gus/etc would leave a big hole, but I'd watch a show about the cartel discovering Jimmy at Cinnabon, him having to go on the run, surviving on his wits, and then eventually reuniting with Kim.

#323 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

I feel like we are dangerously close to BB. Anyone notice the yellow spray paint on the stone they need to excavate was eerily similar to “Heisenberg” paineted in the remains of Walter White’s home?

Jimmy is already piecing together that his clients know him as “Saul”. I don’t think there is much left to do other than move on to where he is full on Saul. But still Jimmy at home. Have the season end with the transformation complete.

Starting to think Saul is still Jimmy at home even in the BB years. I don’t think during BB you get much of a look at his personal life. Kim could be who he comes home to during the BB years too. We just never see it. I was hung up on what happens to her for a while. Their fight last week could be a red herring. She might be by his side and her exit from the show might not be until when Saul skips town for Nebraska.

So many things can happen. It’s so fascinating, this universe, the characters. I think someone big shows up at the end. Or something leading you to think Walt or Jesse are close. The hot dog shop was a frequent hangout of Jesse’s.
@BSLMikeRandall

#324 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Season finale felt kind of weak, IMO.

@BSLMikeRandall

#325 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,633 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:02 AM

The Ringer: Three Takeaways From the Fourth Season of ‘Better Call Saul’

#326 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,021 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

I think it was a pretty big finale for character movement.  Both Mike and Jimmy/Saul have had one foot on the good side and one foot on the bad.  Finale was all about them making the full transition over the line to the people we know from Breaking Bad.

At least that is what it appears.  We've seen times where we thought the transition was complete, at least for Jimmy, and he pulled back.  This time, I think he is Saul from here on out.  And Mike obviously can't walk back from what he's just done, he's killed before but it reasonable purposes of revenge for his son's murder.  This was 100% business.  Future seasons will be about Saul driving Kim away and then him hooking up with Mike and Lalo and Nacho for completely nefarious activities of increasing degree.  

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#327 Dystopia

Dystopia
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

I liked season 4, but season 3 IMO has been the best season so far. 

Did you notice that both Mike and Walter used the "You're going to have an 8 million dollar hole in the ground" line to Gus as a desperate last attempt to save a life (in Walter's case, his own and Jesse's)? Unfortunately Mike wasn't able to save Werner. 

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#328 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

Variety: 'Better Call Saul' Team on the Season Finale   SPOILERS

https://variety.com/...irk-1202970629/

Odenkirk and Gould talk about the episode and the future. It's a good read. I think from a lot I've read from Gilligan and Gould, they really don't have a planned timeline, as if to say character X has to transform by this episode, or this guy has to show up by this episode. 

But Gilligan said about Breaking Bad that he made it six seasons (or was it an extended 5th for 5 1/2 seasons?) because shows pretty much run their course by then. When you think about it though, this show could go on much longer because Odenkirk is multiple characters. They spent 4 seasons on Jimmy McGill/Slippin Jimmy. With tiny bits of Saul teased. You could do say four more seasons on Saul, his eventual interactions with Mike, Nacho, Lalo, where Kim is going? Then you could do x amount of seasons on Gene because that is a whole different world that opens up to brand new characters. 

Honestly, this series could go on for many many more seasons because there is so much story to tell because the guy is so many different characters at different points of time. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#329 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,329 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:56 PM

Loved the finale and the season as a whole. I do think season 3 has been the best. Then 4, 2, 1.

#330 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,621 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:19 PM

Yea, I think this season was excellent.

Are there any characters you don’t like?
@BSLRobShields

#331 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,329 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

Yea, I think this season was excellent.

Are there any characters you don’t like?

That punk Kai...

But no, not off the top of my head.

#332 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:36 AM

The film student kids are a little bit of a convenient plot contrivance. That's if I'm nitpicking for small complaints. Great show.
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#333 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,990 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

I think the show is super well done and it's interesting to see how the main characters evolved into their Breaking Bad personas, but I think the show is too monotonous to borrow Mack's word to be a truly great show.

#334 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:29 PM

Lots of News today in the
world.

S6 is ordered and will be the final season with 13 episodes.
Robert Forster (Ed) will be appearing in S5
Hank & Gomey, our fave DEA agents are back in S5

• BSLRobShields likes this

#335 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,621 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:23 PM

Love this show but there is just way too much time in between each season.
@BSLRobShields

#336 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,329 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

Two full seasons for them to go out on their own terms. Awesome.

#337 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,021 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

It's gonna be so sad to see whatever goes down between Jimmy and Kim.

Agree with Rob that the time between seasons is a negative.  But if it's what they gotta do to get schedules to mesh and everyone on board and the network out of their hair so they can do what they want, I guess it's a price worth paying.

#338 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,633 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:47 PM

The Ringer: The Enduring, Understated Brilliance of ‘Better Call Saul’ 

#339 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

https://www.instagra...d=1k3w3rn8mz2g6

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@DJ_McCann

#340 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:35 AM

Most interesting flash forward to open a season yet. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners