#5121 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,382 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

I really like the heat between Drew and Brock.  Brock will disappear for about a month. then they will begin to build up to WM.

Have to think Drew takes the belt at WM.

I...am not too sure. I hope he does, but I feel like how Drew is received over the next couple of months will make that determination.

Joe can't stop getting hurt. Man...

#5122 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

Also liked, the interchange between Edge and Orton.  The beat down allows Edge to work the part time schedule.  I expect they meet in a PPV before Mania and then again at WM.

I like seeing Edge back as a part timer.

Also thinking the rumors of Charlotte challenging Ripley makes sense.

They have matched her up far to much with Becky and Bailey to do again.

Charlotte puts Ripley over and a star is born.

• JeremyStrain and The Epic like this
@mikeghg

#5123 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:26 PM

I really like the heat between Drew and Brock.  Brock will disappear for about a month. then they will begin to build up to WM.

Have to think Drew takes the belt at WM.

Is this heel on heel or is Drew flipping face? I have to imagine he'd get some pops just going against Brock cause everyone hates him, but you know as soon as he wins, the fans will just turn on him. I also hate how they announce so early who they are going after, cause we know now there's almost zero chance Brock drops the belt in the 3 months til Mania. Kinda takes the sails out of a potential Brock/Ricochet matchup (which looked like it was being teased...especially with smaller guys giving Brock fits).

That's why I was asking about the face/heel thing though, if they are both heels it opens the chance a face could steal the title in the next 3 months, and then defend against Drew at Mania.

If they are going to do this they just have to make sure the in between PPV are both something where they shouldn't even have a UT match. Like Survivor Series where the champ could be on a 5v5 elimination team, but not have a title match.

@JeremyMStrain

#5124 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

What a fantastic episode of Raw.

You know you did the damn thing when you even made Mojo look great.

I like him having a "football team" as a faction. Like this guy is his OL, blocking and running interference. You could build a whole faction around it, gaudy theme and all. Could you imagine someone bringing back Hacksaw's 3 point stance into a spear? Have a cruiserweight come in as a CB, Bobby Lashley could be a DE just spearing people all day (would be better than this awful storyline he's stuck in).

@JeremyMStrain

#5125 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

Is this heel on heel or is Drew flipping face? I have to imagine he'd get some pops just going against Brock cause everyone hates him, but you know as soon as he wins, the fans will just turn on him. I also hate how they announce so early who they are going after, cause we know now there's almost zero chance Brock drops the belt in the 3 months til Mania. Kinda takes the sails out of a potential Brock/Ricochet matchup (which looked like it was being teased...especially with smaller guys giving Brock fits).

That's why I was asking about the face/heel thing though, if they are both heels it opens the chance a face could steal the title in the next 3 months, and then defend against Drew at Mania.

If they are going to do this they just have to make sure the in between PPV are both something where they shouldn't even have a UT match. Like Survivor Series where the champ could be on a 5v5 elimination team, but not have a title match.

I think they want to have Drew be a face.  Too many heels on Raw right now.  They seem to be doing it gradual.

Drew can be a star if they do it right.

@mikeghg

#5126 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

I think they want to have Drew be a face.  Too many heels on Raw right now.  They seem to be doing it gradual.

Drew can be a star if they do it right.

I think he could, but not as a face. Some guys, like Randy Orton just don't seem to work as one side. He's been a great heel, but I don't see him with the charisma to pull off the face thing.

I also was really hoping to see Drew/Sheamus paired as a tag team. That's almost brothers of destruction physicality, and the promos they could cut with them out at a pub or something would be something special.

Braun should be given the big man Face push. He's super intense, but he is pretty funny, and is still kinda believable as having a soft spot. Kinda reminds me of a more personable Goldberg.

@JeremyMStrain

#5127 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

I think he could, but not as a face. Some guys, like Randy Orton just don't seem to work as one side. He's been a great heel, but I don't see him with the charisma to pull off the face thing.

I also was really hoping to see Drew/Sheamus paired as a tag team. That's almost brothers of destruction physicality, and the promos they could cut with them out at a pub or something would be something special.

Braun should be given the big man Face push. He's super intense, but he is pretty funny, and is still kinda believable as having a soft spot. Kinda reminds me of a more personable Goldberg.

I really think they have moved past Braun.  They spent 2 years building Braun up,  but they seem to be moving away.

• The Epic and DuffMan like this
@mikeghg

#5128 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

I really think they have moved past Braun.  They spent 2 years building Braun up,  but they seem to be moving away.

Yeah I don't get why they do that. Finn too. Two of the most under/misused guys on the roster. Imagine them in AEW. It's like "Stunning Steve Austin" coming over to WWE.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5129 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:16 AM

Yeah I don't get why they do that. Finn too. Two of the most under/misused guys on the roster. Imagine them in AEW. It's like "Stunning Steve Austin" coming over to WWE.

I think Finn is in a good spot now.  I think, he likes being on NXT and is playing a good role.  I agree on Braun and I also think you could add Cesaro to the list.  Cedric too.

• JeremyStrain likes this
@mikeghg

#5130 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:54 AM

Sad but true.  They blew it with him when they had him lose to Brock countless times.

#5131 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:17 AM

Sad but true.  They blew it with him when they had him lose to Brock countless times.

Yep, then job to Shane and his crew.  

He will settle into a Big Show type role.

Heel-Face repeat,  Looks invincible at times, then lose to someone they are pushing.

@mikeghg

#5132 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:27 AM

Yep, then job to Shane and his crew.  

He will settle into a Big Show type role.

Heel-Face repeat,  Looks invincible at times, then lose to someone they are pushing.

I've always wondered if Vince didn't see Andre whenever he looked at Show, and kind of babied him because of it. I know he really loves Show, and he gets more random periods off than anyone, I've always thought he might be doing it to try to save the wear and tear on his larger body after everything with Andre, I know that's a major regret of his, not doing more for him, even if there was nothing he could have done. He really loved that dude.

• Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5133 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:06 AM

I've always wondered if Vince didn't see Andre whenever he looked at Show, and kind of babied him because of it. I know he really loves Show, and he gets more random periods off than anyone, I've always thought he might be doing it to try to save the wear and tear on his larger body after everything with Andre, I know that's a major regret of his, not doing more for him, even if there was nothing he could have done. He really loved that dude.

He has said as much.  I heard an interview, where he said, he knew Andre was in trouble, and they were just not able to do enough.  With the exception of Bruno, no one printed tickets like Andre.  I know you have been to Mania and you have probably have seen the life size cut out of Andre,  he was incredibly big.  Just getting comfortable in life had to be almost impossible even before his health problems did him in.

I have seen Show in person and he is also huge, but not as big as Andre.  

@mikeghg

#5134 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:13 AM

He has said as much.  I heard an interview, where he said, he knew Andre was in trouble, and they were just not able to do enough.  With the exception of Bruno, no one printed tickets like Andre.  I know you have been to Mania and you have probably have seen the life size cut out of Andre,  he was incredibly big.  Just getting comfortable in life had to be almost impossible even before his health problems did him in.

I have seen Show in person and he is also huge, but not as big as Andre.  

Has he? When I saw the Andre doc on HBO you could see it, probably the only time I ever really believed every word coming out of Vince's mouth. He's a salesguy and promoter, it's his job to embellish, but man, talking about Andre was all real, totally different side of Vinny.

Yeah it's just mind numbing how huge he was. I met Show once, and he was pretty huge too, but yeah different league. One of the absolute nicest guys you'll ever meet though. I've just always wondered about it. I know he came over to WWE relatively young still, but seemed like once a year he was getting a month or two break, and I always wondered if he was fighting injuries cause he's bigger, or Vince was holding him back because he didn't want the injuries to get too bad. Really made me think about it after the Doc, you could see how much he loved Andre.

@JeremyMStrain

#5135 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

Has he? When I saw the Andre doc on HBO you could see it, probably the only time I ever really believed every word coming out of Vince's mouth. He's a salesguy and promoter, it's his job to embellish, but man, talking about Andre was all real, totally different side of Vinny.

Yeah it's just mind numbing how huge he was. I met Show once, and he was pretty huge too, but yeah different league. One of the absolute nicest guys you'll ever meet though. I've just always wondered about it. I know he came over to WWE relatively young still, but seemed like once a year he was getting a month or two break, and I always wondered if he was fighting injuries cause he's bigger, or Vince was holding him back because he didn't want the injuries to get too bad. Really made me think about it after the Doc, you could see how much he loved Andre.

Show actually looks like he is in pretty good shape now.

I saw him at the Lord Baltimore Hotel down town and then at Mania in New Orleans.

it is interesting to see how people react as he walks by.

@mikeghg

#5136 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

WWE building story lines for the next Saudi Show.

Goldberg looks to be part of it.

Ricochet will be wrestling Lesnar after winning a triple threat match against Rollins and Lashley.

@mikeghg

#5137 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

Charlotte will be on NXT tomorrow to answer Ripley's challenge.

That is a fresh match for Mania.

@mikeghg

#5138 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,382 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:26 PM

Bianca Belair is a damn star and I hope they include her in the Charlotte/Rhea match somehow. 

Also, VELVETEEN DREAM IS BACK! "Call me up, Marina!"

#5139 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,920 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

WWE is at a low point as far as business is concerned. Hoping it leads to some creativity.

#5140 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

Bianca Belair is a damn star and I hope they include her in the Charlotte/Rhea match somehow. 

Also, VELVETEEN DREAM IS BACK! "Call me up, Marina!"

It was pretty cool the way they brought Dream back. They made him look very strong.

It does look like they are plugging Bel Air into that feud, but not sure she makes it all the way to Mania though.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners